Question - Can Team Soma survive the Promotion Exam? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Can Team Soma survive the Promotion Exam?

Can Soma and his friends survive the Promotion Exam?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, this is much too easy to put such question but the recent chapter's cliffhanger got me a bit both excitement to see how our Team Hero to turn the table for the good. Sorry, got me too exciting over there. Anyways, lets talk about the Yukihira Genius and friends' first day of the Promotion Exam, a.k.a., the Battle of Hokkaido. Yep, its the Winter edition of the Hellish Camp again with two major differences:
  1. Students have to go around Hokkaido in order to get pass the exam where the island is their last stop
  2. The event itself is supervised by fellas from the Central, so anything that is not reach to its standards will be considered as eliminated.
Putting that aside, the Central has something "special" for our heroes as they are given a low quality ingredients for their first dish. Meaning? We may know for sure that the Central is going to rid anyone who are antagonizing the Central and its methods, adding the fact that Azami's ambition in perfecting the cuisine also involving damaging people's premises, I mean restaurant. However, this would be just a warm up for the Central in their first attempt to break their willpower with various roadblocks. Yuki became the first to (almost) fall when her optimism quickly turn to despair over a merely set up, don't know how many of them also falling that. Also, nearly everyone belittles against Soma and friends for their defiance against the Central and their methods: Students who were under Azami's "teaching" are feel free to mock those are defying the Central's work while clinging to his "guarantees" to pass ; the teachers who are in charge on the other hand are Azami's pro supporters (guess Chapelle is the only sane person to see Azami's farce) and will do however they can to keep Erina away from her new friends. However, Soma, as a pro he is, isn't going to throw his towel over just yet as he has a plan to reverse their situation. We see countless time how Soma able to overcome his ordeal and give us unexpected surprises. Considering the standards given by the Central, it would need more than that to gain acknowledgements from even the Central supporters and "followers"

So here is the question of the day, can Soma and his friends able to overcome this cruel game and made to the island before the others?

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, this is much too easy to put such question but the recent chapter's cliffhanger got me a bit both excitement to see how our Team Hero to turn the table for the good. Sorry, got me too exciting over there. Anyways, lets talk about the Yukihira Genius and friends' first day of the Promotion Exam, a.k.a., the Battle of Hokkaido. Yep, its the Winter edition of the Hellish Camp again with two major differences:
  1. Students have to go around Hokkaido in order to get pass the exam where the island is their last stop
  2. The event itself is supervised by fellas from the Central, so anything that is not reach to its standards will be considered as eliminated.
Putting that aside, the Central has something "special" for our heroes as they are given a low quality ingredients for their first dish. Meaning? We may know for sure that the Central is going to rid anyone who are antagonizing the Central and its methods, adding the fact that Azami's ambition in perfecting the cuisine also involving damaging people's premises, I mean restaurant. However, this would be just a warm up for the Central in their first attempt to break their willpower with various roadblocks. Yuki became the first to (almost) fall when her optimism quickly turn to despair over a merely set up, don't know how many of them also falling that. Also, nearly everyone belittles against Soma and friends for their defiance against the Central and their methods: Students who were under Azami's "teaching" are feel free to mock those are defying the Central's work while clinging to his "guarantees" to pass ; the teachers who are in charge on the other hand are Azami's pro supporters (guess Chapelle is the only sane person to see Azami's farce) and will do however they can to keep Erina away from her new friends. However, Soma, as a pro he is, isn't going to throw his towel over just yet as he has a plan to reverse their situation. We see countless time how Soma able to overcome his ordeal and give us unexpected surprises. Considering the standards given by the Central, it would need more than that to gain acknowledgements from even the Central supporters and "followers"

So here is the question of the day, can Soma and his friends able to overcome this cruel game and made to the island before the others?
They have the teams and the power to drive them...this will be like a walk in the park.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
We haven't seen any of the main characters removed from the school yet, have we? I think after after every challenge is overcome, Erina will gather up her new friends and continue coaching them. If she continues to teach them, they won't loose. I'm looking forward to the chapter when Central realizes that Erina is not on their side. Who will the students jeer at, Azami or Erina?

Mighty Action X

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
There's no way that real talented chefs would lose to bootlickers.

Zekiel

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
i have a feeling some will fail this..... like the weaker members of psd.......They may be seperated into weakling groups as the challenges get harder and the rules of each event changes...... there has to be some that are defeated in this..... otehrwise you cant call it a war..........

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
i have a feeling some will fail this..... .... there has to be some that are defeated in this..... otehrwise you cant call it a war..........
You know, we think that would be the case, but SNS has never really given us true drama. It's comfort zone has always been a comedy/ cooking series. Maybe that is because they have been patiently developing the characters so you will care about them when they are threatened. The promotion exam could be the turning point if Tsukuda wants to take the tone of the series to the next level.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know, we think that would be the case, but SNS has never really given us true drama. It's comfort zone has always been a comedy/ cooking series. Maybe that is because they have been patiently developing the characters so you will care about them when they are threatened. The promotion exam could be the turning point if Tsukuda wants to take the tone of the series to the next level.
it needs to otherwise it will boring... azami was a step in the right development for characters like erina to be takn more seriously......because of that there has to be stories that build the characters up

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
i have a feeling some will fail this..... like the weaker members of psd.......They may be seperated into weakling groups as the challenges get harder and the rules of each event changes...... there has to be some that are defeated in this..... otehrwise you cant call it a war..........
Expulsion is akin to character death and it's rare for main cast to lose someone so early in a lot of Shounen.

If a major expulsion happens it will be in their 2nd year.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Expulsion is akin to character death and it's rare for main cast to lose someone so early in a lot of Shounen.

