Question - Caska's nationality/ethnicity | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Caska's nationality/ethnicity

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Caska Kushanian?.........

:headscratch

definitely not from....Midland

:nah

let me probe a bit more on this....what part will the Kushan prince play in the fellowship...and is he some relation to Caska?

Last edited:

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Caska's nationallity

If the continent that Midland exists in is a fictional/similar version of Europe, then it is possible that Caska might be the Berserk version of middle-eastern descent. The village that she came from must have been close to Midland. Maybe their version of southern Spain/Northern Africa? I don't believe she is black due to her straight hair and facial features. So my best bet would be that she is of Kushan descent.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

finally someone threw me a bone....thanx Aazholh

well,close to Midland I agree...maybe an overlapping of Midland empire and the Kushan.to be honest,who's to say where Griffith was comin from when he happened upon her.
we know he did have an affair with the Duldrey vicelord/duke/etc...so he may have very well been travelling through Kushan territories...

plus,there is something about the Kushan prince that just screams to me...he is of some relation to Caska...but that is only my speculation.but,i think we can all agree that he will be joining the fellowship in the future...because we know he is no friend nor wants an alliance with Griffith/gods hand/demons

TrieuDL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France

I actually never thought of her of being a different ethnicity than any other character in midland. I just figured it was fantasy so whatever goes. Kushan does seem plausible now that you mention it though

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

not to stretch it....but pippen may also be kushan.the band of the hawk was predominately children/teens,maybe refugees/orphans from not only the midland kingdom but kushan also....

TrieuDL

Reaction score
Country
France

actually, i'm going back to my original thought. i don't think caska or pippen for that matter were anything other than regular midlanders. of course i don't have anything to support this-- i think the artist just happened to give them darker skin because he felt like it

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

:cookiehand

you sure she from midland?.........

:headscratch

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

her brethren...and a bunch of pippen clones

:toc

nah...seriously.her and the kushan prince look closer in ethnicity than...caska is to gats....who is relatively dark for a midlander

most midlanders are blonds or dirty blond to brown hair....fair skin

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

now that I think about it...gats and Griffith may be foreignors to both kingdoms

gats size and jet black hair and Griffith's white hair

:o

Last edited:

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, remember at Albion, she stuck out like a sore thumb. She is definitely of another ethnicity. However, I've always assumed that Pippin was just white, but a had a dark tan due to working in the sun or something to that nature.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, remember at Albion, she stuck out like a sore thumb. She is definitely of another ethnicity. However, I've always assumed that Pippin was just white, but a had a dark tan due to working in the sun or something to that nature.
his facial features say otherwise to me....but that's just me I guess

Aazholh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, that is why Berserk is so great - it's up to anyone's interpretation. It's only a story after all, nothing is set in stone and no one person is right about everything.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm just trying to think outside the box....there is so much to explore and discuss within this almost 25yr old classic

RedBerserk

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think that Caska is supposed to be Kushian or a different ethniticy, i've always assumed that she is one of those manga character that are "darker", there should be a name for this thing (like there is the ganguro style for example), if you think about it in the manga there is a war ongoing with the Kushians and no one ever bothered Caska or even asked her about it, even when she was in the band of the hawk no one said anything and she went in the castle where the elites of the Midlands lived etc.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
she was part of a band of mecenaries...muchless the 2nd strongest until gats arrived...

as far as the nobles...who would have opposed the members of the hawks after duldrey(kushan/chudar/etc)....not even the king

caska is unlike any other midlander we've seen thus far...even the prostitution ring...no one even looked close to her

i don't see why this is so far-fetched...the hawks were composed of juveniles....i'm sure a kushan or two fell thru the cracks,not counting caska

killy-.-

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
She does look like Iranian, or Turkish ..

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Another Dark skin character Gerenal Bosech Wasn't kushian he was like tudor or something that is the nation north of midland I think.
Griffith met Caska afar from midland this was when he was scouting all over for troops.
In fact I think Guts as a young merc fought for the tudor whatever they are when they forced the band of the hawk to abandon where Guts killed that massive guy.

jakensama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
South asian (Indian, Nepal, Bangledesh) or Middle Eastern. Most manga/anime dark skinned characters seem to fit that.