Best Movie | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Movie

Best Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Best Movie Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Movie Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Spirited Away
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Tonari no Totoro
5. Evangelion 2.0: You Can (not) Advance

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The results are really close! Please vote and encourage your fellow members to vote for the nominee each of you thinks deserves to win! :tem Every vote counts! :thumbs

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Movie Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Movie Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Spirited Away
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Ghost in the Shell
4. Tonari no Totoro
5. Evangelion 2.0: You Can (not) Advance

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I was disapointed to see that a movie was able to beat princess mononoke only to discover to see that it is another Miyasaki who won :-))
That's where you see the title translation are misleading, in France the title was Le voyage de Chihiro (meaning Chihiro's journey) so I didn't make the link at all...

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
well, if you haven't seen Spirited Away yet (or Le voyage de Chihiro as you mentioned it's called in France), I'd recommend it, as it's ~ equal to Princess Mononoke, but obviously very different from it.

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away (Le voyage de Chihiro) are two of the best movies I've seen.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I've seen it, that's why it is comic because I had no idea I had, when I saw the results :-)
All the Miyasaki are great and I think I've seen most of tgem. They are the anime which made me discover manga after all.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
It makes me ashamed to say that I haven't watched either... :( I've only watched Totoro :s I keep meaning to watch them, but then... :sweat

I really did think Eva was a good movie though, as a remake of the original series that was also brilliant, in terms of action, animation and all-round goodness. But I guess without having watched most of the rest, I can't really say anything about it in comparison to the rest.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
well, I hadn't watched Evangelion, so I can't speak of how they compare to evangelion.

however, if you ever have/get time, you should check them out, as they are the few movies that are actually enjoyable to watch.

for me:

Spirited Away was good throughout, complete goodness

Princess Mononoke has a good amount of "lame/boring/poor movie's parts" (~its middle section), but it's beginning and ending epsecially make up for its "lame movie aspects/parts" (~its middle section). It has a very similar type of plot as that of the movie Avatar with those blue nekos, the highest grossing movie since the director's also 2nd highest grossing movie, Titanic. It's ending is NOT disappointing, hehe!

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Mononokes story is way more gray than Avatars though. Though I disagree with "lame movie aspects" in middle whatever you think those are. Middle part has the indtrouduction of the both strong female characters. It has the forest and the village parts beuatifully as polarizing each other, yet there are still warmth in both. Neither is necessarily evil or bad. And the hell, I think my favorite action sequence is culmination of middle part. Though the war parts near the end are pretty awesome too.