Seinen - Cavalier of the Abyss by Ga On Bi & JUDER | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Cavalier of the Abyss by Ga On Bi & JUDER

So how is the Manga?

• meh, average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dun like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Sequel to Immortal Regis. Reading the entirety of the prequel is highly recommended, otherwise, this story from chapter 4 on will spoil it and/or be confusing.

Cavalier of the Abyss (so far) is set only in the world of Chaos. There is now a Regis of Chaos. [source Baka update]

Immortal regis: One day, suddenly... a night where the moon shines like never before, a boy meets the otherworldly Serin, a denizen of Chaos, only to die and become the undead. Now immortal, he can no longer exist with humans due to an ancient law... A tale of revelations that begins as he returns to Chaos, the start of a new adventure! [source Baka update]

The plot takes place long after the ending of Immortal Regis, Jae (IR's main)is evil and badass now, he was a negative and after the predicament (ending of IR) he went over to become ultra powerful and ultra evil too.
Havent caught up with release as i merely finished IR and just started CotA.
There seems to be a new undead main (well may be ther are 2 mains if i include Nex(the old jae has changed his name to Nex or may be its his title))

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss (sequel to Immortal Regis)

oh lol i already dropped immortal regis :XD it has a good start, but started to be confusing, the story was going too fast, too many characters, the main char was kinda boring, basically he just run all the manga and listen to everyone telling him "i gonna give u power". i dropped it at chapter 32 or something like that i think, it's was totally nonsense :p
maybe i'll check cavalier of the abyss

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss (sequel to Immortal Regis)

if you dont finish IR then i dont think CotA would be a good manga for you
i mean its even hard for me to get wahts happening
thats y the last option for the poll
hope you ll enjoy it

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I read through Immortal Regis today (I'm sick at home) and got to chapter 12 of Cavalier of the Abyss.

Yeah, I feel like Regis was supposed to be longer but then it got rushed or something. There isn't real background or subtle foreshadowing. People just pop out and it can get confusing at times.

So far, I don't like Cavalier that much. It's after the time skip, after all and there's just too much that happened in between and I really don't like the results. During these 12 chapters, plot got even more confusing than Regis at times and I'm not sure if I have the patience to read through it all. Hard to explain without spoiling, so I won't.

EDIT: Oh wow, just got a look at the date. Found this thread through Google so I didn't check.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
lol, i forgot i created this thread in the first place. It has been a long time i hve checked the manhwa. Over all Cavaliers starting was abrupt but if you go further it fills in the past stories of what happened.
So if you liked IR i think it wont be a bad read if you continue :)

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
lol, i forgot i created this thread in the first place. It has been a long time i hve checked the manhwa. Over all Cavaliers starting was abrupt but if you go further it fills in the past stories of what happened.
So if you liked IR i think it wont be a bad read if you continue :)
Oh hi. Yeah, I just finished today. Story does pick up a lot a few chapters after and the story gets a lot better after you see things aren't quite like they seem. The flashback was REALLY neccessary and things don't look as dark as they seemed in first dozen chapters. There are some really emotional moments there. Especially when you remember the first page in which little bro appeared at the beginning of Regis.

XYZ23456

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
I can't understand this. What does Jaehoon/Caladborg want? By killing all those guards to get to Nex, he easily alienates Nex. So it seems his intention is to taunt Nex.

But he does tremble when Nex says he cherishes Jaehoon the most. He also does say "What will it take for you to accept me, brother?" when washed up next to Siana.

So, is it possible that he does like his brother a lot, but lacks a conscience partly due to having Cladborg inserted in him? Or we could also conclude that this is Caladborg's way of trying to lower Nex's defences. But if that were to be the case then he wouldn't have tried to kill all those soldiers to get to Nex? Unless again, Caladborg lacks a conscience and his machinations fail bacause of his lack of understanding of Nex's emotions?

I'm not sure at all!

And from the last chapter (ch 63), I think that Serin was convinced for some reason that Jaehoon was indeed Jaehoon and not being manipulated by Caladborg. Nex thought she had been brainwashed by Caladborg's lies and imprisoned her possibly because of some action she took under that effect. Maybe she was brainwashed, maybe she wasn't. Not sure here either.

Nabuma

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Wow this thread is ancient. I guess it's not very popular here :) I personally find it worthwhile and it's a shame translations aren't regular

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I liked Immortal Regis but didn't enjoyed reading its sequel. I just gave a quick glance on like 20 chapters. It's terribly boring & slow paced.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The first series was interesting but when it comes to the sequel, it starts to get quite confusing. Even so, I didn't mind it. Just have to read with full concentration. However the translations aren't so regular and I'm afraid that I may forget how the story goes. :)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like I'm too dumb for this series. I've tried to read it like 4 times and each and every time I just get completely lost. Especially when it comes to how it connects to the first series.

It seems like something I'd like if I could just figure out what the heck is going on.

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The write-up in the "wiki" may help a little. Additionally there are other sites that have active discussion which may benefit in the comprehension of the story.

Seriously speaking, many people are in the "twilight zone" as the plot goes, particularly the details of it. I'm just as lost as anyone else. haha :)

AAM1232

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Up to Chapter 143, with some shocking developments!