Best Old School Anime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Old School Anime

Best Old School Anime

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Sooo, the vote is done, and we're down to the results! You've all nominated for your favorites and voted for the ones that made it ahead! We've had 62 members who have voted for the best old school anime! The one with the most vote has been considered the best old school anime, their favorite anime they used to watch when growing up! Do you to know which nomination is the winner? Well, read on ahead!

The winner is, Cowboy Bebop with the total votes of 19! That's 30.65% of the total votes! Congratulations, Cowboy Bebop, for being considered one of the best old school anime and for entertaining so many people, young and old alike, whether they grew up or grew old!

[sizept=2]P.S. Sucks Yu Yu Hakusho didn't win though. <_<[/sizept]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Escaflowne. Definitely. While I would've picked DBZ, I think it's a bit too obvious and wouldn't make the awards for this category that much exciting. Escaflowne is so memorable for me because I was starting to grow into my preteen period and was starting to watch more "mature" animes. As far as I remember, the only "mature animes" I watched in my childhood was Escaflowne and GW. It pretty much became some sort of door to my "teen" period. At least, that's how I'll describe it. Plus, the voice acting is absolutely top-notch.

EDIT: Just checked the English VA's for Escaflowne, and no wonder Van's VA was so good. The guy was FREAKIN' Goku!!!!

Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Yu Yu Hakusho, but I have a hard time considering shows like Bebop, Escaflowne and Evangelion 'old school'. Even Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ are pushing it, imho.

I can't really consider stuff from the 90's 'old school anime'. Now Dunbine, Fist of the North Star, and the like. That's old school.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I voted for DBZ.:) It's really an old school for me.:)
It was like an opening of the anime and manga world for me.:)

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
For old school anime, the choices aren't that old school for me, DBZ actually introduced me to anime/manga, heard it being talked/discussed about by friends while in high school, and I've never stopped watching/reading anime/manga since, hehe :D

(I wish I knew about anime/manga earlier, not knowing about anime/manga until mid-late teens, is depressing, sighs)

maybe, for old school, we could do year ranges: the 00's, 90's, the 80's and etc? for the different generation of peoples :D

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I voted for Yu Yu Hakusho. While DBZ got me into the world, Yu Yu Hakusho gave me quality and little fillers and better fights. I find YYH to be superior to Dragon Ball Z even though Z has entertained me a lot. I do find it a shame that Dragon Ball isn't considered since it's better than Dragon Ball Z as well... there were better fight scenes and better stories, and more humor. It was more balanced.

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pity this is anime- the u Yu Hakusho manga has to be one of the best things I have read- sadly, I found the anime pretty bad with lots of filler. :/

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Sooo, the vote is done, and we're down to the results! You've all nominated for your favorites and voted for the ones that made it ahead! We've had 62 members who have voted for the best old school anime! The one with the most vote has been considered the best old school anime, their favorite anime they used to watch when growing up! Do you to know which nomination is the winner? Well, read on ahead!

The winner is, Cowboy Bebop with the total votes of 19! That's 30.65% of the total votes! Congratulations, Cowboy Bebop, for being considered one of the best old school anime and for entertaining so many people, young and old alike, whether they grew up or grew old!

[sizept=2]P.S. Sucks Yu Yu Hakusho didn't win though. <_<[/sizept]