Seinen - Black Lagoon by Hiroe Rei | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Black Lagoon by Hiroe Rei

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Real smooth, Revy. Real smooth. Just about every mob in the city can damn well see she's bothered by the client. Won't take long until the rumor starts spreading LOL :XD

Black Hawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I´m happy that Blacklaggon is back im happy the manga find a new group to work on it. But the Breaks are so long, i was waiting so long for the return its hard to wait so long. I hope it doesn´t will be the same as Liar Game. That releases total get out of controll.

The Chapter is nice, but does it need a full Flashback?? Or is this a Plan to inroduce the old Storys to new follower. So that anyone knows the History.

Unholy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I´m happy that Blacklaggon is back im happy the manga find a new group to work on it. But the Breaks are so long, i was waiting so long for the return its hard to wait so long. I hope it doesn´t will be the same as Liar Game. That releases total get out of controll.

The Chapter is nice, but does it need a full Flashback?? Or is this a Plan to inroduce the old Storys to new follower. So that anyone knows the History.
Yeah release speed seems pretty brutal is it like a chapter every 2 months or something like that? And after such a long wait a 17 pages long chapter pretty much blows, i liked the chapter but is too short considering the time the mangaka has to work on it.

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Next chapter on April issue of Sunday GX (on sale 19th March).
In fact new chapter will be on june issue (19/05).

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
In fact new chapter will be on june issue (19/05).
Are you sure about that one?
Manga Editor said it was on hiatus until the new volume is published...

Edit: I also checked the public raws and there is no schedule for its return.
Could you please tell me where did you get that piece of information?
Thanks! ^^

Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Are you sure about that one?
Manga Editor said it was on hiatus until the new volume is published...

Edit: I also checked the public raws and there is no schedule for its return.
Could you please tell me where did you get that piece of information?
Thanks! ^^
Issues are numbered minus 1. Basically June issue gets out on May 19th or January issue on December 19th etc.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Issues are numbered minus 1. Basically June issue gets out on May 19th or January issue on December 19th etc.
Of course. But that has nothing to do with my question.
Both the English scan and the raw said that there's an hiatus. But then Heiji said that it's resuming on june's issue.

redon

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Roberta and Revy/Titty Contest HQ posters from Volume 10 limited edition.

Last edited:

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
So, it's still on hiatus. Any news on the reserialization?

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
None for now, it seems the series will not be resuming next month either. Maybe in July.

On another note, I finally caught up to the series two days ago. It's pretty good, especially the way the characters talk. The art is awesome too. While it doesn't have as much details in facial expressions. backgrounds and stuff, that's most likely the first manga I read where the panel layout is that complex. Panels being separated by nothing but a lines or overlapping that much on a page during action scenes is something I had rarely seeing in manga before. Then there are the fading points in each panels on the pages in action scenes. I had literally never seen that much variation before in a manga... (almost makes the online reading experience uncomfortable seeing how much I had to turn my head to look at the panels in the right perspective.)
Character development is pretty slow too, makes me wonder how many chapters left for this series. I mean assuming the series is going to be 12 volumes (seems to be the most series run for in Sunday GX, only exception being JyaJya) with 11 chapters per volumes would mean 22 chapters left and at a rate of 6 chapters every year (excluding hiatuses) the series could still be in the magazine in 4 years...

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Black Lagoon by Hiroe Rei - Chapter 87

It's been a while since I last read this series and chapter 87 is finally out. Phew! I've almost forgotten how the story is like and it's quite difficult to follow through. hahaha :teehee

Revy, as always, violent and rough, and never gives a chance of break in the "sense of humour" in her tongue-lashing. :cheez

It seems to have another break again... oh well...

The Red Dog

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Any News ?

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Serie will resume next spring.

bojack13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nga-in-spring-works-on-original-anime/.109939

The January 2017 issue of Shogakukan's Monthly Sunday GX is announcing on Monday that Rei Hiroe's Black Lagoon manga will resume in spring. The manga has been on hiatus since early 2014. The magazine is also announcing that Hiroe is working on an original television anime project titled Re: Creators that will premiere in 2017
Wow...3 years since it stopped right in the middle (or maybe the beginning) of it's last arc. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope this won't be the last arc. But if it is I hope Hiroe makes it the best one yet and gives it a proper ending.

MediaBurntSolomon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was about to make a new forum for this manga because I thought this one had been abandoned or was a spinoff of a general sienen forum. :facepalm
Hopefully there are some of you out there still paying some attention to this forum. The hiatus is over, an anime reboot is in production, Ch 89 raws are posted and I'm reaching out to fan translators I know who might be able to help us out. I can vouch for the high quality of their fansubs but I'm not sure if they have the time on top of other manga they're translating (or if they're a Black Lagoon fan.)

In any case, there's a lot has happened since the December 2016. It's time for the fandom here to rise from the dead!

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I was about to make a new forum for this manga because I thought this one had been abandoned or was a spinoff of a general sienen forum. :facepalm
Hopefully there are some of you out there still paying some attention to this forum. The hiatus is over, an anime reboot is in production, Ch 89 raws are posted and I'm reaching out to fan translators I know who might be able to help us out. I can vouch for the high quality of their fansubs but I'm not sure if they have the time on top of other manga they're translating (or if they're a Black Lagoon fan.)

In any case, there's a lot has happened since the December 2016. It's time for the fandom here to rise from the dead!
:polka Now I´m hyped.