Hangout - Black Clover Hangout Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Black Clover Hangout Thread

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What day do the chapters usually come out online?

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

new BLack clover chapter is out & my god the writing is as atrocious as ever

there you go shippers, don't say I never do anything for ya

Tabaro Foka

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Without words for this scene of Black Clover

:zomg

cool fights.Amazing art.Like the story for now.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow Asta coming in to save his Yuno mad eme crey tears of joy. This manga is so good with the action and rivalry. Everything is going so perfectly. Good story writing.

susanoo13

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I for one didn't see this rescue as nessecary at all, Yuno wasn't in any danger, here didn't even recieve a hit, wasn't bleeding, only got one of his magic negated. It could have fleshed Yuno's character a lot more before using Asta's entrance here or even making Yuno win this fight on his own through something smart yet all the suspense falls flat here. It feels like nothing more than fanservice with Asta's scream.

ElJin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
All the images that I found about the volume 01 in japanese bookstores and etc.

Sorry to be so many pictures ><' I believe everyone knows, but I'll write here anyway:
Volume 01 sold 38K and there i'll be a reprint for 18/06.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
All the images that I found about the volume 01 in japanese bookstores and etc.

Sorry to be so many pictures ><' I believe everyone knows, but I'll write here anyway:
Volume 01 sold 38K and there i'll be a reprint for 18/06.
Is 38K good or average?

Is there any news as to when it will be animated?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Assuming the series lasts 2.5-3 years it will be animated but no series ever is animated after such a short time. The fastest I can think of is Saint seiya which was animated after 10 months from it's debut but the industry was in a whole diferent thinking back then and something like that would be terrible nowadays.

38K considering printing and stock issues is good and it might increase next week.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/444567 - chapter 17

After this chapter I'm waiting to find out about the limitations of this anti-magic sword

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow Asta for best WSJ lead of 2015. That final page spread of being gravel the breaks diamonds was mindblowing. Thats like something a writer does in their 100th or so chapter, but this genius did it in his 17th. I cant even imagine how bigger future arcs will be. Yuno needs to get involved too.

Mawara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow Asta for best WSJ lead of 2015. That final page spread of being gravel the breaks diamonds was mindblowing. Thats like something a writer does in their 100th or so chapter, but this genius did it in his 17th. I cant even imagine how bigger future arcs will be. Yuno needs to get involved too.
It was, indeed, nice looking, but that doesnt have anything to do with the writing. Because as a writer, this wasnt very impressive. Loud-screaming maincharacter has a sword which is able to cut any magic. And he does the same here. The mangaka probably knows, that he cant wait to do such things with chapter 100, because otherwise the readers would be bored till then. Also, it wasnt not really that impressive story-wise, because we still dont really understand what the limits of magic are.
Brandon Sandersin, writer of the Mistborn-trilogy, once said: "An author’s ability to solve conflict with magic is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to how well the reader understands said magic."
For example, the eye-glasses aristocrat was impressed by how many dolls that diamond guy created. As a reader, I wasnt impressed, because I dont know, if that was that impressive to begin with.
I know, Naruto is very often used to compare with Black Clover, but still: In the first chapter we saw that Naruto had massive problems to create even one kagebunshin. That's why, he failed to become a ninja in the first place. But then he created dozens of kagebunshins in the end. That was impressive, because Kishimoto established, that to create just one kagebunshin was quite difficult for Naruto.
The magic of Black Clover is just not very interesting or exciting. That makes the action kinda shallow.
I just want to know more about the magic of Black Clover, so I can be more impressed by the battles & attacks.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was, indeed, nice looking, but that doesnt have anything to do with the writing. Because as a writer, this wasnt very impressive. Loud-screaming maincharacter has a sword which is able to cut any magic. And he does the same here. The mangaka probably knows, that he cant wait to do such things with chapter 100, because otherwise the readers would be bored till then. Also, it wasnt not really that impressive story-wise, because we still dont really understand what the limits of magic are.
Brandon Sandersin, writer of the Mistborn-trilogy, once said: "An author’s ability to solve conflict with magic is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to how well the reader understands said magic."
For example, the eye-glasses aristocrat was impressed by how many dolls that diamond guy created. As a reader, I wasnt impressed, because I dont know, if that was that impressive to begin with.
I know, Naruto is very often used to compare with Black Clover, but still: In the first chapter we saw that Naruto had massive problems to create even one kagebunshin. That's why, he failed to become a ninja in the first place. But then he created dozens of kagebunshins in the end. That was impressive, because Kishimoto established, that to create just one kagebunshin was quite difficult for Naruto.
The magic of Black Clover is just not very interesting or exciting. That makes the action kinda shallow.
I just want to know more about the magic of Black Clover, so I can be more impressed by the battles & attacks.
But chapter 18 told us about magic. A manga cant reveal everything in its opening chapter.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I just got to thinknig about it, what seiyuus do you hear in your head while reading Black clover?

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland
It is like second Naruto lol. It is mix of everything. It would be 10 times better, if main hero was his best friend. I hate this Naruto-like kid.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got to thinking about it, what seiyuus do you hear in your head while reading Black clover?
Asta should get Natsu's voice OR he should get a voice by KENN.
Yuno should get Sasuke's voice