Voting - Best Quote | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Quote

Which one is the Best Quote?

• Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 177

• Renji Yomo, TG chapter 130

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
This thread is for choosing the Best Quote of Tokyo Ghoul.

This one speaks for itself. Get it? Speaks for itself? ...Because it's about quotes? ...No?

...Well. Thankfully Ishida fared better than me in this regard, so what are the best lines, narrations, or dialogues from the series that were etched in your memory?

Final Round

Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 177If, let's say, you were to write a story with me as the main character, it would certainly be a tragedy. No. Everyone's the same, in fact. He's the main character of his novel, and she's the main character of her movie. All those that walk this earth are the main characters of their own tragedies. All steal, and from all, something is stolen. We can't help it. That's who we are. Steal, and be stolen. Imprison, and be imprisoned. Follow, and be followed. Do, and be done. Affirm and negate over and over. We fight ceaselessly to save ourselves from loss. And yet the people and places we love will one day surely be lost. We will all surely be forgotten. Life is sad. Empty. But, despite knowing we will one day be bereft, despite knowing we will one day disappear, we still strive in wretched ways. We still wish to be beautiful. And I consider. "Which one?" I choose. "This one". Forever choosing, forever being chosen. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Renji Yomo, TG chapter 130All we can do is live while losing things.

For discussion regarding other categories, please use the respective threads. For general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Info & Discussion Thread.

Final Round
  • The successful semifinalists go head to head to decide the winner.
  • You are allowed one vote.
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open.
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock.

3 - "If, let's say, you were to write a story with me as the main character, it would certainly be a tragedy. No. Everyone's the same, in fact. He's the main character of his novel, and she's the main character of her movie. All those that walk this earth are the main characters of their own tragedies. All steal, and from all, something is stolen. We can't help it. That's who we are. Steal, and be stolen. Imprison, and be imprisoned. Follow, and be followed. Do, and be done. Affirm and negate over and over. We fight ceaselessly to save ourselves from loss. And yet the people and places we love will one day surely be lost. We will all surely be forgotten. Life is sad. Empty. But, despite knowing we will one day be bereft, despite knowing we will one day disappear, we still strive in wretched ways. We still wish to be beautiful. And I consider. "Which one?" I choose. "This one". Forever choosing, forever being chosen. Nothing more. Nothing less."
- Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 177​

1 - "The world isn't wrong. It just is."
- Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 176​

1 - "Every disadvantage in the world is caused by one's own lack of ability."
- Yamori, TG chapter 61​

1 - "All we can do is live while losing things."
- Renji Yomo, TG chapter 130​

1 - "Acts of taking are equally evil. We, from the moment of birth, continue to take. Food, people that got involved with us, even our own flesh and blood. For as long as we live, we will continue to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself. I am aware, I am evil... and so are you all. Now, come kill me. And I shall do the same!"
- Kuzen Yoshimura, TG chapter 126​

1 - "Whose fault is it that things ended up this way? Coincidence? An accident? Fate? There's no such thing as fate. It's simply a combination of one circumstance and the next. And who is it that creates those circumstances? Who is it? It's you."
- Rize Kamishiro, TG anime episode 12​

1 - "Just like you said, I didn't care about anyone else. I didn't care about the what or the why. If I just kept on fighting, I thought that someone would want me."
- Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 159

1 - "We're always trying to justify our actions with ideals. But ideals cannot give grounds for killing another person. The act of taking a life will always be considered... evil."
- Kuzen Yoshimura, TG chapter 78

1 - "I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."
- Ken Kaneki, TG chapter 1

1 - "What the hell do you know?! It's all because I can't eat, because I could be a target at any time, all because I'm a ghoul! No matter how much I try, there's a wall I can never jump over, and there's happiness that I can never have. But I'm still hanging on to life. Despite it all."
- Touka Kirishima, TG Days, chapter 2

1 - "[...] We need to have a mask that we never take off."
- Uta, TG anime episode 3
1 - "What's wrong isn't me. What's wrong... is this world."
- Ken Kaneki, TG anime episode 12

1 - "Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn't mean they're bad people. It means they're human."
- Kishou Arima, from... somewhere... probably
Group A:
4 - Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 177
2 - Rize Kamishiro, TG anime episode 12
1 - Yamori, TG chapter 61

Group B:
4 - Renji Yomo, TG chapter 130
3 - Kuzen Yoshimura, TG chapter 126
1 - Ken Kaneki, TG:re chapter 176

The final voting round ends on August 6th, 2018.

Also, please explain the reasons behind your votes - we look forward to your choices. Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

Last edited:

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Please register to see the content of this post.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Status
Not open for further replies.