Best Sports | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Sports

Vote for the Winner!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Best Sports Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Sports Category.

The Nomination Votes:

Giant Killing = 3 “votes”

Ustegius
destiny4ever
~Coffee~

Slam Dunk = 2 “votes”

Saladesu
monkey d scar

Hajime no ippo = 1 “vote”

scav

IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 1 “vote”

HegemonKhan

One Outs = 1 “vote”

digitaldude

Ookiku Furikabutte = 1 “vote”

Yabe

Eyeshield 21 = 1 “vote”

maloose

Hikaru no Go = 1 “vote”

<.haruka.>

Speed Racer = 1 “vote”

Tsukisama

Touch = 1 “vote”

Charlie

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Giant Killing = 3 “votes”
2. Slam Dunk = 2 “votes”

We need to break the ties (3 needed):

1. Hajime no ippo = 1 “vote”
2. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 1 “vote”
3. One Outs = 1 “vote”
4. Ookiku Furikabutte = 1 “vote”
5. Eyeshield 21 = 1 “vote”
6. Hikaru no Go = 1 “vote”
7. Speed Racer = 1 “vote”
8. Touch = 1 “vote”

The Tie Breaking Poll Winners:

3. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 4 “votes”
4. Ookiku Furikabutte = 2 “votes”
5. Eyeshield 21 = 2 “votes”

The Final Votes for the Winner:

40 Total Votes

1. Giant Killing
2. Slam Dunk
3. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix
4. Ookiku Furikabutte
5. Eyeshield 21

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I have not actually watched much sports anime, but Slam Dunk was one of my first anime ever, and I still remember it very vividly to this day. As a manga, it is also brilliant and one of the biggest bestsellers Shounen Jump has had in its stable. It's blood-pumping, exciting, hilarious... Even when I see old episodes on TV now I get excited :XD It has a very cliche premise, but it is one of those series which turns that cliche premise into solid gold. Character development and subplots that didn't just focus on basketball, were one of this series' strengths.

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
About IGPX Immortal Grand Prix:

it's about a battle mecha "nascar/indy" race, instead of cars it's mechas which can battle each other (using both "speed mode-car" usually for the final lap and "battle mode - vertical robot" for before the final lap). Also, it's only (or usually only - can't remember) two competitors against each other within the race, HOWEVER they have teams of 3, so it's 3v3 in each race, making it much more interesting as they work together and do different strategies and combination moves/attacks.

the races are decently entertaining, but the drama and character interaction, and non-racing stuff is what makes it great. There's very memorable relationship/love triangles, and other such drama-life stuff, which makes it really enjoyable. The characters are great and there's a lot of funny moments and good dialogue.

Girls too would/will probably like this, as well as the guys, it's quite enjoyable for both genders. Having the action in the racing, and the drama outside of the racing.

This anime may not be well known, but it's really definately worth a look, as you will probably find yourself enjoying and glad you gave this anime a try!

Last edited:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
My vote for this category goes to Giant Killing. Sunday afternoons were all about GK and ETU for me. Moreover, watching this anime helped me enjoy the World Cup even more. :D This anime managed to bring out the soccer fan inside of me to the fullest. I know it is a fictional team, but I rooted for ETU as I would have done it for any real soccer team.

It is one of my favorite anime series and my favorite sports anime. Go, go, GK and ETU, perform another GK in these awards!!

The voting process will end very soon, so to all my fellow GK fans I would like to say: please come and vote for Giant Killing. :) And here’s a little AMV showing the reasons why I really hope GK wins this category.

Yes, I’m promoting my fav nominee until the very last moment. ;)

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Sports Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Sports Category.

The Nomination Votes:

Giant Killing = 3 “votes”

Ustegius
destiny4ever
~Coffee~

Slam Dunk = 2 “votes”

Saladesu
monkey d scar

Hajime no ippo = 1 “vote”

scav

IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 1 “vote”

HegemonKhan

One Outs = 1 “vote”

digitaldude

Ookiku Furikabutte = 1 “vote”

Yabe

Eyeshield 21 = 1 “vote”

maloose

Hikaru no Go = 1 “vote”

<.haruka.>

Speed Racer = 1 “vote”

Tsukisama

Touch = 1 “vote”

Charlie

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Giant Killing = 3 “votes”
2. Slam Dunk = 2 “votes”

We need to break the ties (3 needed):

1. Hajime no ippo = 1 “vote”
2. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 1 “vote”
3. One Outs = 1 “vote”
4. Ookiku Furikabutte = 1 “vote”
5. Eyeshield 21 = 1 “vote”
6. Hikaru no Go = 1 “vote”
7. Speed Racer = 1 “vote”
8. Touch = 1 “vote”

The Tie Breaking Poll Winners:

3. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix = 4 “votes”
4. Ookiku Furikabutte = 2 “votes”
5. Eyeshield 21 = 2 “votes”

The Final Votes for the Winner:

40 Total Votes

1. Giant Killing
2. Slam Dunk
3. IGPX Immortal Grand Prix
4. Ookiku Furikabutte
5. Eyeshield 21

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]: