Discussion - Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boku no Hero Academia: Vigilantes

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Don't call me a turtle but I just realized that literally the current Vigilantes events and the main series are exactly the same. :gwahEven the previous chapters had the same ending!

Also that Prince reference is 10/10 haha

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't call me a turtle but I just realized that literally the current Vigilantes events and the main series are exactly the same. :gwahEven the previous chapters had the same ending!

Also that Prince reference is 10/10 haha
You think the current arc in the main story and the current arc in vigilantes are going to end the same way?

nectar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You think the current arc in the main story and the current arc in vigilantes are going to end the same way?
With the hero having a concert? Sure, Prince can pull it off. Not sure about Endeavor, tho.

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Isn't this chapter supposed to come out on September 27...? Wtf Viz Oh well! Here is the alternative link!

You can summarize the chapter with this

and i love it. But then we get to the last page and... :emobirb

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Isn't this chapter supposed to come out on September 27...? Wtf Viz Oh well! Here is the alternative link!

You can summarize the chapter with this

and i love it. But then we get to the last page and... :emobirb
Yeah, that does not look good. If Aizawa blamed himself for Shirakumo, it's unsurprising to see how bitter he is. It's a nice twist if it's true that it was Aizawa who nearly gave up on hero-ing. You now get to see why he's so hard on the kids.

I gotta wonder how Midnight feels about this, considering she was their fellow intern. Does she feel a sense of regret and guilt too in the present? I would've liked to see her in that conversation with Mic after approving Shinso into the hero course.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter was the equivalent of a TV cop two days from retirement. You could feel something bad coming but didn't want to believe it.

I agree with whoever said Aizawa's strict behavior with students will stem from what goes down with Shirakumo. We know he's super positive but the U.A. rumor from the main series says he quit trying to be a hero and caused all sorts of trouble. Quitting U.A. is bad but causing trouble could mean just about anything.

Also, Aizawa and Shirakumo are pretty much a team so it's a safe bet both guys were there but one protected the other. Then there's Purple Highness. Even if he doesn't die, his injuries could force him to retire. Plus, there's the villain itself. Was it a random person or someone that could pop-up later? So many variables, I love it.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a pretty powerful villain. No way is Aizawa taking him down alone.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
The newest chapter is out and it happened. I'm impressed Aizawa took down that villain alone, the guy is a true hero. I wanna know how U.A. handles a student's death.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fantastic wrap-up of the Aizawa flashback. Guess we won't be seeing much of him now that he's going to be a teacher. Wouldn't mind seeing another hero from the main series become a supporting cast member for awhile.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
We still don't know Captain Celebrity's hero rank. Hm. It's almost as if they're saving that reveal for later, maybe for the main series.

Mokoto may have a crush on Koichi but I can see her buttering him up before trying to convince to become a legit hero. With her as his manager, of course.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Captain celebrity is from the US and was only temporarily within japan. The rankings we know are only for japan... Even if there was a world-wide ranking I doubt japan would even be in it. Not because of quality of hero but because this would depend on news coverage and such things... And realistically speaking the places whose news are covered in the most global manner are the US and europe.... probably followed by china and to some extent russia. So if there was a world wide hero ranking it logically shouldn't have any japanese heroes in it. Even if allmight is the strongest in the planet. Of course, you could make the point that BNHA is set hundreds of years into the future and the geopolitical context is different... But the author has not elaborated on that so its not a thing.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm talking about America's Hero Ranking. It's implied the hero system is a thing all over the world. America should have its own.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I dont think Mokoto has smth to fo with Koichi. It must be misunderstanding.
America hero ranking? Interesting)

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Forget Koichi, Pop. Just become a big-time singer. Maybe even join a band. You can name yourselves Deep Dope. Now, where have I heard that name before? ;)