Best Quote | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Quote

What's The Best Quote?

• Zoro: "Nothing!! Nothing at all...!!!"

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Zoro: "Have you ever met a beast that you could be sure would never bite."

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Zoro: "But I get the feeling..."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro: “In case we become candles, I want to have a nice pose.”

• Zoro: "I'm soory. I never pray to god."

• Usopp: "Crokroaches might be scary but..."

• Usopp: "Even if there are billows of smoke, we can still see the sky..."

• Sanji: “Listen carefully Usopp. For Nami's sake you can be sacrificed if necessary.”

• Sanji: "A man forgives a woman's lies."

• Brook: "No matter how deep the night, it always turns to day, eventually."

• Robin: "Luffy.. will I be able to grow stronger..."

• Robin: "Fools who don't respect the past are doomed to repeat it."

• Luffy: "I love heroes, but I don't want to be one...."

• Luffy: "Of course I don't know how to fight with a sword..."

• Shanks: "Listen Luffy, you grow up and become a man by..."

• Whitebeard: "One Piece does exist!"

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Coby: "Let's stop this already! No more fighting! Let's end this!..."

• Corazon: "D's are... the sworn enemies of the gods."

• Gol D. Roger: "Here are the things that humans cannot stop..."

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Jinbe: "Don't just count everything what you lost..."

• Blackbeard: "I am truly the... STRONGEST!"

• Blackbeard: "A man's dream will never die!"

• Doflamingo: "Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous?..."

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Hiluluk: "When do you think people die?"

• Sabo: "The royalty and nobles are behind the fire..."

• Shanks: "You can spill drinks on me, even spit on me..."

• Trafalgar Law: "It's been two years since the War of the Best..."

• Vivi: "Everyone! I'm here to say goodbye..."

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Best Quote

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
My nominations:

All by Roronoa Zoro

"Nothing!! Nothing at all...!!!"

"Have you ever met a beast that you could be sure would never bite"

"But I get the feeling... that if I were to take even one step back right now, I'd lose something very important to me"

There are a ton of great speeches out there, I just listed 3 from my favourite character. "If I die here, then I'm a man who was only meant to come this far" also another great one from Roronoa, but 3 noms is all I have.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
God dayum, nice quotes @Brandish
I'll go with these:

1) Zoronoa Zoro
“In case we become candles, I want to have a nice pose”

2) Usopp
"Crokroaches might be scary but... The one who's most scary is... ME !!
*UUUHHAAAAARGGHHHHHHHH*
USOOOOOOOOOOPP... HAMMER !!!"

3) Sanji
“Listen carefully Usopp. For Nami's sake you can be sacrificed if necessary.”

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Hey!, sounds fun.

1) Marshall D. Teach: "A man's dream will never die!"

2) 'God' Usopp: "Even if there are billows of smoke, we can still see the sky... We can still see the ocean!!! It ain't like it's Hell here!!! Don't act like you're about to die!!!"

3) Coby: "Let's stop this already! No more fighting! Let's end this! This is a waste of lives!!! We've already completed our goal, chasing after pirates who have no will to fight, desiring for war that could be prevented, abandoning marines that could be saved if tended to! and just piling more sacrifices on top of them! Every marine that falls from here on out... don't you think they'll look like Complete Idiots!!!?"

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
^Yes yes yes! All definitely worthy of nomination.

1. “Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!” - Doflamingo

2. "“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will give it to the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Luffy: "Of course I don't know how to fight with a sword! And I don't know anything about navigation! I can't cook. And I can't lie, either! I'm confident I wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't have others to help me!"
Arlong: *laughing* Aren't you quite honest about how useless you are? ... You call yourself a captain, yet you don't have an ounce of self-confidence!? Just what exactly can you do?"
Luffy: "*smiling* I can beat you!"

This may not be the most inspiring quote, the best worded or whatever... but this defined Monkey D. Luffy, and indeed the entire series of One Piece, for me when I saw it. There's been better moments since then, even moments saying this exact same thing with more power and impact, but they wouldn't have been if Oda hadn't set this tone so early in the story. It's the moment when Luffy really defined himself as a Captain.

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
When do you think people die?When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.
When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.
When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!
It's when... they are forgotten.
-Dr. Hiluluk

"I don't want to be a hero, a hero shares his meat, I want all the meat to myself"
- Monkey D. Luffy

Who is evil? Who is righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" -Donquixote Doflamingo

Damn,
Hardest choice i had to make all day:XD

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
That Hiluluk quote is great. Always puts me in mind of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors (Terry Pratchett): "No one is really dead until the ripples they cause on the world die away."
Nothing spectacularly original, but it was incredibly emotional and true to the moment and the way he went out with a bang (literally) that it's just amazing nonetheless.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
well it was realy hard to choose only 3 :pout , but thxs to all the previous awesome nominations that helped me to narrow my choice a little
, so nominate :

- Sabo's :
"The royalty and nobles are behind the fire... Believe me... This town smells worse than Gray Terminal. It smells like rotten people! If I stay here... I'll never be free! I'm... ashamed to be born a noble!"

