Best Shoujo Manga | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Shoujo Manga

Best Shoujo Manga

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Lovely Complex

Vampire Knight

Fruits Basket

Kimi ni Todoke

Ouran High School Host Club

All the nominees are wonderful in their own way and they all have become favorite series of many girls and boys as was shown in the results of the voting process; however there was only one series that had all the necessary shoujo elements to captivate the hearts of most of the manga fans here on MH and that series is…

Fruits Basket

Congratulations to Furuba on winning this award category!! :confetti Natsuki Takaya-sensei did a stupendous job creating a story that truly touches the heart of the person who reads it. And that’s why it is no wonder as to why Fruits Basket is one of the top manga series in both Japan and in the US. More than 18 million copies have been sold in Japan making it the second best selling shōjo manga series in Japan. It is also no wonder why it received the 2001 Kodansha Manga Award in the shōjo manga category and the "Best Manga" award at the 2007 American Anime Awards. And it is also no wonder why the MH STARs (Manga Editors, translators, artists & reviewers) chose Furuba as the winner as well. :)

Now even though the MH moderators recognize the awesomeness of Furuba, they think Vampire Knight and Ouran High School Host Club should be the winners for this category. ^_^

Thank you to all the members who participated by voting for their favorite series and for helping us choose the best shoujo for this award category!

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Vampire Knight

as it's the only one I know, lol.

It took awhile to build up the suspense and intrigue, and then it seemed really interesting. However, that super epicness, uber battle/action, and conclusion that I was expecting to happen never really did, so I was really disappointed in it. Vampire Knight could have been quite cool/good, if it had more of an epic "shounen" ending and action/battle scenes.

So, it's decent, but it could have been a lot better, they messed up its ending/conclusion and needed epic-"shounen" battle scenes too, imo.

Still it gets my vote, as it's the only one I know, lol.

Last edited:

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lovely complex.

Seriously, people who haven't give this series a go should really really do.
I know it's a little bit late to be saying this for the nominations but LC have one of the best couple in the animanga world. It is also short but sweet.
The emotions that can be felt when reading/watching it can't be easily described(I felt a lot of emotions),
you'll just love the characters, alot. Unfortunately, it is unnoticed most of the time.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
For this award category, it has been extremely hard for me to choose just one manga to vote for since I’m a fan of four of the nominees: I like LoveCom, Furuba, Kimi ni Todoke and Ouran. After giving it a lot of thought, I reduced the list from four to two: Lovely Complex and Ouran High School Host Club. I was seriously considering not voting in this category since I couldn’t make up my mind, but in the end I decided to vote for Ouran High School Host Club. Even though I finished watching LoveCom (the anime) and I did read most of the manga I never finished reading the whole thing; whereas I did finish reading Ouran High School Host Club. Another reason why I decided to vote for Ouran is because between LoveCom and Ouran the series that I would love for it to have a second season (of its anime) is Ouran. It doesn’t matter that I already know what is going to happen; I still want a second season Ouran so badly so I guess that speaks very loud and clear about how much I like Ouran. And last but definitely not least, I voted for Ouran because romance wasn’t the only focus of the series, Ouran focused a lot on friendship as well and that made the series all the more enjoyable for me.

Lovely Complex

Vampire Knight

Fruits Basket

Kimi ni Todoke

Ouran High School Host Club

All the nominees are wonderful in their own way and they all have become favorite series of many girls and boys as was shown in the results of the voting process; however there was only one series that had all the necessary shoujo elements to captivate the hearts of most of the manga fans here on MH and that series is…

Fruits Basket

Congratulations to Furuba on winning this award category!! :confetti Natsuki Takaya-sensei did a stupendous job creating a story that truly touches the heart of the person who reads it. And that’s why it is no wonder as to why Fruits Basket is one of the top manga series in both Japan and in the US. More than 18 million copies have been sold in Japan making it the second best selling shōjo manga series in Japan. It is also no wonder why it received the 2001 Kodansha Manga Award in the shōjo manga category and the "Best Manga" award at the 2007 American Anime Awards. And it is also no wonder why the MH STARs (Manga Editors, translators, artists & reviewers) chose Furuba as the winner as well. :)

Now even though the MH moderators recognize the awesomeness of Furuba, they think Vampire Knight and Ouran High School Host Club should be the winners for this category. ^_^

Thank you to all the members who participated by voting for their favorite series and for helping us choose the best shoujo for this award category!

Last edited: