Best Villain | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Villain

Vote for the winner!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Best Villain Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Villain Category.

The Nomination Votes

Monster

Johann Liebert = 4 “votes”

Cblitz
Ustegius
Darkp
naruto-niichan

Space Battleship Yamato

Dessler = 1 “vote”

Roflkopt3r

One Piece

Black Beard = 1 “vote”

scav

Crocodile = 1 “vote”

monkey d scar

Blood+

Diva = 1 “vote”

HegemonKhan

Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)

Char Aznable = 1 “vote”

Hystzen

Akira

Tetsuo = 1 “vote”

digitaldude

Yu Yu Hakusho

Younger Toguro = 1 “vote”

Yabe

Fullmetal Alchemist

Scar = 1 “vote”

<.Haruka.>

Death Note

Light “Kira” Yagami = 1 “vote”

Tsukisama

Naruto and/or Naruto Shippuuden

Pain (Nagato) = 1 “vote”

3c

Orochimaru = 1 “vote”

Jammin

Ef-A Tale of Melodies

Akira Amamiya = 1 “vote”

destiny4ever

Bleach

Aizen = 1 “vote”

Charlie

Trigun

Knives Millions = 1 “vote”

~Coffee~

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Lord Genome = 1 “vote”

Saladesu

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Monster: Johann Liebert = 4 “votes”

The Poll Winners:

2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Scar = 5 “votes”
3. Blood+: Diva = 3 “votes”
4. Death Note: Light “Kira” Yagami = 3 “votes”
5. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden: Orochimaru = 3 “votes”

The Final Votes for the Winner:

64 Total Votes

1. Monster: Johann Liebert
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Scar
3. Blood+: Diva
4. Death Note: Light “Kira” Yagami
5. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden: Orochimaru

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nominations are over! Now that the nominations are set, it is time to vote for which one you think should win this category! Cast your vote before the deadline to decide the winner! :whoabunny

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Scar- 1st series He is a villain
but with brother hood he is more of an Anti-Hero....

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Scar is a great villain (completely agree on him being more of an anti-hero with the second incarnation of the anime), but I would say my vote has to go to Light Yamagi as the best anime villain. Light pushed the boundaries of how one would define a villain for me, and his evolution from a regular kid to villainous megalomaniac with a God complex is brilliant.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Agreed, Scar was a good villain at the beginning, but then his role began to morph into one of an anti-hero. It was a good transition, though :)

I'm going with Light for this one, too. It's pretty interesting imo that despite being the "villain", he is also the "protagonist" :eyeroll

yukilove21

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm with Light to.He is just... Scary. Seriously, I read Death Note when I was 11 still, and he scared the crap out of me. He still does. But in a good way I guess? It's not like he looks scary or anything... It's just after reading death note I was afraid to go out of my house for a day......

I love Scar as a villain though. But yeah, he is more Anti-hero.

God, now I want to go re-read FMA... Not that it would bother me!:amuse

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Although this is more based on the manga than the anime, I voted for Light out of all the choices. Orochimaru failed in Shippuden, he wasn't really considered that good a villain to me, not like the way he was in the first part. Scar wasn't really a villain, he was an antihero. Light however was a true villain, despite being a protagonist. He showed how a protagonist can start good and fall deeper and deeper into hell and be more evil, which reminded me of some Shakespeare play (like Macbeth and I think Hamlet?). Light basically ditched his morals and was willing to kill anyone to keep his power and was willing to use anyone and didn't mind toying with anyone's feelings.

Sometimes he had me wondering: "was what he was doing really more of a villain type or was it still heroic type, but pretty muddy? Was he a bad guy or still good despite the fact that he was willing to murder to keep his power?"

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Queen Diva Blue Eyes with the Blue Rose

Diva's the villain here (imo - I voted for her of course):

