Best Male Lead | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Male Lead

Best Male Lead

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Male Lead Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Male Lead Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop (4)
2. Gintoki Sakata from Gintama (3)
3. Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass (3)
4. Luffy from One Piece (2)
5. Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (2)

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Nothing and no one can beat spike!!!

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lelouche isn't bad either (I voted for him), but there's a lot of male leads who didn't make it, who are as good or better than these 5, hehe :D

I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop enough, to be able to validly vote for Spike.

(At first, from only seeing a few episodes, I didn't think much of Cowboy Beebop. But, I know now Cowboy Bebop, is great. I just haven't yet got around to watching it in full. I will at some point. Trigun too, with Vash the Stampede, I need to watch out in full as well, sighs, and many more too, lol)

(if anyone likes Vash the Stampede, then you might also want to watch Trinity Blood, as Abel Nightroad acts in the same way, pretending to be clumsy and an idiot, when he's really a bad-ass)

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I was caught between Kamina and Lelouch for this one. Lelouch was really badass and I won't ever forget his evil laughter (I think that typifies Fukuyama Jun now, although in truth FukuJun has a much, much wider range than that) and his downward spiral in his bid to achieve his goals... And ultimately, his sacrifice.

But, I must also throw a very big bone to Kamina, because he was in many ways the driving force of Gurren Lagann. Without him, Simon would not have even imagined really going out onto the surface, nor having the courage to do the things he did. Kamina was an inspiring character both to the other characters and I daresay even to the viewers. I've seen his quotes used like everywhere, and I've heard of people comforting and inspiring their IRL friends using his words :XD

"Believe in me who believes in you" and "Believe in yourself, who believes in yourself" and "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb"... He is just so GAR and memorable a character, and even after the unfortunate events of episode 8, he continued to be an inspiration to everyone, to all humans (in the anime).

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I'm pretty sure sala said what's on my mind.

But to add on, he's also one of the maniest guy i've ever seen in the anime world..and I've seen quite a lot of animes.
He's the, if i want to do it, i'll just do it guy.
Kamina also inspired alot in simon and he went and gave his life without hesitation.
I thought I could never do all that he did and he's so uh..shiny.

Plus, that phrase that he said..AWESOMENESS.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I'd go with Luffy:) He is deffinetly the best. Man chasing his dream and always being so funny, but even though he is a bit dumb I see it as a good part of his character, cause he always becomes serious when it is really needed.

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I would go with Lelouch. Unlike other hero, he's an anti-hero. He's an evil protagonist and different than other typical protagonist. Kamina was cool and GAR, but Lelouch is still the best for me.

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
TTGL...its the mecha anime, right? I always had to work up strength to watch mecha. I'll try to watch it and see Mr. Kamina. So yeah if anybody is actually bothering to read my post, when i said none can beat spike...i meant none i know of and kamina is unfortunately not included in that group. About Lelouch, he is a superb character alright. But i still say spike, he is just the most possible, most realistic character out there. He doesn't need anything exaggerated to be as cool, as hip as rock n roll as anybody can be. So anybody thinking of watching cowboy bebop and spike, i just have this one advice: don't spoil it by trying to judge it too early by comparing it with the flashier animes. Just see it for what it is, and its beautiful.

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
There is no question.

GINTOKI-SAMA~~~ <3

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Voted for Luffy. He's pretty inspiring and hilarious. I love how he's willing to do anything for his friends and how stupid he is, yet smart when he needs to be. He is so damn hilarious as well! :XD

If I saw Cowboy Bebop, I'd probably vote for him. Oh, and inb4yelling4votingdespitenotseeingmostoftheanime

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Male Lead Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Male Lead Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop (4)
2. Gintoki Sakata from Gintama (3)
3. Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass (3)
4. Luffy from One Piece (2)
5. Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (2)

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]: