Blessed are the Dumbfucks | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Blessed are the Dumbfucks

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah, last show I was in was two years ago so it’s probably the case you described. :p That timeline distortion happens way too often as a parent..

Sad to hear that about your wifey being sick. Yeah, even when parent life stresses you the fuck out, somehow the kid/s and family as a whole are also what get you through it all.

That sounds like it could be pretty darn hectic, yeah.. :sweat Understand that you don’t come here quite as often then. Still, hope to see you on here from time to time at least! I was somehow dragged back after about two years of inactivity, guess this place will always sort of be my online home. :nod

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
If you were a Kpop idol and in a boygroup, you would be that one most talented member, because you can sing and play lots of instruments :D. And if we are talking about position/role, you are definitely the main vocalist :nod

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Kinda overwhelmed by the response from you guys. :awe But really appreciate it. :zomg

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I really like the name of this Thread.:verily

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Happy birthday :confetti :party

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Sankyuu! First one to remember it on here. :zomg

Kinda sucks to have your birthday when you’re working all day though. But I’ll celebrate proper on Thursday. :nod
Welcome :nod

Why Thursday of all days? Are you free on Thursday? :?bunny

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Welcome :nod

Why Thursday of all days? Are you free on Thursday? :?bunny
Yup, public holiday. :thumb Ascension Day, I think it’s called in English. Which means a full day at my parents’ house with the grill going all day. Yosh-aaaa!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Ah yes, Ascension Day. It's holiday in here too, I forgot lol.

Grill? :tss What do you usually grill and what is your favorite?

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dad usually gets some steaks, pork chops, chicken and fish so there’s something for almost everyone. I’ll be bringing along halloumi cheese to grill, lots of cobs of corn, mushrooms and veggies like paprika, zucchini etc because dad is the “meat, potatoes and sauce is enough”-kind of guy (and that’s not bad, but with a vegan wife I’ve gotten used to lots of veggies with my food). Guess I’ll be making my wife some of my special vegan burgers as well. :nod

I myself am not very good at grilling/BBQing stuff (I live in an apartment and don’t own a grill), but I’m pretty good at preparing stuff for the grill. :thumbs
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, Ascension Day is on different dates depending on where in the world you are I think. So maybe it’s some other day where you live. :catshrug

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Dad usually gets some steaks, pork chops, chicken and fish so there’s something for almost everyone. I’ll be bringing along halloumi cheese to grill, lots of cobs of corn, mushrooms and veggies like paprika, zucchini etc because dad is the “meat, potatoes and sauce is enough”-kind of guy (and that’s not bad, but with a vegan wife I’ve gotten used to lots of veggies with my food). Guess I’ll be making my wife some of my special vegan burgers as well. :nod

I myself am not very good at grilling/BBQing stuff (I live in an apartment and don’t own a grill), but I’m pretty good at preparing stuff for the grill. :thumbs
Also, Ascension Day is on different dates depending on where in the world you are I think. So maybe it’s some other day where you live. :catshrug
w o w :tss Veggies are good and being a vegan is cool :zomg I have started adding veggies and fruits into my diet :nod

Ascension Day is on today (Thursday) in here. So Christians have their own calendar? I never realized that. I thought international calendar is theirs. How about Christmas? Why is it always on Dec 25th? :?bunny

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yo Orgz~ this blessed title has aroused my attention.
Care to explain the meaning? :hmm

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi hun, how is the weekend?
Hey bae! It’s good, a bit exhausted because eldest turned 4 on Friday so there’s been a lot of celebrating... so today we’re taking it easy and building his new LEGO sets, smothering him a bit before he goes to the west coast with his grandparents for five days. :faint (well needed for us - and his little brother - but heartbreaking nonetheless)

How’s everything with you? <3

Yo Orgz~ this blessed title has aroused my attention.
Care to explain the meaning? :hmm
Explained it earlier (like, two pages = two years ago; this thread isn't very active :XD)

Thanks. It's from one of my favorite books; Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. I whole-heartedly recommend it as it is laugh-out-loud funny, philosophical, wise, and really interesting all at the same time. You have to be open to blasphemy, though.

“We’ve got it: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness; blessed are the poor in spirit, the pure in heart, the whiners, the meek, the – “

“Wait, what are we giving the meek?”

“Let’s see, uh here: Blessed are the meek, for to them we shall say, ‘attaboy.””

“A little weak.”

“Yeah.”

“Let’s let the meek inherit the earth.”

“Didn't you give the earth to the whiners?”

“Well then, cut the whiners and give the earth to the meek.”

“Okay. Earth to the meek. Here we go. Blessed are the peacemakers, the mourners, and that’s it…We need one more. How about the dumbfucks?”

“No, Josh, not the dumbfucks. you’ve done enough for the dumbfucks.”

“Blessed are the dumbfucks for they, uh – I don’t know – they shall never be disappointed.”

(Yes, this Josh is Yehoshua/Yoshua, or Jesus as he is nowadays more commonly referred to.)
I like this passage, but maybe it’s about time for a new thread title. I’ll give it a think!

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My memory doesn't go back 2 mintues usually - dont even mention 2 years. :lmao

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nothing blasphemous about acknowledging the suppressive role of the church in the past in keeping peasantry in check. Now it's media's job. :cookiehand

I'm alright. Moving to new apartment soon and looking forward to my new -30, but still got it- life. :3c:biblethump
Was it as crazy hot in *shiver* Scandinavia, as on the main land? How did you spend the summer so far?

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
We’ve had a lot of midsummer weather so far. Meaning, it’s 30 degrees in the shade one day, then a day of gale winds followed by thundering rainstorms and/or hail, and then repeat at random. The last two summers were just obnoxiously hot all the time - this weather suits me much better. Had one week of “I’m melting” and the rest just meteorological anarchy.

Any other changes except for the new apartment and the young age of 30? What’re you up to these days?

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Slowly furnishing my overpriced new place now. Today the tabletop arrived so I installed the newly bought monitor and keyboard there to have a little impro docking station for my laptop. Over the course of the week some other delivery items supposed to arrive. Tried to schedule as much for this week, that I took off just for that. Accidently bought two beds, and the one I didn't want it already on the way. Adult life sucks. :bored

You had some proper vaycay this year yet?

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Overpriced? :o Was it the only one you could find so you had to take it, or are all apartments overpriced down there now? Hope you can handle it, anyhow. Heck, if you can just buy beds left and right I’m sure you’re fine. :derp You in Berlin still/again?