Best Opening (Animation-wise) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Opening (Animation-wise)

Best Opening (Animation-wise)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Best Opening - Animation Wise - Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Opening - Animation Wise - Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. GITS SAC - "Inner Universe"
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - "Again"
3. Soul Eater - "Resonance"
4. Macross Frontier - "Lion"
5. ef ~ a tale of melodies - "Ebullient Future"

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

Cooper

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Nominees in this category excel both animation and song wise.

kamakazi_1996

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
soul eater, i can pratically picture it in my mind

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Soul Eater's was very interesting, especially the way it wound through the city and like turned at all sorts of funny angles. The song was also great to boot.

But I went with Macross Frontier in the end as I thought the animation was slicker and I liked especially the parts where the galaxy was reflected in Ranka's eyes and basically all the parts with the mecha :p It was animated in a way that brought out the whole idea of Macross very well - the singing + the mecha battles.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
All of the nominees are great. "Again" synchronizes with the animation amazingly, and "Resonance" does well in that regard also. By today's standards, "Inner Universe" is really good but not amazing; however, I remember when I first saw that opening and was stunned by it. For the time at which it first came out, I think "Inner Universe" is what makes it a top contender.

At the end of the day, I am mostly torn between "Ebullient Future" and "Lion." I would vote for "Lion" for the reasons saladesu mentions above. "Ebullient Future" doesn't have impressive visual graphics, but the originality of the animation with all of the texts and things is so original and conceptually impressive.

I hate having to choose in a category like this, but if I were to decide what is most important about the animation, I suppose it would be the visual graphics and "Lion" is most impressive at that particular aspect. Thus, I vote for "Lion."

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dayum, I was really hoping "Durarara!!" 1st opening would be on there. XD

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Opening - Animation Wise - Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Opening - Animation Wise - Category.

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. GITS SAC - "Inner Universe"
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - "Again"
3. Soul Eater - "Resonance"
4. Macross Frontier - "Lion"
5. ef ~ a tale of melodies - "Ebullient Future"

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]: