Anime - Black Clover Movie Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Black Clover Movie Thread

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

The movie announcement !!!

“Asta welcomes the sunrise... What is the story that awaits?" ( does this mean the land of the rising sun ? Maybe it's about yami's past or maybe we will actually go there which I think is a bad idea.)

Jailmurdoch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
We finally got one after waiting for years!!

I am fine with anything as long as it doesn't negatively effect the canon material. The preview hints at the "Land of the rising sun" (even the buildings kind of resemble ancient japan), it would be awesome if it's about Yami when he was a kid or something but since Asta has to feature in it ( since he is the MC) I am not sure. I really hope it's not them actually going there, that would be all kinds of bad for me. I guess we will find out in a few months.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Black Clover is getting a Movie?! Fuck yes!!! :confetti

Crimson_Dawn13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, as long as this movie isn't the Spade Arc itself - If it covers the three days of extra training, then I'd be fine with that - but if it actually covers the battles that happen afterwards that just seems like all kinds of bad to me. The pacing might end up being horrible and some things might end up getting skipped depending how long that arc even ends up being.

It's possible that the movie itself will actually come out after the Spade arc ends in the manga and feature Asta going to the Land of the Rising Sun either after having heard about it from Yami and wanting to visit it in honour of his memory - should Yami die - and to tell his family there (assuming they're still alive) about Yami and maybe learn new techniques, or Asta going there with Yami (which would be preferably) whilst he's still alive, again, as a means to get stronger and possibly because of a conflict arising over seas in which somehow the Clover Kingdom got involved. Or it might not cover Yami's homeland at all. To prevent too many spoilers the trailer for the movie itself could be very vague about who is alive and who isn't after the Spade arc...

But, hey, we'll probably get the details later.

Robso98

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Considering movie poster features Asta with his arms being normal, not devil-like, I think we can assume it will take place during 6 month training.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Vortigern

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Some new information about the movie. The title seems to be "The Sword of the Wizard King" and it's about a previous WK, presumably the one before Julius, named Conrad or Konrad. The movie will be released on Netflix on 2023.3.31.

I wasn't particularly interested in the movie at first, since these types of movies are usually non-canon and tend to follow the same formula. However, the fact that it's about a previous WK means that we might actually learn something new about the setting and the history of Clover kingdom. In particular, the fact that Conrad apparently didn't die in office and was simply replaced by Julius means that there could have been something weird going on behind the scenes. I highly doubt the movie would outright spoil the Lucius reveal for the anime-only fans, but we might get some subtle hints about his involvement.

As for Conrad, his design is pretty cool and his clothing is very distinct. He almost looks like a pirate or something. He seems to be carrying a bunch of keys with him, which might play a role in his fighting style. Perhaps his magic is something related to locking and unlocking things, similar to Secre's sealing magic? I could also see a scenario in which each key allows him to somehow use a different type of magic, but I'm not sure how exactly that would work. Whatever the case may be, a Wizard King definitely deserves to have some very overpowered abilities, or at least something comparable to what Lumiere and Julius had.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
So 4 WK against the BC Kingdom. Mereleona vs Princia should be hype.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for this film. I didn't realize it'd be four former Wizard Kings, I thought it was just the one. That's a bit much. Wonder how most of the wins will play out.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I've been out of the loop for this film. I didn't realize it'd be four former Wizard Kings, I thought it was just the one. That's a bit much. Wonder how most of the wins will play out.
Noelle and Mereoleona should be the ones to beat Princia.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Noelle and Mereoleona should be the ones to beat Princia.
Is Princia the red head with the military uniform and cap? Cause if so, I'm not sure it would be both girls. The WK(?) shown right above Mereoleona in the poster has Silva traits(both hair and eyes, if you look closely) and even wears purple gems, so Noelle might have to fight that one. After Vetto, she always has to deal with her family's messes...even with that one Paladin in the manga, I bet she's gonna have to fight that battle too.
P.S. I didn't get to watch the video Seraph shared before it was removed, so Idk if they explain which antagonist is which there.

Wait, I found the trailer from Netflix and the dude with Silva traits practically is short haired Solid, lmao.

Last edited:

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Is Princia the red head with the military uniform and cap? Cause if so, I'm not sure it would be both girls. The WK(?) shown right above Mereoleona in the poster has Silva traits(both hair and eyes, if you look closely) and even wears purple gems, so Noelle might have to fight that one. After Vetto, she always has to deal with her family's messes...even with that one Paladin in the manga, I bet she's gonna have to fight that battle too.
P.S. I didn't get to watch the video Seraph shared before it was removed, so Idk if they explain which antagonist is which there.

Wait, I found the trailer from Netflix and the dude with Silva traits practically is short haired Solid, lmao.
He's not a Silva. And Tataba always has Noelle fight the main female antagonist. And Prinica screams Mereoleona fight

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
He's not a Silva. And Tataba always has Noelle fight the main female antagonist. And Prinica screams Mereoleona fight
I found the trailer on yt and watched it, I found some of the characters on the movie's MAL page too. I have a hunch which is the name of the younger silver haired dude. Him having a different last name doesn't confirm he's not related to the Silvas, unless it was already stated somewhere I didn't find yet. Also, while it's obvious that Noelle will fight in a team, given some shots in the trailer and the more "expansive" poster on MAL, she's likely to duo with Nozel. At some point she says that "their magic" will run out soon, and she has a vision or sees Nozel wounded on the floor. Either it's a flashback to the battle with the elves in their tower/wing, or he goes down faster than her/proecting her/something. Anyway, he was treated as relevant enough to the main plot to be shown on the poster, just like the Vermillion siblings, Yami and Julius(speaking of characters outside the main trio)...adding to this the fact that the trailer had this scene with the "vision", I suspect we'll get more Silva family drama, and it shouldn't be about Acier at all...considering the focus she gets in the Heart, Spade and current arc.

Yes, I agree Anego seems the right match for Princia, but at this point I doubt we'll get her and Noelle duo-ing Princia. Though it looks like the elderly WK will pick a fight with the Crimson Lions...who knows, maybe he fights the younger brothers, there is a scene where he's fighting Leo(?)

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Nearly here looking forwarded to Wizard Kings fights

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The movie is out on Netflix.