Discussion - Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Boys Love Anime/Manga/Drama Confessions Thread

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is a blatant rip-off of Destiny4eva's Confessions Thread located here.

Confess your frustrations, aspirations, embarrassements, disappointments, and excitement about all things yaoi and boys love related here. :amuse Sometimes, its better not to hold it in!

If the moderator doesn't find this suitable for the forum, I'll delete it.

I will go first. I confess to wanting Shimoku Kio to write a boys love manga! Especially after reading the most recent chapter of Genshiken Nidaime. The mangaka has created a very unique relationship between two men, and his handling of gender and sexuality makes me want all the ship teasing to mean something, damnit!

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I confess that I'm a fan of KakaSasu, but my legal mind only allows my perv mind to read fics with timeskip. :XD

There are some very nice fanart, but they use the first part clothes.
Perv Kakashi is perv. :toc

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ah, Kakashi. I can totally see him going both ways too! :super

I confess that even though I appreciate a lot of yaoi now....I still can't get myself to ship Allen from D.Gray-man romantically with another guy. Lavi/Kanda? AWESOME. Lavi/Tyki? HOT. Kanda/Alma Karma(het and BL)? TRAGIC BUT BEAUTIFUL. Lavi/Krory? BUDDYSHIP. Link/Allen/Link?....I can't do it. And Allen has so much ship tease with all these people. =(

I confess my strong desire to write a shipping essay on ship_manifesto....but I'm scared no one will read it. T_T The fact that it is for a really small fandom makes me even more anxious no one will read it. >_> And on top of that, the small fandom for it is blatantly anti-slash. =/

Mango-chan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I read yaoi for the story and skip the smut but I don't like shounen-ai. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. D:

Not sure if this is the right kind of confession but I gotta get it off my chest.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There's nothing wrong with you at all. Hey, its important to know if the couple are in a real relationship or not. And there is no such thing as a "wrong" kind of confession! :super

I'm the opposite. I skip the fluff to get to...:derp other parts.

I confess I only ship yaoi in "regular" series if they have loads and loads of female characters. The less female characters there are, the less likely I'll ship anything but het. Evidence? I shipped Kosukegawa and Kanami together from Change 123 (straight up harem/ecchi series). Now that's messed up. xD

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Awww, i'm a fan of fluffiness. Even when it's mixed with half violence. *cough Tyrant cough*

I confess that, although i like shounen mnanga, i'm getting bored with Hakkenden cause it's supposed to be shounen-ai, but the first volume is pure shounen.

MisaoFan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Awww, i'm a fan of fluffiness. Even when it's mixed with half violence. *cough Tyrant cough*

I confess that, although i like shounen mnanga, i'm getting bored with Hakkenden cause it's supposed to be shounen-ai, but the first volume is pure shounen.
This series is considered shoujo according to MangaUpdates. But there's loads of shounen that aren't action-oriented, like Love Hina, one of the most popular shounen romantic comedies.

Back in this thread, I would confess Sasha with Edgar in Qwaser of Stigmata. Even though the series itself doesn't have any BL hint (it has huge loads of ecchiness and female characters), I was curious when it comes to feminine men or crossdresser boys (Edgar was part of the latter), which makes me hunger with series that contains any references to them. And it's good to ship a normal guy pairing with a crossdresser guy. This hint also applies to a straight-up shounen romance Prunus Girl as well.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@MisaoFan; answered at Hang out thread to avoid going offtopic here.

The crossdresser thing... I don't like it in BL mangas. It is strange to see a man wanting another man dressing like a maid.

But i like it when it's in shoujo or shounen and it's not related to sex fantasies. :toc

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I confess, sometimes I wonder how much (or how little) a shonen or a seinen title would change if the main character was gay. :derp

I also confess, that before Beelzebub I would probably seriously dislike saying the sentence above. :sweat

charliez

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I confess, sometimes I wonder how much (or how little) a shonen or a seinen title would change if the main character was gay. :derp

I also confess, that before Beelzebub I would probably seriously dislike saying the sentence above. :sweat
:teehee

Also, not quite sure what to confess about, but I uh.. sometimes wonder if I would still ship my yaoi OTP if they were genderbent with slightly different personalities/characters/dynamics.

Bloody Queen

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Uh... is it okay if I confess here?

I confess that I...I... I never read any real shounen-ai manga except for Gamerz Heaven, No. 6, and The Ice-Cold Demon Tale even though I'm a fujoshi! :s Ah, the pain of being too young to read Gravitation... :darn

I confess that I'm an obsessed Yullen fan – however, I love LaviYu too! I'm not stereotyping or anything, but I heard that 90% of Yullen fans hold vengeance agaisnt LaviYu... well, I don't! :pleased

Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Its the confessions thread, of course its ok to confess here!

