Voting Round 3 - Black Clover vs. One Piece | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Black Clover vs. One Piece

Who wins?

• Black Clover

• One Piece

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is round three. I've said a lot about the world-building, the detailed politics, the wide cast of incredible characters, the great themes and even the art of One Piece.

Let's be honest, you don't want to hear me go on and on about that again. Well maybe you do need more convincing but I'll save that for if someone calls me out on it.

Instead I'll take a break from that this round, and cater to a demographic I've neglected and might have gotten a bit on the bad side of.

Never say I don't try to give everyone what they want. Because for all I've said about fan service and waifus, One Piece does have them as well.

(And let's face it, the story and universe isn't the only thing constantly expanding in this series.
)

So, are you a Nami person? :hurr

Or maybe Robin?

Or why not both?

There's also Luffy's own waifu, Boa Hancock.

And if you're a certain global mod with a taste for lolis, well... we've got'em. @Sky

(And she's legal, too!)

Oh, you're more into men, are you? Well we've got schmexy dudes as well.

Now listen guys. I just sold my soul. I think that's worth a vote, don't you?
Luffy has a new waifu each arc. Love that Zoro and Ace pic :redface. If only the proportions in OP weren't so odd :s

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
One Piece, because my dear Tomo was slaughtered by BC.
Jokes aside, One Piece is one of the best Manga out there at the moment and as such it gets my vote.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I love Black Clover. It's a great manga. It's 10 years too soon for it to challenge One Piece. Besides One Piece is my contingency plan. If OPM is unable to hold back the dark tide of depressed chibi's from Neverland, which I have kind of a bad feeling about, I intend to have One Piece to hold that line for the sake of us all.

I call this plan... Operation Sweet Glorious Revenge

+1 vote One Piece
so that's your plan Ja-kun

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
One Piece, and @Sky has summarized my words, so I don't need to explain.

Reactions: Sky

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
NEVER GIVING UP IS MY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC!!!!

If you cringe hard barely one chapter into the story, you know something is wrong. Really wrong.

This shouldn't even be a contest.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Man, the BC bashing is unreal :feelsbadman. Reading all of this made me want to vote for BC instead then I realized I had already voted for One Piece.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece wins this handily.

If Black Clover started out with the quality that this current arc is showing and continued it's growth from that point, I think others would be singing a different tune. It still wouldn't have beaten One Piece, but it would at least be a bit more respected.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
NEVER GIVING UP IS MY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC!!!!

If you cringe hard barely one chapter into the story, you know something is wrong. Really wrong.

This shouldn't even be a contest.
the fact that might be a real quote make me never gonna read black clover.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Man, the BC bashing is unreal :feelsbadman. Reading all of this made me want to vote for BC instead then I realized I had already voted for One Piece.
All good queens vote for OP, nobody has time for Asta's obnoxious personality.

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Tried getting into one piece but I hated it, while on the other hand I am collecting black clover now because the series has soooooo much potential and I already love Noelle lol so obviously black clover <3

I need a magical shonen to fill the void after magi and fairy tail, ok?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried getting into one piece but I hated it, while on the other hand I am collecting black clover now because the series has soooooo much potential and I already love Noelle lol so obviously black clover <3
While I respect your opinion, I want to know what specifically you hated from trying to read OP?

I'm just curious as to what different reasons put people off.

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
While I respect your opinion, I want to know what specifically you hated from trying to read OP?

I'm just curious as to what different reasons put people off.
The prime reason to me was and still is the art. It is just...too hideous? like it is not pleasing to look at. Character designs look weirdly off-putting. I also hate how cluttered every volume cover looks like! great covers is one of the many things that could easily break or make a series for me...I guess because Im an avid collector and I do buy the volumes of all the series I read and sadly OP offers nothing to me in this department.
As for the story itself, because I did read the first few chapters, I just really did not like it! I tried to ignore the art for a bit, but nothing appealed to me in the first few chapters. Luffy came across as obnoxious and the Zoro guy was meh so I was like why bother?

obviously though, I have nothing personal against the series or its fans :)

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My major complaint about Black Clover's art is that the panel composition is incredibly flat and plain a lot of the times. Which is a shame because the character art is pretty good. I like how it's stylistically rough and sketchy, and you can see that the mangaka has a pretty understanding of anatomy.

On the flip side, One Piece can have some amazing, dynamic panel compositions. The art itself is far from hideous, but I can see how it can be unappealing to people. It's a mash of simple shapes and exaggerated anatomy, rather than the usual style you'd find.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Watch support for One Piece plummet as Luffy asspulls his way through Katakuri and Big Mom somehow.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both have bad art but OP has the better story. I have to go with th logical choice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.