Other - BRACE (Behavioral Relativity And Cognitive Economics) Character Profile | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other BRACE (Behavioral Relativity And Cognitive Economics) Character Profile

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The BRACE (Behavioral Relativity And Cognitive Economics) Character Profile analysis can be taken online, and its way more 'official' than most online personality tests because its used by psychs, but even when used by psychs remember its not diagnostic. It will take time to self-evaluate yourself and you need to download an Excel file from their site as well to see your results.

First, go to http://braceanalysis.com/free_downloads/I and I Graphics and Charts generator.XLT and, if you need to, something to open it with such as OpenOffice or SSuite Office Excalibur release (I use OpenOffice).

Then fill out http://www.braceanalysis.com/clientarea/profile_hl.html before entering the data into the .xls file.

After opening the .xls file, click on Raw Data Entry and enter your answers, then see what you get as results in your Analysis Aide. Green results are suggested the most strongly, yellow results are less strongly suggested, red/pink results are negative and just ignore the grey ones.

These are the meanings of the twelve columns from left to right, and of the 'three core aspects of human nature'.

DSM-IV-TR
Column 1 = Paranoid Personality Disorder (301.0)
Column 2 = Schizoid Personality Disorder (301.20)
Column 3 = Schizotypal Personality Disorder (301.22)
Column 4 = Antisocial Personality Disorder (301.7)
Column 5 = Borderline Personality Disorder (301.83)
Column 6 = Histrionic Personality Disorder (301.50)
Column 7 = Narcissistic Personality Disorder (301.81)
Column 8 = Avoidant Personality Disorder (301.82)
Column 9 = Dependent Personality Disorder (301.6)
Column 10 = Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (301.4)

Non-DSM-IV-TR
Column 11 = prototypical 40-point Hare PCL-R
Column 12 = Asperger’s Disorder (299.80)

TYPE A
A pervasive pattern of seducibility and immaturity of thought based on self-delusion, fanciful flights into unrealistic expectations, and an absence of relevant and constructive focus; associated with a cultivated habit of self-justification based on simplistic generalizations and discriminations; marked by both cognitive and behavioral avoidance of the normal stresses of life; and, an enduring tendency to take the easy way to success.
Descriptive Name: Self-Deluded Simplistic Opportunist.
Locus of Dysfunction: Cognitive/Reasoning. (a problem of judgement, i.e., poor risk & opportunity management).
Primary Deficits: Immaturity of thought, lack of critical
thinking skills, and lack of adaptive effort.
Dominant Emotion: Fear.
Core Characteristics: Opportunistic and Irresponsible.

TYPE B
A pervasive pattern of active and competing opposition to legitimate authority and noncompliance with essential structure, associated with a preoccupation with matters of power and control, marked by increasingly deviant and violent countercontrolling strategies and tactics.
Descriptive Name: Oppositional Controlling Oppressor.
Locus Of Dysfunction: BehaviouralL/Interpersonal (a problem of method).
Primary Deficits: Lack of empathy, a lack of cooperation, and a marked absence of pro-social values.
Dominant Emotion: Anger.
Core Characteristics: Defiant and Violent.

TYPE C
A pervasive and progressive pattern of unearned and unwarranted self-reinforcement based on an unrestrained desire to experience first hand the limits of one’s physical, emotional and psychological being, all under the guise of self-expression and self-discovery.
Descriptive Name: Self-deifying Parasitic Hedonist.
Locus Of Dysfunction: existential/affective. (a problem of motive).
Primary Deficits: A lack of adaptive focus, a lack of regard for others, and a lack of self-discipline and self-restraint (i.e., self-control).
Dominant Emotion: Desire.
Core Characteristics: Deceptive and Hedonistic.

For example, these are my results.

DIAGNOSTIC CONSIDERATIONS
Overall

Green/Positive - prototypical 40-point Hare PCL-R (0.29), Antisocial Personality Disorder (0.27), Paranoid Personality Disorder (0.24)
Yellow/Maybe - Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (0.21)

Last edited:

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Ok, If I've understood this correctly I'm positive for Narcissism ( 0.24 )and a maybe for Histrionic Personality Disorder (0.22) . I also have 3 reds for
Paranoid Personality Disorder (-0.19), Avoidant Personality Disorder (-0.24), Dependent Personality Disorder (-0.33)
The rest are whites :)

I'm but a bit surprised, 'cause if I'm to believe this test I must be stupid poser :D I guess I didn't follow the rules of filling up the test (choose the less if you're in between)

still took 3/4 h to fill it :D

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
According to that you're most likely an 'amorous narcissist', Wizzard. You're obviously very independant as well.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
At least mentally :D

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Well I don't know you, but Millon defines the amorous narcissist as NPD with hystrionic features, and that's what you get.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
exactly half of that is true :D p.s. i think of myself more like the 2nd type

