Discussion - Bridgerton | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Bridgerton

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Netflix’s official synopsis for the series reads: “Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market.

“Hoping to follow in her parent’s footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivaled. But as her older brother begins to rule out her potential suitors, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown casts aspersions on Daphne.

“Enter the highly desirable and rebellious Duke of Hastings (Regé-Jean Page), committed bachelor and the catch of the season for the debutantes’ mamas. Despite proclaiming that they want nothing the other has to offer, their attraction is undeniable and sparks fly as they find themselves engaged in an increasing battle of wits while navigating society’s expectations for their future.”

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished binge-watching this series on Netflix…and I am hooked! In fact, I truly hope there is a second season of the series. Netflix has yet to confirm it but with 63 million people watching the series just a few days after been released, they will be crazy not to have a second season.

I liked the acting, the music, the costumes, the writing, I liked so many things about this series. And of course…Simon…yes, shipping girl activated…the actor portraying Simon made it so easy to fall for his character. But shipping girl aside, the series is pretty good and if there is another fan of it, I would love to talk about it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Bridgerton was a very good show. I liked the sex, but I also enjoy period shows and movies, and this was good.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bridgerton was a very good show. I liked the sex, but I also enjoy period shows and movies, and this was good.
Milly!!! So glad to see you posting in here.
You know that after watching this series, I was looking for another period drama show or movie to watch...I don't know if you could recommend me one?

Another reason why I liked this drama is because of its amazing OST, their decision to play modern songs with a classical touch it was incredible. In fact, I must say that there are sons which I liked its classical version way more than the original one.

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Milly!!! So glad to see you posting in here.
You know that after watching this series, I was looking for another period drama show or movie to watch...I don't know if you could recommend me one?

Another reason why I liked this drama is because of its amazing OST, their decision to play modern songs with a classical touch it was incredible. In fact, I must say that there are sons which I liked its classical version way more than the original one.
So am I, and other than Anya's Emma, I can't think of one that's recent.

Yep, and I loved the pianoforte too. Did you like the sex scenes though? :hurr

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
So am I, and other than Anya's Emma, I can't think of one that's recent.
Is it on Netflix?

Yep, and I loved the pianoforte too.
Do you mean the song that Daphne was playing in the series?

Did you like the sex scenes though? :hurr
Yes, I did.
I mean...the actors and the intimacy coach and everybody did a great job with those scenes and, of course, the chemistry between the actors was electrifying.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Is it on Netflix?

Do you mean the song that Daphne was playing in the series?

Yes, I did.
I mean...the actors and the intimacy coach and everybody did a great job with those scenes and, of course, the chemistry between the actors was electrifying.
I don't think so. It's on HBO Max, but I saw the movie through a friend's Movies Anywhere account.

I think so. When she was playing the pianoforte anyway.

Honestly yeah, it was done tastefully, and there was emotion involved. Game of Thrones could never

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think so. It's on HBO Max, but I saw the movie through a friend's Movies Anywhere account.
Ohh...I don't have HBO Max so I am not going to be able to watch it. However, I have started watching another series on Netflix...it is not a period series...but the first episode of this new series was pretty good.

I think so. When she was playing the pianoforte anyway.
Daphe plays the piano in various scenes but my favorite is this one:

Honestly yeah, it was done tastefully, and there was emotion involved. Game of Thrones could never
They were romantic and I agree they were tastefully done. There are many reasons why those scenes worked so well. Beginning with the chemistry between the actors, but most importantly, Shanda decided to use an intimacy coordinator for Bridgerton and that made all the difference. I don't know if GOT used an intimacy coordinator for its sex scenes...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What series?

I don't think GoT did, they just wanted shock value and all, while Bridgerton likely cared about the quality. I also liked the racial equality that existed, even if it was explained mainly because of the interracial marriage between the king and the queen and not because Black people are equal.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
What series?
Lupin. I just finished watching episode 1 and I quite enjoyed it. It also helps that the main character is one of my favorite French actors. I liked him since The Untouchables movie.

I don't think GoT did, they just wanted shock value and all, while Bridgerton likely cared about the quality.
I completely agree. In Bridgerton, even the little details were taken care of.
I read a commentary saying that if Rege and Phoebe would have been the main actors in 50 Shades of Gray the movie might have been worth watching it.

I am glad that the production decided not to turn Bridgerto is another series with lots of empty sex...rather they created something completely different.

I also liked the racial equality that existed, even if it was explained mainly because of the interracial marriage between the king and the queen and not because Black people are equal.
I liked the diversity in the cast. I liked how they were brave enough to cast someone different from what the books described because they realized that Rege was Simon, they realized that Rege imbued the essence of the character even though he looked different to the Simon from the books.

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
They also did take some liberties, like how Simon in the books wasn't a boxer, apparently.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
They also did take some liberties, like how Simon in the books wasn't a boxer, apparently.
They did take some liberties, but in my opinion, those liberties and changes made the story better.
The essence of the story and the characters is there in the series, but IMHO, the writing of the story is better in the series…

Like the garden scene is different in the books, but I liked it way better in the series. The scene of the boxing match with Daphe, Simon and the Prince isn’t the books but is in the series and it makes us realize how jealous Simon is and how he has realized he has fallen for Daphe.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I found this video postcast about Bridgerton and I found the reviews of the episodes quite funny and entertaining so I decided to share them here.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
eh, you've read the books so you'd know better