Best Seinen | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Seinen

The Best Seinen is...?

• Vinland Saga

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • 20th Century Boys

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Vagabond

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Monster

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Blade of the Immortal

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Freezing

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonlink310

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll vote for Freezing because I like fanservice and strong women in manga. :)

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I voted for 20th Century Boys but almost all finalists would be great winners with the exception of Freezing which shouldn't be among the nominations.

Freezing is a manga with good but not outstanding graphics with a "ecchi"/"fan service" theme ... If we're going that road, just why not nominate directly "Slut Girl" from Isutoshi ?

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Indeed, why is Freezing even among these other names? Nothing against it, but really in this company...

I vote for Monster. 20th Century Boys ain't far behind, but Monster is and will probaply be my favorite manga for ever. How the story was built. Just almost perfect.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Freezing looks ridiculous among those masterpieces.

I'm ashamed to say that I have yet to read Monster(Let the flaming begin),so I'll go with Blade of the Immortal.20th Century Boys is one of my favourite series ever,Vagabond and Vinland Saga are great as well,but Blade of the Immortal is shining so much more brightly than those manga.The art alone speaks volumes.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wish Billy Bat gets the recognition as other Urasawa works, I mean thew Billy Bat thread in the seinen section is dead, I feel like I am talking to myself, Urasawa fans get over there now! D:

Anyway, I voted for Monster, loved the protagonist and antagonist, the story, the masterful flow and everything.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I wish Billy Bat gets the recognition as other Urasawa works, I mean thew Billy Bat thread in the seinen section is dead, I feel like I am talking to myself, Urasawa fans get over there now! D:

Anyway, I voted for Monster, loved the protagonist and antagonist, the story, the masterful flow and everything.
I don't like to read Urasawa work when I have to wait for the next chapter. The main quality is the scenario on his work & if I have to wait several weeks between each chapter, I would understand almost nothing to the scenario.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't like to read Urasawa work when I have to wait for the next chapter. The main quality is the scenario on his work & if I have to wait several weeks between each chapter, I would understand almost nothing to the scenario.
It is supposed to be bi-weekly I think, but the scans and raws are a bit off with each other, not to mention the releases, so yeah I can understand why that might throw off. D:

Also I just re read arcs and stuff all the time so I keep up and know what is going on all the time. xD

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I have just started Billy Bat, and already at chapter 8 you start to say : You're damn Urasawa, what other crazy story are you writing !!

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have only have read Monster and Vinland Saga ... and though i found Monster a good work, the end was not my cup of tea. Too subjective.
So i am going to vote for Vinland Saga. A manga, that i already follow for quite some time, and that managed to continue being interesting even though it's monthly. It's really difficult for me to keep interested in a monthly manga ... but Vinland Saga is really good, and definitely a must read if you appreciate Seinen.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I voted Blade of the Immortal, one of my all time favorite manga. One of the few manga that can be placed in a literary genre (modernism) rather than just a manga genre.

bluclaudino

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I voted Vinland Saga, the greatest manga i've ever read, not more, nor less. Thorkell: best Mad character of ever. Askeladd: best calculator character of ever. Makoto Yukimura: a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.