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

a combination between 'em :? :) amoral-yes, disloyal-no, fraudulent-no,deceptive-yes, arrogant-as seen but most people, but I strongly believe I'm not, it's just their own disability to divide objective from subjective that makes me one in their heads, con man-could be, charlatan-no, dominating-if i can, contemptuous-I just think one must first prove himself of any worth, still I follow the "Believe so you don't get lied to(not sure about the translation)", vindictive-I just don't like holding something back or feeling something is to be returned.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I feel special for no real reason, just because I feel unique, lucky and so forth..., I hate people who boast about being privileged or who think of themselves for something more than the rest Without a good reason (or a valid one at least). the rest is 'yes' except the 'by association' part (not really sure what it means)

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
exactly half of that is true :D p.s. i think of myself more like the 2nd type
If the test's right about the HPD as well as the narcissism, you'd be the third type.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
please elaborate :D

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
[admin=Kaiten]Online personality tests do not belong in General World Topics, nor should they be labeled "Economics". Please reserve General World Topics for topical issues, news, policy, and other objective discussions.This test should be taken for novelty purposes only, and discussed with that in mind.[/admin]

Last edited:

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
This test is not used by professional psychologists, and certainly not by anyone in the field of economics. This test should be taken for novelty purposes only, and discussed with that in mind.
The test actually has been presented professionally in two journals, but it goes without saying that self-testing isn't diagnostic and the website stresses that it only provides diagnostic considerations.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I found this "Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)"
for the 3-rd type and I do think like that just not to the extreme to deny other possibilities :) I like different people in any way :)

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
If the test's right about the HPD as well as the narcissism, you'd be the third type.
please elaborate :D
Well its self explanatory, really. Disorders rarely occur in isolation, in Millon's taxonomy of subtypes the 'amorous narcissist' has the strongest narcissistic traits, but also tendencies towards hystrionicism. The .img is from his website, but his books describe the subtypes in more detail.

If the tests accurate, the amorous subtype would fit your own results the best. If you search on Google Books for 'millon' and 'narcissistic' and 'hystrionic', you should find information (I can't copy and paste for you from Google Books).

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
None of the rest sound like me
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration
Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I found this "Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)"
for the 3-rd type and I do think like that just not to the extreme to deny other possibilities :) I like different people in any way :)
Yep, it sounds like a narcissist. I remember that's one of the DSM criteria, word for word. What do you mean by the third type? I thought you meant the amorous narcissist, which was the third from left to right in the .img file.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

If you're interested, I get accused of the fifth and ninth and sometimes the first, but I fit both six and seven of the current DSM criteria. I do lack empathy like narcissists, but I also lack a need for admiration which also defines narcissism. There are similarities between me and people diagnosed with NPD, but I don't fit the NPD concept.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Yep, it sounds like a narcissist. I remember that's one of the DSM criteria, word for word. What do you mean by the third type? I thought you meant the amorous narcissist, which was the third from left to right in the .img file.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

If you're interested, I get accused of the fifth and ninth and sometimes the first, but I fit both six and seven of the current DSM criteria. I do lack empathy like narcissists, but I also lack a need for admiration which also defines narcissism. There are similarities between me and people diagnosed with NPD, but I don't fit the NPD concept.
I'm very interested in any Instant messenging applications you use :D

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm very interested in any Instant messenging applications you use :D
I don't know what you think I can tell you, I'm not a psych, I just read up on certain things as relates to my own diagnoses - Pervasive Developmental Disorder and Conduct Disorder. (And also OCD as I got older.) I understand NPD only as it relates to factor 1, and HPD hardly at all, though it relates to factor 2 (esp. the disingenuous subtype of hystrionic). That's why I said to read Millon for a summary of his subtypes of NPD.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
yeah, but sounds much more interesting when told by an insider :D

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I don't think about something in particular, just find you very attractive in the intellectual meaning of the word :) special if you like :D

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
An insider of what? Because I'm diagnosed with something?

But thanks, just remember its narcs and not 'paths who seek praise lol.

wizzard

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
An insider of what? Because I'm diagnosed with something?

But thanks, just remember its narcs and not 'paths who seek praise lol.
Insider in the sense of someone who sees the world differently and in your case (probably) even if she want's she can't be normal and in my case even I don't even want

I'm not sure I understood it correctly cause I dislike tags on people and try to avoid 'em (the tags not the people(most of the time)) I like myself, big deal, I like others who like themselves or like me, also fine, but I dislike people who dislike me or themselves :D Still, I think our characters fit just nicely no matter the reason :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I'm in the bigger part self-sufficient so I can focus on other people not as potential worshipers but just as any other human beings :)

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't want to be 'normal' either, I don't understand 'normal'. I just wish I could reach out and touch sometimes but the 'wall' is there, that's the interpersonal deficit. I see the world differently to their perspective, they see meanings and I just see everything 'as is'. It's because they're held back by believing in meanings they only look at things in two dimensions and I see things in three.

If anyone gets a suggested diagnosis, it doesn't mean anything's 'wrong' with them if it isn't causing them distress.