Best Ruler / King | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Ruler / King

Who's The Best Ruler / King?

• Gold D. Roger

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boa Hancock

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Crocodile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cobra Nefeltari

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Doflamingo

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Whitebeard

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Dragon

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Otohime

• Ener

• Dalton

• King Neptune

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Best Ruler / King
(of a country, kingdom or nation)

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll nominate...

Gol D Roger - for being the Pirate King, inspiring a whole generation, and having a great mo.

Boa Hancock - such beauty, and I enjoy her character. She protects her people (albeit extremely), and has loyalty from them.

Crocodile - He might have been a real bad guy (like Doffy) but I just enjoyed it a lot more. He was like a smooth, cool gangster.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
For now i'll only nominate

1) Cobra Nefeltari
His country was victim of Civil Wars, and overal victim of Baroque Works / Crocodile. So during the main story line he was being criticized a fair bit by his people. However i think it's safe to say that he's a darn good ruler.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Nominate : Monkey D luffy and Monkey d Dragon & Otohime
Luffy because he has this special power Mihawk spoke about that makes people want to follow him ( see strawhat fleet etc.) and Dragon as the leader of revolutionary army.
Otohime for all she did for promoting peace between humans & fishmen.

Special mention to Sengoku as Marine fleet admiral.

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Dalton is a good king for Sakura Kingdom; having to work so hard to erase the pain caused by Wapol and he is loved by his people; we always see him on cover pages among the crowds, helping and interacting with them.

Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King. For people to set out on journeys, risking their lives to follow your word and path; the impact he has had on the world is beyond surreal.

My second nomination is King Neptune, a great sign for a ruler in One Piece is always to see how they interact with their citizens. They speak highly of him, he had the friendship of some amazing people, namely Whitebeard and can hold his own in fights, mind you his back isn't what it used to be. Neptune was also supportive of his wife's work and loved his children, though overprotective of Shirahoshi but for good reasons.

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Doflamingo. Crazy & smart one. Although he's villain, but I think he's more better leader than King Riku.

Dalton. I agree with goldb above

Cobra. here is my reason

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm voting for Cobra.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Voting for DD for now because that man had everything perfectly under his control, and he knew exactly what he was doing on and off Dressrosa.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Only one vote? Well I have to vote Gol. D Roger then.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Oh damn, just now i came to think about good leaders and Gan Fall and Riku Dold III are great in the job.

My vote goes for Flamingo. He cared for the well-being of his citizens to a new degree.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The hell is Dragon here?

Anyway, I voted for Cobra because GI Joe's Corba call got stuck in my head.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gan Fall would have been a good nomination. Damn.

I voted Cobra as well. One of the true "good" kings we've seen in the series so far. You could also argue that Vivi (who I almost nominated for this category but didn't because Cobra already was), who is a true princess of the people, is so as a direct result of Cobra's ruling qualities.
If that makes sense.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
My vote will go to GOL D ROGER here. Actually , he and WB are similarly deserving.

• This man started the whole GREAT PIRATE ERA and also his wordings sent countless people to the seas ....the one who truly did not fear the consequences of the GRAND line, and wanted only freedom , nothing much.

• He had little time left, he gave himself in and his last words started the gushing of an era which was abt to turn the history and world upside down .Never before was such a thing seen.

• He gave them dreams..U can have my treasure, the one only he possessed ........He was the man who had everything FAME, POWER and WEALTH yet he lived a life of a simple man and the title he received after reaching RAFTEL and conquering GRAND LINE....To this day, no one has been able to get it..

• WB was the one who could have got it but he did not desire it..The title itself..many tried and lost hope and many are still trying...Still, no one has achieved it,..His title of PK is greater than any other kingdom's king or such ..The title itself is LEGENDARY and the man who received and brought title into existence itself was also a LEGEND itself . His feats and his death and the things he accomplished makes him truly an awesome ruler and king.

ROGER's saying :- " Inherited will, The Destiny of the age , The dreams of its people ....As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of FREEDOM , These Things will never stop"