Chapter - Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

NoOneInParticular

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a theory that the All Might vestige barely survived and absorbed whatever remained of the First User making him the new vestige of One For All.🧐

So what if during Deku’s final attack on AFO the All Might vestige transfers itself back?🤔
Why All Might's vestige in particular, I'm curious?

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Why All Might's vestige in particular, I'm curious?
He was the only vestige that didn’t have a quirk and it would be fitting for All Might to become the new vestige of One For All.

Also he would always be able to be with Deku in his future battles.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, a crazy yet plausible version of my earlier theory just came to me. What if during the final battle, AFO finds himself striking Deku without intending to and wondering what caused it. It turned it was because of Tenko's subconscious still inside him. Due to Deku having thrown all of OFA's Quirks into him (along with him having claimed Danger Sense), Tenko was in turn able to transfer his own vestige to Deku, along with not just OFA's Quirks, but all the Quirks inside AFO that could be used for good (including Super Regeneration that completely heals Deku's arms). This would allow Deku to save Tenko, regain his Quirk and enable him to finish off AFO for good all at once.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think this is clearly what Hori has been saving all his cards for. This doesn’t seem tacked on to me. It seems like the natural end point that the story was always reaching for. It’s why Hori was fairly conservative throughout the arc in terms of taking characters off the board. I’m happy how all the threads of tying together, and the final chance to give some characters to give characters who were underserviced or needed to interact again a final chance to do so, while also resolving the main conflict.

Zibi234

Reaction score
Country
Poland
My guess Deku will resonate with Shigaraki inside, he will regain conciousness but this time, knowing that all his family tragedy was AFOs doing, he will use Decay on his own body. He will disappear along with Afo, as Afo will die by his own doing. Him giving Shigaraki decay will be his downfall.

As Nagant said, Deku is one that takes the hard and thorny way, so defeats enemies not by pure brutal force but by compasion and wanting to see good in everyone. This time he got to Shigaraki and that will end everything and save everyone. Since the civilians started rooting back I guess he took others hearts too.

Also as Shigaraki is about to disappear he will hand over to Deku his OFA or even all the stolen quirks with the ability to take and give. Allowing Deku to give Ragdoll and other heroes stolen quirks.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Also as Shigaraki is about to disappear he will hand over to Deku his OFA or even all the stolen quirks with the ability to take and give. Allowing Deku to give Ragdoll and other heroes stolen quirks.
If Izuku has the AFO with him, he will also have a vestige of the AFO, and that wouldn't be possible.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
A lot of plausible theories. I sure hope anyone of them are true.
the vestiges still being alive with Shigarki would feel like me to be the ultiamte payback. AFO killed all vestiges and ruined Shigarkis life, so, the ultiamte karma owuld be that that they destroy him from within by Shigarki using his decay to destroy his boyd. Course that will make Deku feel guilty since he wont feel like he saved Shigarki. But in truth he did.
But All Might vestige somehow becoming the One For All vestige and get back to Deku would be nice too. But that just cause I want Deku to get that quirk back.
I too once wodnered if Shigakri would as a last act of defience of somehow transfer even the quirk of All fo One but not the vestige of him to Deku. In a way fufilling Yoichis wish that the quirk of someone that can give and take quirks could have been the kindess ability in the world. Since it would be in the hand of Deku. The only eason I dont like that is cause I would be afraid Life Force would be tranfered too and thus Deku will outlive the rest. And, would his body even handle that many quirks?
Too many guesses, hopefully any one of them are right.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Allowing Deku to give Ragdoll and other heroes stolen quirks.
Aside from Ragdoll, who?

AFO stole Hawks' quirk using a copy of AFO.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

All fo One but not the vestige of him to Deku. In a way fufilling Yoichis wish that the quirk of someone that can give and take quirks could have been the kindess ability in the world. Since it would be in the hand of Deku. The only eason I dont like that is cause I would be afraid Life Force would be tranfered too and thus Deku will outlive the rest. And, would his body even handle that many quirks?
Impossible, if you take the Quirk you also take the vestiges.

Griffithpt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So Deku lost one for all for good ?
There's no telling what crazy shenanigans will happen in the next few chapters but yes, Deku has lost OFA for good barring some Deus Ex Machina shenanigans.

You may not like it, but it's what makes the most sense for Deku narratively. He gained his power by sacrificing himself to save others, it makes sense that he would sacrifice the gift he treasures the most to try to save his toughest opponent.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
If indeed the vestiges of OFA have been destroyed, then OFA also no longer exists

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
If indeed the vestiges of OFA have been destroyed, then OFA also no longer exists
Mmmm not really? I mean only Yoichi really matters. All others are pleasant bonuses. But even like that theres no direct connotation between vestige and quirk

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Mmmm not really? I mean only Yoichi really matters. All others are pleasant bonuses. But even like that theres no direct connotation between vestige and quirk
From the way they talk about it, Yoichi's vestige was also destroyed

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He was the only vestige that didn’t have a quirk and it would be fitting for All Might to become the new vestige of One For All.

Also he would always be able to be with Deku in his future battles.
Hm, well, the other thing that sets him apart from the other users is that he's still alive and his vestige was never fully developed. So that might be a loophole to his vestige returning later on.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And we still don't know how All Might used muscule form without OFA and from where he takes that form

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another random thought for Deku's future... shouldn't the fact that he lost his arms mean something? His vestige received the damage while it was in Shigaraki's world, so wouldn't the fact that his body received the damage be a sign that his vestige returned to him? I mean, we did see it being booted from Shigaraki when AFO woke up. And a vestige is just the manifestation of a quirk factor, so this is a long winded way of saying Deku could still currently have his own quirk factor. It's not the same as having OFA, but the power stockpiling aspect could simply have boosted Deku's own factor, leaving him with the strength.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And we still don't know how All Might used muscule form without OFA and from where he takes that form
It wasn't a form, it was just him who was like that.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only part of OFA that still exists is Danger Sense, which has been confirmed not to have been destroyed.

I'm still thinking that considering the physical and emotional damage AFO suffered in the vestige world, that his control over AFO will likely be weakened further fighting the heroes.

I know that earlier it was made clear afo only began to act up because it was a copy with reduced authority, but considering the fact that AFO as a quirk was likely damaged in the vestige world confrontation(as indicated by the fact a great deal of his personality was deeply effected by what went on in there), I think its possible that upon fighting the minor heroes and Deku AFO begins to lose more and more control of his quirks.

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The only part of OFA that still exists is Danger Sense, which has been confirmed not to have been destroyed.

I'm still thinking that considering the physical and emotional damage AFO suffered in the vestige world, that his control over AFO will likely be weakened further fighting the heroes.

I know that earlier it was made clear afo only began to act up because it was a copy with reduced authority, but considering the fact that AFO as a quirk was likely damaged in the vestige world confrontation(as indicated by the fact a great deal of his personality was deeply effected by what went on in there), I think its possible that upon fighting the minor heroes and Deku AFO begins to lose more and more control of his quirks.
Wow🤯 I completely forgot Danger Sense was stolen!!!😅🙈

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
All Might vestige punching AFO on face and winning again gonna be epic
If maybe he had done this three chapters ago it would have been much better.