Best Horror | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Horror

Which is the Best Horror Series?

• [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate]Hellsing Ultimate[/url]

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni]Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni [/url]

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_%28TV%29]Mirai Nikki[/url]

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/11111/Another]Another[/url]

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki]Shiki[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Welcome to the nomination phase of
Best Horror

This thread is for nominating and discussing the best horror anime, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the other category threads or MH Anime Awards 2012 Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoPlease remember, that you may nominate only three title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can only change one of your nominations so think twice before you make your choice. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

"Please note that for categories that were included last year, the winner of last year's award for that specific category can't be nominated this year..
Winner Best Horror 2010: Elfen Lied

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also please briefly explain the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for your understanding!

Nominees:

Higurashi: When They Cry - 5 Nominations
Another - 2 Nominations
Mirai Nikki - 2 Nominations
Shiki
Hellsing Ultimate - 2 Nominations
Perfect Blue
Mononoke Hime

Last edited by a moderator:

Barksrae

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only logical choice here is Higurashi When They Cry; no other show has made me scared enough to think that one of the psychos would come up and stab me from behind... is there someone behind me?

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I nominate Another.
I also nominate Mirai Nikki(More of a thriller)

Last edited:

Yuyunarutoballz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: When They Cry (I'd appericate it if you guys helped me out here. This is one of my personal favorite shows)

I also support Another

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I nominate Hellsing Ultimate, Mononoke and Perfect Blue

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I also support Hellsing Ultimate

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Mirai Nikki can be considered an Horror right? I mean, with that crazy Yuno. LOL
I nominate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm supporting Higurashi. I haven't seen many horrors.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
VOTING RESULT

Welcome to the result of MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2012, category Best Horror! Thank you for everyone who has supported this awards by giving your vote in the poll. Aren't you curious to see which anime won the category as the best horror anime in 2012? Wait no further, with just one click away, you can see the winner... And it is...

Hellsing, a secret organization of the British government, has long been battling supernatural threats to keep the people safe from creatures of the night. The current leader, Integra Wingates Hellsing controls her own personal army to eliminate the undead beings, but even her highly trained soldiers pale in comparison to her most trusted vampire exterminator, a man by the name of Alucard, who is actually a powerful vampire himself. Along with Integra's mysterious butler and Alucard's new vampire minion, Seras Victoria, The Hellsing Organization must face not only regular ghouls and vampires, but a rivaling secret organization from the Vatican, and Millennium, an enigmatic group of madmen spawned by a certain war over 50 years ago...

A bloody battle between monsters is about to begin, the dead are dancing, and all hell is singing...​

We hope you enjoyed the awards and find new, awesome anime titles for you to check out.
Visit us again at the next Anime Awards, and have a good day!
:confetti

Yuyunarutoballz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ummm, Wtf?? Higurashi clearly got more votes than Hellsing. Why is Hellsing the winner?