Question - Can Baam actually be anima too? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Can Baam actually be anima too?

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Anima (부리미, Boorimi; or "Charmer") is a special Position and refers to someone who subjugates (부림, boorim; "to make someone into a servant") and controls Shinheuh and other creatures to do their bidding.[1][2] An Anima is quite rare, even among Rankers.
Lo Po Bia Family acquired the skill.Not everyone from the Lo Po Bia Family is an Anima, but they all have the potential and a few Lo Po Bia elites have abilities that are on a whole new level from standard Anima.[3]

By subjugating creatures, one can get information or use the creature and its abilities directly into battle.

Shinheuh (신해어 (神海魚) sinhaeeo, literally "divine sea fish" or "divine sea aquatic animal") refers to the various creatures encountered in the Tower.
While the literal translation does mean "aquatic animal", because Shinsoo itself means "divine water", the term actually refers to any animal that lives and depends on Shinsoo. Examples of Shinheuh include species like Mangdol Whales, White Steel Eels and Striped Ground Pigs.

We have seen Baam takin the souls from Hoaquin and Red Trysia too.So if Shinheuh are spirits can he control them?I think Baam can control Shinheuh in the future.Like some legendary spirit beast as his pet.

Or can Actually Baam create his own spirit beast like Enryu created live from shinso?

Last edited:

Kadir0

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
He is already an anima, his pet is Rak!

Joke aside, i think he can. The dude has a monstrous talent and devours powers without a limit. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gains such a pet later.

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
He should have.I read in the wikia paige comment that the thorn is actually like a bowl you keep Shinheuh.So Baam collect shinso quality inside like Anima collect their beast in a bowl.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It would make a lot of sense if you consider his monstrous potential for pilfering abilities and powers with such ease.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Bam has never displayed any ability that really hints at him being an anima. As in, subjugating a shineiu and keeping it in a bowl. No clue if this is something bam can currently do. That said, I could envision numerous scenarios where bam acquires anima or anima like skills.

The first would be that bam becomes and anima via devouring anima talents so to speak. How he would accomplish this I don't know but it wouldn't be that weird if he could devour skills from people in this regard.

the second would be.... that bam's devouring goes even further than what we have seen so far. So he straight up devours shineiu and keeps them within him and thus they become him. If he does then then he'd effectively surpass anima as we understand them.

That said, it is worth noting shinheuh are not spirits. Only elaine's was and that is because she was from a special branch. However they are not that in general, most of them are real animals within the tower. Perhaps elaine's wolf thing would be easier for bam to devour than a real animal though.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bam did eat Lecalicus. And although unlikely, he might have eaten the stingray we never Saw where It went.

However, I don't think he Will be able to Control Shinheuh. That's an inherent ability that regulars have already displayed since Floor 20. He clearly has no talent for It.

My opinion is that Grace family and Lo Po Bia have similar and yet different abilities, kind of like Arie and Ari. Except Lo Po Bia get favors from Common fish and even people, while Grace get favors from ethereal entities, such as the spells.