Best Quote | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Quote

Best Quote...? (read OP for full quotes)

• Gol D. Roger1

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Whitebeard

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Sir Crocodile

• Robin

• Zoro/Mihawk

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Whitebeards Requiem

• Bon Clay

• Luffy1

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Luffy2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Zoro1

• Jabura/Sanji

• Luffy3

• Zoro2

• Dr. Hiluluk1

• Blackbeard

• Willy Karen

• Gol D.Roger2

• Luffy4

• Dr. Hiluluk2

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the results of
Best Quote

3rd place tied with 4 votes each: Whitebeard, Robin and Whitebeards Requiem

2nd place with 9 votes: Donquixote Doflamingo

1st place with 9+1 votes: Dr. Hiluluk*

Dr. Hiluluk said:
WHEN do you think a man dies?
When his heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol?
No.
When he succumbs to an incurable disease?
No.
When he drinks soup made with a poisonous mushroom? NO!!!
He dies ...when others have forgotten him!! Even though I will soon be gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured!
As long as something is there... to be "passed on"...
A monster will be here soon. He is my son. Do not harm him. (Don't worry, Chopper. Your mushroom... won't kill me.) I'll be damned!! IT WAS ONE HELL OF A LIFE!!!
6. tied with 3 votes each
Gol D. Roger 1
Sir Crocodile
Bon Clay
Jabura/Sanji
Zoro 2
11. tied with 2 votes each
Luffy 1
Zoro 1
Luffy 3
Willy Karen
Gol D. Roger 2
16. tied with 1 vote each
Zoro/Mihawk
Blackbeard
Luffy 4
19. Luffy 2 with 0 votes

* sry for the confusion that arose here, but it was not possible to merge the options after the voting started, so that's done now.

1) "Want my ultimate treasures? It's possible... I will give them to those who can find them. I have gathered everything in this world and already hidden them in "that" place. - Gol D. Roger.

2) "Just as there are those who have inherited Roger's will, Ace's will too will somebody be inherited by others. You may eradicate his bloodline, but their flame will never die. For many ages they have been passed down through the generations without fail!!..And one day, bearing the weight of all those centuries upon his back,a man will come forth to challenge the world!!...Sengoku, you people of the World Government are living in fear.. of that great battle that will someday engulf the entire world!!!. Though it has nothing to do with me, but whenever someone finds that treasure.. The world will be turned upside down!!.. Oh ys, it will be found. That day will come, without a doubt..ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE!!" - Whitebeard

3) "Dogs that run away to lick their wounds have no right to speak of justice! That is a rule of this sea. Now, why don't you go back to your Marine headquarters and discuss your justice some more?!" - Sir Crocodile

4) "I WANT TO LIVE ! Take me out to the sea with you !" - Robin

5) Zoro: "A wound in the back is a dishonour for a swordsman."
Mihawk: "Splendid."

6) "Even in death, even with half of his head blown clean away, his body refuses to yield. // His mighty figure, cutting swathes through his foes, was truly monstrous. // Over the course of his battles, he received a full two hundred and sixty-seven blade wounds... / The bullets he endured total one hundred and fifty-two... // And the cannonballs he has withstood amount to four tens and six. And yet... // Upon the proud back of this legendary man... / Or indeed, upon his very life as a pirate... // He bears not a single wound of cowardice!!!" - The words that were anounced after Whitebeard died.

7) Bon Clay: One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a HUMAN! All friends must scatter into the sky of truth, and blossom!, OKAMA WAY! - by Bon Clay. Scatter upon the water's surface and grow where you may, my fellow blossoms.

8) "Kaizoku Oni, ore wa naru !!!" - Luffy

9) "Destroy Fishman Island? Are you stupid?! Who would destroy a country over candy?! We just saved this island, damnit!!! - Luffy upon learning Big Mom would destroy Fishman Island if they could not give her candy.

10) "Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" -Donquixote Doflamingo

11) Zoro saying he is "Fine" after taking all of Luffy's pain

12) Jabura : "Who the hell are you...!!?"
Sanji : "The Hunter."

13) Luffy: RAYLEIGH!!! I'M GONNA BE THE MAN WHO'S THE KING OF PIRATES!!!

14) "From now on... I won't lose to anyone ever again!! Unitl I can defeat that man and become an invincible swordsman! I won't lose again! Forever!" I would have to go with Zoro's promise to Luffy after losing the fight against Mihawk.

15) "I won't die against anything you do to me, I will die when people forget about me" - Dr. Hiluluk
see #20

16) "A Man's Dream Will Never Die!!!" - Blackbeard

17) "Everything that humans can imagine ... Is a possibility in reality." Physicist Willy Karen

18) "Inherited will. A man's dream. The flow of time. As long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom, this things will never cease to be!" - Gol D. Roger

19) "Nami! Omae wa...ore no nakama da!" (Nami! You are MY nakama!) - Monkey D. Luffy

20) "WHEN do you think a man dies?
When his heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol?
No.
When he succumbs to an incurable disease?
No.
When he drinks soup made with a poisonous mushroom? NO!!!
He dies ...when others have forgotten him!! Even though I will soon be gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured!
As long as something is there... to be "passed on"...
A monster will be here soon. He is my son. Do not harm him. (Don't worry, Chopper. Your mushroom... won't kill me.) I'll be damned!! IT WAS ONE HELL OF A LIFE!!!" - Dr. Hiluluk

Last edited by a moderator:

rymy0630

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The best quote in the entire manga is as follows, "Want my ultimate treasures? It's possible... I will give them to those who can find them. I have gathered everything in this world and already hidden them in "that" place. - Gol D. Roger.