*Extremely powerful
*Immortal (except for Saya's blood)
*Ancient (Diva is ~ 100 years old)
*Childish/Immature
*Grown-Up/Mature
*She's HAWT/SEXY, hehe.
*She's gluttonous, constantly drinking blood from her chevaliers and humans (killing the humans afterwards if they're not already dead from loss of blood)
*Diva kills Saya's foster human little brother, Riku, but Saya saves his life by turning him into her chevalier.
*She's responsible for Saya's foster human father's death.
*She puts on a wedding dress, finds Saya's foster younger brother and chavalier, Riku. Diva disables Saya's foster human older brother Kai, and as he watches, she then drops her wedding dress, completely naked except for her new sneakers (lol), and proceeds to rape Riku. Her blood than crystalizes and kills him. Poor Kai had to watch the rape and death of Riku. Poor Saya shows up, and finds Riku naked and dead/shattering to pieces. Diva gets impregnated by Riku, and unique to her species, she seems to have taken Riku's "essence" into herself as well as his "seed", as her body changes to look like Riku...
*She has many chevaliers
*Diva attempts to eliminate the human race by turning all of them into her species, chiropterans.
*She tries to seduce/mate with Saya's foster human older brother Kai, when he wants to kill her, she has him rub her pregnate tummy, taunting him that she has Riku's babies in her, that to kill her, he has to kill Riku's babies as well. He can't kill her, but he couldn't kill her even if he had the nerve to do so, as only Saya's blood can kill her.
*Etc...

-------

And then you learn the truth about Diva... , as you learn she's not as much as a villain as you thought she was... And you may even start to seeing Saya as more of the villain... at least I did/do, hehe

Last edited:

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Light.
Without him, the death note won't be so evil and then his brain matches that of the world's greatest detective.

And he's unique, protagonist/antagonist :darn

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Johan Liebert. The most horrifying character I have ever encountered. And that's all without superpowers nor overdone comic villain stuff (evil smirks, crazy laugh, crazy eyes, ridiculous goals such as world domination etc.) Basicly he could be real and that's what is so scary about him. Calm, manipulative and cold blooded. Seems like he could get done anything he wants. And the more we dig into his past as the series progresses, the more we understand why he is what he is. The story behind is incredibly deep.

A comic artist once said, that a series can be only as good as it's villain is. Johann Liebert is the titular Monster of the series and that itself tells a lot. The series is critically acclaimed and has had unbelievable reviews. I think that tells how phenomenal character Johan is.

Gotta give credit to Light as well though. It was a very interesting and fresh idea that the protagonist is in the end actually the antagonist. His slow change to evil and eventually mad is very interesting to watch.

Last edited:

kamakazi_1996

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
what no aizen LOL i thought the biggest villain in bleach would be here but i was wrong

my vote goes to Orochimaru even though i dont know why

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Best Villain Announcement!

The results are in for the first Anime Awards Ceremony (2010) at long last! The moment you have been waiting for, has finally arrived! [Drum rolls]

But first, our thanks. We thank everyone for their participation in nominating, voting, discussing, critiquing, and suggesting ideas for future Awards Ceremonies. This wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the staff and most importantly our cherished members and loyal fans of anime!

but secondly, let's review of how we got to the winner(s) of the Best Villain Category.

The Nomination Votes

Monster

Johann Liebert = 4 “votes”

Cblitz
Ustegius
Darkp
naruto-niichan

Space Battleship Yamato

Dessler = 1 “vote”

Roflkopt3r

One Piece

Black Beard = 1 “vote”

scav

Crocodile = 1 “vote”

monkey d scar

Blood+

Diva = 1 “vote”

HegemonKhan

Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)

Char Aznable = 1 “vote”

Hystzen

Akira

Tetsuo = 1 “vote”

digitaldude

Yu Yu Hakusho

Younger Toguro = 1 “vote”

Yabe

Fullmetal Alchemist

Scar = 1 “vote”

<.Haruka.>

Death Note

Light “Kira” Yagami = 1 “vote”

Tsukisama

Naruto and/or Naruto Shippuuden

Pain (Nagato) = 1 “vote”

3c

Orochimaru = 1 “vote”

Jammin

Ef-A Tale of Melodies

Akira Amamiya = 1 “vote”

destiny4ever

Bleach

Aizen = 1 “vote”

Charlie

Trigun

Knives Millions = 1 “vote”

~Coffee~

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Lord Genome = 1 “vote”

Saladesu

The Official Nominee Winners:

1. Monster: Johann Liebert = 4 “votes”

The Poll Winners:

2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Scar = 5 “votes”
3. Blood+: Diva = 3 “votes”
4. Death Note: Light “Kira” Yagami = 3 “votes”
5. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden: Orochimaru = 3 “votes”

The Final Votes for the Winner:

64 Total Votes

1. Monster: Johann Liebert
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Scar
3. Blood+: Diva
4. Death Note: Light “Kira” Yagami
5. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden: Orochimaru

and finally, what you all have been waiting for, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Members' winner choice [Drum rolls]: