Final Voting Round - Best Game of the Year | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Voting Round Best Game of the Year

Best Game of the Year

• MG80- Fate Grand Order

• MG81- Puyo Puyo Tetris

• MG82- Yu-Gi-Oh!

• MG84- MH Hydra

• MG85- Shingeki no Kyojin

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

This thread's purpose is to the Best Game of the Year (2020). This was a game where the hosts put in extra effort to ensure the numbers, roles, setup and game structure was the right balance and thus produced an extremely exciting and entertaining game for all players.

Note: All mafia games played in the year 2020 excluding speed games are eligible for this category.

Voting Round Final
  • Time: 5 days - Polls open through December 18th
  • Members can only vote for 1 name out of the remaining nominees.
  • In case of a tie for most votes, all tied nominees will be considered winners.

MG78- The Unholy Grail War
MG79- Marvel Cinematic Universe
MG80- Fate Grand Order
MG81- Puyo Puyo Tetris
MG82- Yu-Gi-Oh!
MG84- MH Hydra
MG85- Shingeki no Kyojin
MG86- Magic: the Gathering

MG84- MH Hydra- [16]
MG85- Shingeki no Kyojin- [13]
MG80- Fate Grand Order- [10]
MG81- Puyo Puyo Tetris- [9]
MG82- Yu-Gi-Oh!- [9]

MG78- The Unholy Grail War- [6]
MG79- Marvel Cinematic Universe- [4]
MG86- Magic: the Gathering- [2]

Remember that this event is for fun purposes, as always keep the tone friendly and respectful.

To view the rules and general info about the Awards, click [HERE].

Last edited:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Personally I played only three games, so for me it's hard to say, but here's a list of most active players in year 2020 and their number of (regular length) games played :D

PlayerNumber of Games
digitaldude
10​
GrySun
9​
MarmaladeSky
9​
Seraph
9​
Takuan
9​
Belserion
8​
Demonspeed
8​
Gajeel
8​
Holt
8​
Lambu
8​
desin24
7​
Erinyes
7​
James Rye
7​
Copy Panda
6​
gnut
6​
goodboy
6​
Juviii
6​
Lady pompom
6​
Asako
5​
BlackTiger
5​
Brandish µ
5​
Farfalla
5​
Hardy
5​
SonOfDaws
5​
BD_Beno
4​
Crescent Jinx
4​
Raven
4​
shinobi
4​
SirSamuel016
4​
Vandred
4​
Evil3ye
3​
Gryffindor
2​
Knightmare of heavan 0
2​
sakura-aneki
2​
scav
2​
Shad
2​
xi0
2​
Zasz
2​
Anih
1​
Buffynut
1​
Imperium
1​
Kato756
1​
lakhan220
1​
Moegara
1​
Organizized
1​
Ramen
1​
revo
1​
riki
1​
Rikudou King
1​
SonOfDows
1​
Spirit
1​
uberfayt
1​
xnut
1​

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ignoring 78 that I just nominated for best ever, game 82 was hype to follow.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Note: All mafia games played in the year 2020 excluding speed games are eligible for this category.
Tfw Daws' next game won't count even though it will be in 2020 technically, tough life.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For me this year definitely:
  1. Mafia Game 85 - Shingeki no Kyojin Final Arc - Subjectively: lived a very long time and won, objectively: game was extremely eventful, lots of good and bad lynches, lots of theorizing with game mechanic titan tracking + some weird events, both teams were very close to winning and lead switched often. Feels like it was a great game even for spectating, and even more so for playing. Lots of people, both town and mafia, were active and made for a great playing environment. HIGH QUALITY SIMPING
  2. Mafia Game 82 - Yu-Gi-Oh! - End Game - Okay objectively the game had flaws as it wasn't even a Mafia Game by the end of it, but damn was it fun to play, and the phase James was lynched while doing huge wall-posts was extremely satisfying. MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE PLAYING YUGIOH
Otherwise I think it was a bad year for me with dying each game very early or right as the game was starting to kick in, not the fault of the game but harder for me to compare to games I lived longer in, personally.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Personally I played only three games, so for me it's hard to say, but here's a list of most active players in year 2020 and their number of (regular length) games played :D

PlayerNumber of Games
digitaldude
10​
GrySun
9​
MarmaladeSky
9​
Seraph
9​
Takuan
9​
Belserion
8​
Demonspeed
8​
Gajeel
8​
Holt
8​
Lambu
8​
desin24
7​
Erinyes
7​
James Rye
7​
Copy Panda
6​
gnut
6​
goodboy
6​
Juviii
6​
Lady pompom
6​
Asako
5​
BlackTiger
5​
Brandish µ
5​
Farfalla
5​
Hardy
5​
SonOfDaws
5​
BD_Beno
4​
Crescent Jinx
4​
Raven
4​
shinobi
4​
SirSamuel016
4​
Vandred
4​
Evil3ye
3​
Gryffindor
2​
Knightmare of heavan 0
2​
sakura-aneki
2​
scav
2​
Shad
2​
xi0
2​
Zasz
2​
Anih
1​
Buffynut
1​
Imperium
1​
Kato756
1​
lakhan220
1​
Moegara
1​
Organizized
1​
Ramen
1​
revo
1​
riki
1​
Rikudou King
1​
SonOfDows
1​
Spirit
1​
uberfayt
1​
xnut
1​
How is Daws 2 times listed here?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
had a name typo for game 86.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hydra game 84 - For me the idea of playing with someone else you can discuss with during day was brilliant, not only because it makes it easier in cases like mine, but also because having another player to get things discussed knowing you can trust this person makes it more fun. It also comes with drawbacks like not having a partner you may agree with or having a partner that does not have time, but the experience was very fun and for me, one of the best games of this year. Props to Panda and Farfy!

Shingeki no Kyojin Final arc game 85 - Eeeh, this game was certainly confusing and the longest ever, but it was also interesting and fun, it had many "Oh no, this small mistake and mafia wins!", but it ended with a town win, I also enjoyed a lot being that spirit medium for real, and kept wondering how mafia could make us believe town had a prostitute and doctor by day ten and they are still alive :XD (Sakura and DD you deceived town very well!)

Puyo puyo Game 81 - I enjoyed it not only because of the win, but it was my first time as a mentor and an actual independent third party (I was mentee before, but lost it), I could recruit my friends <_> and at some point, mafia even tried to help me when town found them all out, I think playing as third party was a great experience, thanks Farfy and gnut too!

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
They say the best games are the ones you play in, so... default nominations go to 78 (Unholy Grail War) - 80 (FGO) - 84 (MH Hydra) - 85 (SnK) :hee

Jokes aside, I didn't follow the other ones very closely, so I couldn't judge them fairly. But I had fun playing and following all the games I participated in this year, so they deserve being nominated.

Tfw Daws' next game won't count even though it will be in 2020 technically, tough life.
It will count for next year's awards, similarly to the Community Awards. The Mafia Year 2021 will go from December 2020 to... whenever we'll hold the next MAs =3=

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Any game in which I didn't die Day 1 :hmph

...Yugioh then I guess for me :XD

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
HYDRA ENDED ON A TECHNICALITY BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDNT POST OR VOTE IN THE THREAD, HOW IS IT THE BEST GAME OF 2020? PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN.
For that very reason; the cockiness that caused the L- that is what makes the ending tragic, but beautiful nonetheless. Was a super fun game and different to team up with someone as a single unit, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself in it overall :nod

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
For that very reason; the cockiness that caused the L- that is what makes the ending tragic, but beautiful nonetheless. Was a super fun game and different to team up with someone as a single unit, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself in it overall :nod
Feck you @Hardy :arf :handgun

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hydra was fun as a concept and fun to watch too but I died too early after finally getting a role I have wanted for a long time...

The FGO game was my favorite this year. Lot of good play and crazy moments. The way it was balanced was interesting too. Plus the avys and hosting were great.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Going to go off of my playing experience here and say the FGO game. First time in a mafia game was a great deal of fun and not just because of me sniping Gry in the middle of his heated discussion with farf :heh. I also appreciate the learning experience I got from that, from pro strats with @Gryffindor to optimum :kappa use with Zasz. There was someone we missed recruiting if I remember correctly so shout-out to them, but it was a fun game, satisfying win and a time I'd love to have a repeat of soon! :XD Extremely Honourable mention to the Hydra Game, I also loved playing that and it was great to team up with the best Third Party player @MarmaladeSky. Thank you to all of the hosts for your fantastic work this year, and thank you to my team mates in these games with whom I've had a lot of fun with!

Status
Not open for further replies.