If a major expulsion happens it will be in their 2nd year.
yea but a "WAR" With no one on the hero side lost? Even in naruto the heroes side there were deaths (neji etc) That destroys the credibility of azami's skills........ That will feel equavelent to FT status where NAKANAZ SAVE DA DAY!.Lame...... tsukada should up the risk of trying to dethrone a dictator

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
yea but a "WAR" With no one on the hero side lost? Even in naruto the heroes side there were deaths (neji etc) That destroys the credibility of azami's skills........ That will feel equavelent to FT status where NAKANAZ SAVE DA DAY!.Lame...... tsukada should up the risk of trying to dethrone a dictator
Just because they are Rebels doesn't mean we are in a full blown war.

Neji was the singular death in the main cast?

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just because they are Rebels doesn't mean we are in a full blown war.

Neji was the singular death in the main cast?
its a battleground.........or should i say one of them..... singular death or not my point stands

For the sake of azami as a villian being a threat and credible someone has to go imo..... at least one......

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool down guys, this is the cooking manga we're talking about here, not war manga (such as Kingdoms and Vanadis series) nor another weekly horror show. Can we stop talking like somebody is going to lose their life? You're not expect something dies in the Cooking Manga, aren't you?

No, there are no weak members in the PSD, only weak-willed people because some of them easily throw their white towels just because of some changes of the rules and don't know how to retaliate. With Yuki is the first to almost feel the despair hadn't Soma encourages her not to give up too easily, you should know better that their challenge are just the beginning. Soma's ideas about fighting back is crazy, yes, but you really cannot deny his controversial (yes, everybody is still pissed over Soma's 6-0 against Eizan but I am for one is much, MUCH happier that way 'cause its called karma.) victory against his longtime rival Eizan serves as a proof to Azami and his administration that not everyone is weak as the director assumed to be. The Yukihira Genius's infamous message after Eizan's defeat is one of prime examples. In conclusion, strong willpower and dedication are what Soma and his friends really need in order to by most of the Central given obstacles.

its a battleground.........or should i say one of them..... singular death or not my point stands

For the sake of azami as a villian being a threat and credible someone has to go imo..... at least one......
C'mon, if that scene prove Azami's villainy, then it is way just sad. I mean yeah, Azami did created the Central Faction in order to fulfill his desire to control Tootsuki and Japan cuisine under his rule. However, do keep in mind that this is one of his many attempts to break the "peons" who don't shared his ideology or meet the Central's expectations. Those who are in Azami's class are likely the ones who are easily broken since they just only see just Azami's cooking only. You want to see your cronies to enjoy the "losers'" despair for not being a part of Azami's "ideal society"? How 'bout laugh at yourself for fail to comprehend the true definition about making a life as a journey?

Not to mention that what he did recently has contradicts what he said in his first speech about how everyone will receive "equality" in their school life, and you what? It is almost like a quote from Animal Farm where the animals are more "superior" than their peers. If Azami assume that plan he made will break the guys like Soma, maybe he need to evaluate more 'cause the son of the Hall of Famer is as resourceful and creative as he can be, he even might humble Azami's herd of sheep and open their mind.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cool down guys, this is the cooking manga we're talking about here, not war manga (such as Kingdoms and Vanadis series) nor another weekly horror show. Can we stop talking like somebody is going to lose their life? You're not expect something dies in the Cooking Manga, aren't you?

No, there are no weak members in the PSD, only weak-willed people because some of them easily throw their white towels just because of some changes of the rules and don't know how to retaliate. With Yuki is the first to almost feel the despair hadn't Soma encourages her not to give up too easily, you should know better that their challenge are just the beginning. Soma's ideas about fighting back is crazy, yes, but you really cannot deny his controversial (yes, everybody is still pissed over Soma's 6-0 against Eizan but I am for one is much, MUCH happier that way 'cause its called karma.) victory against his longtime rival Eizan serves as a proof to Azami and his administration that not everyone is weak as the director assumed to be. The Yukihira Genius's infamous message after Eizan's defeat is one of prime examples. In conclusion, strong willpower and dedication are what Soma and his friends really need in order to by most of the Central given obstacles.

C'mon, if that scene prove Azami's villainy, then it is way just sad. I mean yeah, Azami did created the Central Faction in order to fulfill his desire to control Tootsuki and Japan cuisine under his rule. However, do keep in mind that this is one of his many attempts to break the "peons" who don't shared his ideology or meet the Central's expectations. Those who are in Azami's class are likely the ones who are easily broken since they just only see just Azami's cooking only. You want to see your cronies to enjoy the "losers'" despair for not being a part of Azami's "ideal society"? How 'bout laugh at yourself for fail to comprehend the true definition about making a life as a journey?

Not to mention that what he did recently has contradicts what he said in his first speech about how everyone will receive "equality" in their school life, and you what? It is almost like a quote from Animal Farm where the animals are more "superior" than their peers. If Azami assume that plan he made will break the guys like Soma, maybe he need to evaluate more 'cause the son of the Hall of Famer is as resourceful and creative as he can be, he even might humble Azami's herd of sheep and open their mind.
basically what I want is this...... for azami to step his game up and put the pressure on the resistance to the point one of them is lost to central/expelled otherwise as a villain he'll just be a joke. The AE finalist will survive but the weak weaker chefs of the resistance may lose.......

If they all survive then azami was never a threat to begin with

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
After this latest chapter(174) I think the former 3 E10 are working in the background to make sure the rebellious students are not expelled. My hunch is that Rindou is proving them with information to help them decide how to thwart Azami's plans.

If this is the situation, I don't think anyone from PSD will fail the promotion exams.

Last edited: