Question - Can't report mods' posts or their profile? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Can't report mods' posts or their profile?

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hi.

Ladylola here. I noticed that the last two times I tried to report a mod's post, I was notified by at least one of the mods that it didn't work, and he urged me to report his profile.

And I see that mods profiles don't have that option either.

In that case how can we even report any problem if let's say a mod broke the forum rules, which can happen?

Thanks for the feedback.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Members can report posts of moderators, all mods don't see all reports, perhaps this was what caused the confusion. Can you report this post of mine for example?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can indeed report your post if I wished Pat. @ladylola are you sure you didn't just miss the button?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I can indeed report your post if I wished Pat. @ladylola are you sure you didn't just miss the button?
Thanks captain obvious,but if you read my post you'd know that the problem isn't on our end, I can hit the report post but the mods don't get the actual report.At least that's what a former mod told me when I reported his post and if you go on the profile of @Pat for example, there is no option to report his profile (it's one of the three options at the top).
But for regular members the option is there.

Since reporting mods posts don't work apparently, and reporting their profile isn't even an option, then there is no way to get to report mods on this site.

Anyway I reported your post @Pat can you confirm it works?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah, my bad. So it's a fairness issue then. The Mods have no Post Deletion Guidelines, so they delete on their own whims, and you can't report them. They're members just like everyone else here, so the Forum Rules still apply...

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Reporting a user is most likely tied to being able to put them on an ignore list. This is set up this way for obvious reasons and the function is probably inherited. The ability to report a user is usually only useful for someone reporting an adbot or someone creating duplicate accounts in an obvious and deliberate way, but it slips by our detection system.

If there is an issue on the forum regarding behavior, there's no operative difference between reporting a user or reporting a post. One can even report a message that's a part of a conversation (private message). Someone will see it. The implication of anything else is either a misunderstanding or a misconception.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Reporting a user is most likely tied to being able to put them on an ignore list. This is set up this way for obvious reasons and the function is probably inherited. The ability to report a user is usually only useful for someone reporting an adbot or someone creating duplicate accounts in an obvious and deliberate way, but it slips by our detection system.

If there is an issue on the forum regarding behavior, there's no operative difference between reporting a user or reporting a post. One can even report a message that's a part of a conversation (private message). Someone will see it. The implication of anything else is either a misunderstanding or a misconception.
But who gets the report, the admins? Also seems to me you should update the guidelines for the new mods and mention that mods reports work, as well as the fact that you can't put a mod on your ignore list. There's a few misconceptions about that as well.

But thanks @Pat since you're the one who bothered checking, and yeah I just put some gibberish there since I was in a hurry.☺

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
But who gets the report, the admins? Also seems to me you should update the guidelines for the new mods and mention that mods reports work, as well as the fact that you can't put a mod on your ignore list. There's a few misconceptions about that as well.
I already answered your question. Regardless of whether you report a post, a PM, or a user, a staffer will see it.

Misconceptions among who? Why are you concerned about such a guide exactly?

Staff groups can't be added to the ignore list because they're...staffers. People who moderate discussion shouldn't be able to be ignored. That's completely counter-productive to the idea of a forum being moderated. For example, if a moderator posts in a thread and instructs people to get back ontopic, and a user can't see this message, they open themselves up to problems that were totally avoidable. Why would we put obstacles in place for moderators to moderate their section(s)?