Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia The 2nd Movie: "HEROES: RISING"

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is the discussion thread for the 2nd BNHA movie. It's called "HEROES: RISING" and will be released december 20th.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany

A comment by Horikoshi about the movie (Source):

THE・原作者コメント
今回の映画はある種ヒロアカ最終回とも言えます。
というのも、原作の最終決戦でやりたかったネタの一つをこの映画で使っているからです。
そんなことして原作の方は大丈夫なのか!?と思われた方、安心してください。僕も心配です。
前回の映画でオールマイトとデク、師弟の共闘という考え得る限り最強のネタを披露してしまったので、そのハードルを越える映画にしなくてはならなかったのです。困ったものです。
これを越える展開は恐らくもうないと思うので、第3弾はないでしょう。多分。
というわけで僕のヒーローアカデミア映画第2弾、前回よりもPLUSULTRAしておりますので
どうぞお楽しみに!!

The gist of it is that this movie will include a plot element of the final battle he actually wanted to use for the manga. The reason for that is that after the Deku and All Might team-up in the first movie he wants the watchers to see something even more amazing. He also thinks this will be the final BNHA movie and that's why he wants to give it his all, even more than he did for the first movie.

A key visual:

Last edited:

Kocksmaw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you all feel about the fact that Hori is going to use what was going to be a final battle element and incorporate it into this movie?

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What, he is going to use something he had planned for the end? That's crazy but I am excited. Hopefully it'll be better than the first one.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you all feel about the fact that Hori is going to use what was going to be a final battle element and incorporate it into this movie?
Depends on what it is. But, I'm not worried, Hori wouldn't do it if he didn't have something else better in mind. But, I'm very interested in what it could be. It mentioned the All Might/Deku team up. Hm. We might be getting a proper Bakugo/Deku Team up. Honestly, that's what I want to see. A movie full of Class A pairing off in teams of two or three and using combo attacks.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nine? Maybe he has nine quirks?

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Villain is Hisashi Midoryia. (Sorry i am joking)

LgS_WaRioR

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
No, Midoriya and Bakugo will not be the protagonists of the movie, all class 1-A will be the protagonists.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My bet is either a full on Bakugou/Deku 100% syncro-team work: think of something along the lines of sasuke+naruto vs momoshiki in the anime, or

Maybe a all-quirk deku? Or maybe something along the lines of Toriko´s Demons, where they were similar to the past users of OfA, but they could come out and fight for a very VERY short amount of time. Think of it along the lines of a Stand User with more than 1 stand active at the same time

Or it could be a class 1-A team up...and while sure it would be cool with movie quality, I don´t see this topping All Might and Deku running side by side.

Paze

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guys keep in mind whatever happens in the movie the characters will end up in the exact position they were at for the start of season 4.

I think he planned on the villian being in the manga and Deku and Bakugo teaming up to fight him, but is putting that in the movie now.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm very curious if Nine is connected to AFO. Especially sense in My Hero Vigilantes there's a shady guy called No. 6.

Guys keep in mind whatever happens in the movie the characters will end up in the exact position they were at for the start of season 4.

I think he planned on the villian being in the manga and Deku and Bakugo teaming up to fight him, but is putting that in the movie now.
Seems like more of an Easter egg to me. Like when Shiki, the villain from Strong World, was mentioned in the One Piece manga. Considering Heroes Rising had to be in production for a while, Hori probably used the random panel page to low-key promote the movie.

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Translation:
The Ultimate Villain
Nine
The ones who face him
will be U.A. high school class 1-A
You’re next
A “will” passed on
Save and win
Win and save

It seems that the movie wants to focus mostly on Deku and Kacchan, huh? Also....

Deku is wearing the air force gloves. This means that the movie is located after the 4th season?