- Shanks:
"You can spill drinks on me, even spit on me. I'll just laugh about it. But If you dare to hurt my friends... I won't forgive you!"

- Nico Robin :

" Fools who don't respect the past are doomed to repeat it." ( so true)

Honorable mention to

Monkey D dragon
: "There can be no happiness in a world where the undesirables are thrown away. "
Fujitora's :" Being blind has its advantages, becouse they're are many filthy things in the world I would rather not look at."
Smoker :" Don't ever think there's any perfect society made by humans!! If you think that way you'll overlook the enemy!! Don't be fooled by appearances !! "
Luffy's : "Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes, but I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat ! ":teehee
Luffy's : "Being alone is more painful than getting hurt."
Luffy's : "You want to keep everyone from dying? That's naive. It's war. People die."
Luffy's : "Power isn't determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams !"
Wait luffy has such awesome quotes !!! ♥

Support all previous quotes ! ♥

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sigh, another difficult one!!

Trafalgar Law's speech in Punk Hazard:

It’s been two years since the War of the Best. Did anyone actually accomplish anything? All you did was stay calm, All Whitebeard did was end the era. The Navy Headquarters rounded up new forces. The big-timers didn’t take any action! It was like everybody was just preparing for something, that was only a beginning. You always said that the new era is coming with an unstoppable swell. The “New Era” of the great ones will come!
I broke… the gears! Now there’s no turning back!!”

Nefertari Vivi's goodbye to the SH:

Brook:

No matter how deep the night, it always turns to day, eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
“I'm sorry. I never pray to god.”- Zoro (ch 245)

“Luffy...will I be able to grow stronger by seeing the world through your father's eyes? This is the first time I ever wanted to be stronger for someone else's sake.”- Robin (ch596)

"Listen Luffy, you grow up and become a man by experiencing victory and defeat, by doing difficult things and shedding tears. It's all right to cry, just overcome it!"- Shanks (ch 590)

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate

Shirohige
"One Piece does Exist!!!!!!!!!"

Kurohige
"I am truly the..... STRONGEST"

Cora-san
"D's are..... The sworn enemies of the gods"

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I agree most of all above

“Here are things that humans can not stop: A Human’s will, Dream, and the change of an era. As long as human long for freedom, he surely can’t stop these things.” (Gol D Roger) (100)

“A Man forgives a woman’s lies” (Sanji) (359)

and this

===================
honorable mention :

“Someday, surely… you’re gonna meet your nakama. The ocean is vast… Someday, surely!! your nakama will appear to protect you!!! Once you born into this world, you never gonna be alone !!!” (Jaguar D Saulo) (397)

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm voting for Zoro's "Have you ever met a beast that you could be sure would never bite?"
That was badass :hip

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Going with the first one because it's everything Zoro is about :zomg

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Roger definitely!
That phrase can be put to work in any society. The entire mankind seeks freedom and those are features of its surroundings and surely happening to those trying to catch it.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blackbeard's "A Man's Dream Will Never Die" pretty much embodies the series and is the perfect quote for it.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Possibly the toughest category to vote in. I've narrowed it down to Doflamingo's speech, Blackbeard's quote (eefrit's choice in the post above) and Hiluluk's quote.

Like eefrit said, that Blackbeard quote could've pretty much been a subtitle for One Piece.
"One Piece: A Man's Dream Will Never Die"
Fits the series perfectly.

On the other hand, Doflamingo's speech is powerful. It's also so damn true and telling about the One Piece world. The Marines/World Government are justice because they have the power to make the world believe so. Even so, even in the M/WG there isn't one definition of justice. A marine and a pirate could have the same sense of justice, but the Pirates will still be seen as evil by the public because that's what's established. Until the Straw Hats come along and prove that Pirates can be the best kind of people, of course. It happens.

Hiluluk's quote is just great. And of course, it is all about context with this one. His death is one of the best in the series, and it's much thanks to his character and, indeed, this little speech.

In the end, it's Doflamingo for me. I didn't much like his fight with Luffy and didn't think the Dressrosa arc was as incredible as some do, but the man is a great villain and a great character. One who sees the world exactly for what it is, knows he is evil but also knows that what is considered "good" in this world is just as evil as he is. This is one of the best aspects of One Piece, and so wonderfully worded here.