LOL, I have heard this too, being a LaviYu fan myself. I don't know why we (as people, not just yaoi shippers) have rival pairings, but we do. When I was deep into the D.Gray-man fandom, I used to think we had this intense, vampire vs. werewolf rivalry that would never go away. xD

I confess even though I like Tight Rope, I still have not finished reading it. :fail

:teehee

Also, not quite sure what to confess about, but I uh.. sometimes wonder if I would still ship my yaoi OTP if they were genderbent with slightly different personalities/characters/dynamics.
I think the same thing too. :oh But then I just think: wouldn't it be a different pairing, then?

Last edited:

charliez

Reaction score
Country
Japan
When I was deep into the D.Gray-man fandom, I used to think we had this intense, vampire vs. werewolf rivalry that would never go away. xD
... Do I know which incident this was? yes.. yes I think I do lol.

I think the same thing too. :oh But then I just think: wouldn't it be a different pairing, then?
It might be, unless the only thing that changed was only gender and if their personalities remained the same :B

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I confess that when I was waiting for my BL doujinshi purchases to clear customs, I prayed more often. :fail

I confess to wanting to blow my meager salary on wanting to buy more doujinshi. This is normal, right? >_> *opens up C-Queen*

... Do I know which incident this was? yes.. yes I think I do lol.
It was Yullen vs. LaviYu/AllenLenalee. Vampires and Werewolves have always had rivalries, right? >_>

It might be, unless the only thing that changed was only gender and if their personalities remained the same :B
Gender is such a tricky thing to switch around, I think it depends on the manga itself. Would Twincest be so popular in Blue Exorcist if Yukio was a girl? What if Rin and Yukio were twin sisters? Hetalia, which already has gender bended versions, wouldn't make a difference either way because they are countries. Yullen might be really cliche if Allen was a girl, plus, the storyline would change quite a bit. Beelzebub would have become a harem romcom. :cookiehand

Last edited:

charliez

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I confess to wanting to blow my meager salary on wanting to buy more doujinshi. This is normal, right? >_> *opens up C-Queen*
yes, it's normal. very normal.

*eyes growing stack of doujinshi shiftily* >_>

It was Yullen vs. LaviYu/AllenLenalee. Vampires and Werewolves have always had rivalries, right? >_>
Oh, that. I don't think I remember that one (I was thinking of the time where some of the members were RPing as 'vampires' and 'werewolves' and then they tried to take over the 'Ville.... to no avail :derp

Gender is such a tricky thing to switch around, I think it depends on the manga itself. Would Twincest be so popular in Blue Exorcist if Yukio was a girl? What if Rin and Yukio were twin sisters? Hetalia, which already has gender bended versions, wouldn't make a difference either way because they are countries. Yullen might be really cliche if Allen was a girl, plus, the storyline would change quite a bit. Beelzebub would have become a harem romcom. :cookiehand
Hmm, I think you have a point thar. About gender-switching. So in that sense, it really depends on the kind of scenarios these gender-switched characters are thrown into, y/y?

The 'genderbent' versions of the Hetalia nations are sort of different thought, because the creator himself has stated that they are not the same as their original counterparts, and have different personalities (example, fem!Italy does not behave/think the same way as normal!Italy).

Confession time: I feel guilty shipping two characters, considering how I've always thought I never was into the romantic/pairing aspect for this one series that I like. I don't really take the ship seriously, and I have even come up with 101 ways to disprove it and how LOLthiswillneverhappenincanonbecauseit'ssocrack.

I still find myself liking it regardless... and looking for doujinshi/pretty fanarts for it now... I feel shallow u_U

Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I confess that i prefer to imagine all the extra bromance in Shin Prince of Tennis than to read Bara.
But i will go back to Bara. I want know a few.

sPoT makes me feel guilty, those guys should be high schoolers to allow more fanfics. :yelling

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I confess if I was able to read Japanese, I would have a doujinshi collection rivalling Kousaka from Genshiken. :facepalm I would be broke, but somehow I'd find the money to buy some.

Eight BL doujinshi and counting, now. :derp

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I confess I think Ohtaka-sensei (of Magi) draws a lot of Jafar-related omake to kind of retcon the justification of people shipping him and Sinbad together. But I think its great because it gives him more of a personality than what is shown in canon. :lmao

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I confess that one of the first things that crossed my mind after Bleach recent chapters was: What about Bya-Renji?

I'm not ready to lose the Bya-Renji moments in Bleach. :crying

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I confess that I really want Naruto to end up with obito.