It's the best quote because if those words hadn't been said, this manga wouldn't have been anywhere near as great as it is right now.

Last edited:

Freid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whitebeard: "Just as there are those who have inherited Roger's will, Ace's will too will somebody be inherited by others. You may eradicate his bloodline, but their flame will never die. For many ages they have been passed down through the generations without fail!!..And one day, bearing the weight of all those centuries upon his back,a man will come forth to challenge the world!!...Sengoku, you people of the World Government are living in fear.. of that great battle that will someday engulf the entire world!!!. Though it has nothing to do with me, but whenever someone finds that treasure.. The world will be turned upside down!!.. Oh ys, it will be found. That day will come, without a doubt..ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE!!"

:shakefist

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Tashigi, who just lost to a outlaw Nico Robin and unable to carry her duties as a marine lies in front of Crocodile, who then slams her even deeper in ground with his harshfull yet true statement. These words simply reflects the truth. If you are not strong enough, you have no right to speak of justice. The strong claim justice.

Dogs that run away to lick their wounds have no right to speak of justice! That is a rule of this sea. Now, why don't you go back to your Marine headquarters and discuss your justice some more?!

PS: I hope someone nominates Noland's "why you are afraid" or Dr. Hilruk's "last dying words" or Flamingos "battlefield is neutral" quote. This manga has a lot of excellent quotes. I will have to create some MH accounts just to nominate them xD

Last edited:

Shrimp

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
From Robin : "I WANT TO LIVE ! Take me out to the sea with you !"

Especially the voice acting in the anime. That line was one of the defining moment in the series for me.

Oni_James

Reaction score
Country
Catalonia
From Zoro vs Mihawk:
Having lost against Mihawk, Zoro turns around and smiles at Mihawk with his remaining sword on the left hand:
Zoro: "A wound in the back is a dishonour for a swordsman."
Then Mihawk returns him the smile and proceeds to cut him.
Mihawk: "Splendid."
It's the same scene, so i supose it's only one quote but Mihawk's line is kinda short and taken out of context doesn't mean anything... it's just Mihawk's reaction kinda envolves the all meaning of Zoro's sentence.
Best Zoro scene ever.:)

Last edited:

Gotenkss

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Bon Clay: One may stray from the path of a man, one may stray from the path of a woman, but there is no straying from the path of a HUMAN! All friends must scatter into the sky of truth, and blossom!, OKAMA WAY! - by Bon Clay. Scatter upon the water's surface and grow where you may, my fellow blossoms.

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
One Piece and it's quotes. Damn this category, probably the hardest that's in these awards.

I'd like to go for Hiruluk's dying words or Flamingo's speech about the battlefield. But all in all. Gol D. Roger is what made this happen.
His dying words, his legacy, that's what made One Piece. Therefore, I go for one of the obvious quotes there is.

Gol D. Roger's dying words.

Want my ultimate treasures? It's possible... I will give them to those who can find them. I have gathered everything in this world and already hidden them in "that" place.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
"Kaizoku Oni, ore wa naru !!!" ... enough said

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
"Destroy Fishman Island? Are you stupid?! Who would destroy a country over candy?! We just saved this island, damnit!!! - Luffy upon learning Big Mom would destroy Fishman Island if they could not give her candy.

Oni Giri

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" -Donquixote Doflamingo

though i hate the guy this words are truly epic

Blanka

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro saying he is "Fine" after taking all of Luffy's pain

wasu311

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
From Robin : "I WANT TO LIVE ! Take me out to the sea with you !"

Especially the voice acting in the anime. That line was one of the defining moment in the series for me.
I like this too. 1 vote.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Last edited:

hoeru

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Luffy: RAYLEIGH!!! I'M GONNA BE THE MAN WHO'S THE KING OF PIRATES!!! - the moment I felt One Piece was back for real.

Naruffy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate :
*After Jabura's speech about sheep and wolf, Sanji appeared and kick him in the face*
Jabura : "Who the hell are you...!!?"
Sanji : "The Hunter."

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2520-18/one-piece/chapter-413.html

2nd best, just a bonus :
*After his first use of Diable Jambe*
Sanji : "God creates food...And the Devil creates the seasoning...Though I might have...spiced him up a little too much."
http://www.mangareader.net/103-2523-2/one-piece/chapter-416.html
I'll support this.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
"Even in the depths of hell blooms a beautiful flower of friendship...
Leaving its petals as mementos...
May it bloom once more...
THE OKAMA WAY!"​

BigBadDogg

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I would have to go with Zoro's promise to Luffy after losing the fight against Mihawk.

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kaizoku Oni Ore Wa Naru!

Sounds like a broken record, I know. But whenever Luffy says it, especially whenever he confidently declares it to all-mighty people (Shanks, Whitebeard, Rayleigh), dang it, I got chills all over.

Last edited: