Final - Best Shoujo/Josei Manga of 2017 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Best Shoujo/Josei Manga of 2017

Best Shoujo/Josei Manga of 2017

• Akatsuki no Yona

• Natsume Yuujinchou

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Final Round rules
  • You can vote for one (1) nominee
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • This round will last for 5 days (ends on April 19th, 2018)

Akatsuki no Yona 13 vote(s)
Natsume Yuujinchou 9 vote(s)
Skip Beat 6 vote(s)
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 6 vote(s)
Akagami no Shirayukihime 5 vote(s)
Chihayafuru 5 vote(s)

Akatsuki no Yona (6)
Skip Beat! (4)
Akagami no Shirayukihime (3)
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (2)
Natsume Yuujinchou (2)
Chihayafuru (1)

---------------------------------------
Karneval (1)
Machida-kun no Sekai (1)
Queen's Quality (1)
Fushigi Yugi: Byakko Senki! (1)

Semifinal Round rules
  • You can vote for two (2) nominees
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • This round will last for 5 days (ends on April 12th, 2018)

Only Manga and elements of Manga that were published in 2017 are eligible.
The nomination round will end Wednesday, April 4th, 2018. Please choose up to 3 options.
Nomination Rules
  • You are allowed up to three nominations.
  • Please clearly state the Manga you are nominating as well as any further specifics (e.g. characters) if required.
  • Please bold all your nominations.
  • The six entries with the most nominations per entry will proceed to the next round.
  • If there will be more than 6 in this pool, the staff will break the ties that might occur.
  • Please refer to Myanimelist to see if a potential nominee is eligible

If you want to change your nominations, please quote your original nomination post and clearly state which nominations you want to change along with your new nominations.

Post questions and comments to the 2018 Manga Awards Info Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Natsume Yuujinchou and Akagami no Shirayukihime for me :blush

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Wotaku and Skip Beat!

Yona had a down year imo, and I've put Akagami on hold as I'd like to read the Bergatt/Wilant castle part in one go. Haven't read the other 2 but would really like to try Chihayafuru (will watch the Natsume anime this year). Machida-kun no Sekai was the best one for the year of all the nominees imho : )

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
~Skip Beat~

You’ll have to become a bigger star then me to hurt me,” mocks the rising pop star
as security carries his hurt girlfriend away. Quiet and demure Kyoka had always been there for Sho, since they were little kids. When he had moved to Tokyo to become famous, she had went with him, not even going to high school, to become basically his maid. Then she learned he never really cared for her. Now Kyoka swears revenge at Sho, starting her journey into fame by first changing her clothes, cutting and coloring her hair, and getting a job at his rival entertainment agency. Thus the story is her journey through showbiz, but will she loose herself in the process?:wub The story was also made into a k-drama (but the anime is better). Vote Skip Beat :blush:handgun

Akagami no Shirayukihime

Shirayuki (Snow White) wants to be a medicine woman but her red hair is sought after for its rare color to the extent that the prince of her country proposes for her to become he concubine and chases her. She cuts her hair and runs away, meeting Prince Zen and his crew. When Zen is poisoned, Shirayuki successfully makes him an antidote and is invited to accompany him and his aids on adventures. The two fall in love as Shirayuki attends school to become a doctor and they began collecting a growing band of misfits. The story may or may not be a retelling of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs :derp This story is surprisingly refreshing with plenty of action and story but not a lot of drama (uncommon for this genre -_-; but a welcome change :hmph)

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chihayafuru is good, so that has my vote :nod Not really a big fan of the artstyle, but otherwise it has a likeable cast and a good story, really looking forward to the third season :zomg (never thought we would actually get that xD)
Haven't read any of the others, so it wouldn't feel right to give one of them my vote. Reminds me that I wanted to give Akatsuki a try... :XD

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chihayafuru is good, so that has my vote :nod Not really a big fan of the artstyle, but otherwise it has a likeable cast and a good story, really looking forward to the third season :zomg (never thought we would actually get that xD)
Haven't read any of the others, so it wouldn't feel right to give one of them my vote. Reminds me that I wanted to give Akatsuki a try... :XD
Actually, i dont know the manga, but only the anime (more specifically 1st season need yet to finish the anime) came across it recently (huge thxs to @Emperor Spriggan who recommended it to me :zomg) and enjoy it a lot, im glad to have learnt about Karuta, never heard about it before.

Dont know how faithful it is to the manga but its Madhouse so im pretty confident i would enjoy the manga too. Im glad you're enjoying too, nii-kun, i didnt expect anyone except Spri-kun maybe, to vote for it so im actually pretty surprised.

Yeah agree about art, the shojo-like chara design is not exactly my fave too

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Actually, i dont know the manga, but only the anime (more specifically 1st season need yet to finish the anime) came across it recently (huge thxs to @Emperor Spriggan who recommended it to me :zomg) and enjoy it a lot, im glad to have learnt about Karuta, never heard about it before.

Dont know how faithful it is to the manga but its Madhouse so im pretty confident i would enjoy the manga too. Im glad you're enjoying too, nii-kun, i didnt expect anyone except Spri-kun maybe, to vote for it so im actually pretty surprised.

Yeah agree about art, the shojo-like chara design is not exactly my fave too
:wtf:wtf
Thank you so much Erin :zomg I'm so glad you picked it up, to me Chihayafuru is my favorite sports anime. I even like it more than Kuroko no Basuke and Hiakyuu, and I'm really happy it's made it to the semis of this round.
Season 3 being announced was also something I didn't expect, but it also made my day :blush
I also didn't know anything about Karuta until I watched Chihayafuru, but now I'm interested in the sport a lot, also :pleased

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
ANY

Natsuume is good too but i will go with ANY.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yona is really good from what I hear, but Natsume Yuujinchou is the best Shojo for me. It tried a lot of different things from the usual stuff from Shojo, does it really well and develops its characters beautifully. You feel immersed within their respective stories and at the end, makes you feel a lot from it.

It gets my vote :blush

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
:wtf:wtf
Thank you so much Erin :zomg I'm so glad you picked it up, to me Chihayafuru is my favorite sports anime. I even like it more than Kuroko no Basuke and Hiakyuu, and I'm really happy it's made it to the semis of this round.
Season 3 being announced was also something I didn't expect, but it also made my day :blush
I also didn't know anything about Karuta until I watched Chihayafuru, but now I'm interested in the sport a lot, also :pleased

Spriggan-kun, I kept delaying the season 2 watching as i was afraid to be disappointed, foolish me :facepalm! Ive just binge-watched it and found it even better than the 1st season, this is truly so good, ♥ looking forward next season, indeed as you told me its as good as HQ, im a lot interested in Karuta now.

too bad neither Chihaya nor Wotaku made it, but big thx @niichan for supporting Chihaya
& huge thxs to everyone who gave them a chance and voted for them. :zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.