Voting - Best Slice of Life/Romance/Drama Series | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Slice of Life/Romance/Drama Series

Best Slice of Life/Romance/Drama Series (Select up to 3)

• Annarasumanara

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • By Chance,we...and...

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Diamond Dust

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Girls of Wild's

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Green Boy

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Melo Holic

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Orange Marmalade

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Slice of Life/Romance/Drama Series

This category is to decide the best Slice of Life, Romance, and/or Drama series in Manhwa. What series moved you with their characters everyday lives? What romance pulled at your heart strings? What drama kept you reading late into the night? Let us all know which ones you love and what about them makes you feel that way here.

Current NominationsGirls of Wild's (5)
Annarasumanara (1)
By Chance,we...and... (1)
Diamond Dust (1)
Green Boy (1)
Melo Holic (1)
Orange Marmalade (1)

See rules and general info for Nominating and Voting below.

Award FormatThe event will consist of two phases: a nomination phase and a voting phase. Between those two phases, there will be three days break for administrative reasons.

Nomination Phase (January 19th-28st, 2014): The community makes their nominations in the category threads. If a series has already been nominated before, a member is allowed to support that nomination to build up hype and campaign for that nomination.

Break (January 28st-30th, 2014): Administrative reasons, preparation of the next phase.

Voting Phase (January 30th-February 6th, 2014): A poll is created from all nominations. Every member will be able to campaign for specific series and cast vote(s) to support those series.

Nomination Info - "How to Nominate"You may nominate up to three (3) series in each category. However, during the nomination phase, you can change your nomination if you want to nominate another title.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nominations clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated candidate with bolded red text. Example:

"I nominate Highlander for greatest movie ever." ~ Ricky Bobby

Voting Info - "How to Vote"Once the nomination round is over and the polls are made, the voting round begins. Please keep in mind that a vote is final. Discuss your opinion and think it through before voting. Choose wisely, because we won't change the votes if you reconsider later on.

And the winner for Best Slice of Life / Romance / Drama Series is...

Girls of Wild's

This story about a bullied young man, who was abandoned by his mother after his fathers death, and left to care for two younger siblings, becoming the first male student in an all female academy famous for producing fighters is a mix of drama, comedy, and heart. It's a story of school life among some of very odd and very strong girls; and how meeting them changes his life.

Last edited:

Black Void

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate "Girls of the Wild's" some parts are really sad even so voerall the manwha is a good mix aus harem, fighting and comedy... yes related to real life problems. if you can say so..

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support Girls of Wild's

And nominate Orange Marmalade

BASED Shinigami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support Girls of Wild's.

Also, I nominate Green Boy.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I nominate Annarasumanara, Melo Holic and Diamond Dust

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I support Girls of the Wilds

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't really read this genre usually... I thought Girl's of the Wilds was a fighting manhwa at first... surprise surprise... it wasn't bad if you think of it as slice of life. Aren't the main characters failing miserably at romance though? :XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't really read this genre usually... I thought Girl's of the Wilds was a fighting manhwa at first... surprise surprise... it wasn't bad if you think of it as slice of life. Aren't the main characters failing miserably at romance though? :XD
I've always suspected failing at romance is the very foundation of slice of life. Don't you think?

If a story was just two characters falling madly in love then it would be over 10 chapters. To make a real series out of it you need at least one of the person's involved to be spectacularly clueless.:teehee

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The winner has been crowned, and the announcement has been attached to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.