Chapter 23 - when water flows | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 23 - when water flows

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Several years ago

"Son this is good news. My advice is doing it."

"Certainly, I wanna do this mother. I certainly am interested in becoming a bookman. But I am doubting on going away."

"Why? My son"

"Because father left us, and I..."

Legno was interrupted immediately by his mother

"Son, I don't wanna be the reason of such an unwise decision. You have innocence, you are borned to be good. Become a strong wise man. I can take care for your little brother and myself"

"But, this world is dangerous. Akuma, Noah, the Earl. If I am gone I will never be able to protect you and bro."

"Son, you say it yourself. Your heart is telling you to go. If you wanna protect me and bro, you have to train."

"Well then it's decided"

Legno smiled. He felt himself good after such a great chat with his mom. Mom was everything to legno. When he was feeling unsure, or down, chatting with his mom made him feel better. The wisedom he got, was certainly from his mom.

- At his room -

"Brother, is true you're going away". "Affirmative" answered legno. "But who's going to playe hide and seek with me, who can I bully throwing food to?" asked his brother back then. "You'll have something important to do. You're old enough to protect mom" answered legno. "That sounds like a stupid game to me". Legno smiled, knowing his answers weren't the answers his little brother expected. He couldn't come up with something better. Maybe fear of the feeling of not going had to do with it...

- Months later -

"So you miss your mother, little man" smiled the earl, "I can bring her back if you want to. All you have to do is cry out her name, and she'll come back by your desperate voice" The little boy smiled, and said: "you are my friend". Crying out: "mooooooooooootttttttthhhhhheeeeerrrrrrrrrr"

- Years later -

"Nothing so sweet as home, nothing so nice to see my family back" Walking with his wooden stick legno arrived at his mansion. "Mother, I am back" said legno. Slowly he entered the mansion. Legno didn't know why he was walking so carefully. Was it fear? Was it out of curiosity? Entering the hall he saw a sheadow in front of him. "Brother, is that you? Man you've grown. No more hide and seek for you. I see. But where's mother?": asked legno
Brother smiled back, saying: "welcome she is behind you". Legno turned around, not seeing his mother. He felt something cold against his neck. Legno turned down his head, thinking about what he would see. In fact, he thought of not turning around, because he knew exactly what was standing after him.

"Before you kill me, can you say me how she died" asked legno. The akuma answered:"after I killed you I wanna say". Legno didn't do anything. He stood there. He was thinking, that it was all his fault. He shouldn't have gone away. If he didn't go, none of this would have happened. "It's all my fault this happened. Kill me?": asked legno. The akuma answered dry: "with pleasure". Legno then himself was thinking about lots of things.

"Son, I don't wanna be the reason of such an unwise decision. You have innocence, you are borned to be good. Become a strong wise man. I can take care for your little brother and myself"

"But, this world is dangerous. Akuma, Noah, the Earl. If I am gone I will never be able to protect you and bro."

"Son, you say it yourself. Your heart is telling you to go. If you wanna protect me and bro, you have to train."

"Sensei how can you fight an akuma. Knowing humans and souls are involved to it. How could you have killed your own father as an akuma"

"Fighting out of love for those who became victim of becoming an akuma. The love for people you care, doesn't that make you strong enough legno to beat those instruments capturing those you love"

Legno raised his head. "Thank you sensei, thank you mother. You have made of me the strong man I wished for. Your words are something I'll always keep in my heart. Farewell and arigato". "So that was your last wish" said the akuma

"Innocence activated". Legno turned around, jumped towards the akuma laying down his hand on the head of the akuma. "Sorry, brother, sorry mother. Wooden trial" Out of the sleeve, a wooden stick appeared in the hand of legno. He putted the end of the stick on the head of the akuma. Legno stood on the ground turning his back to the akuma. "Hahaha, is this it?". Legno answered: "Trees consists out of wood, and to exist they need water. My stick needs it water too. Sayonara". The akuma dissapeared. Legno walked on the mansion, with his stick bowing to the ground he walked a way. It was the least he could do to undergo his sin. Bowing is a recognition of a sin.

Krrrep, Krrrep. Awakening from sleeping against a tree. It is a dream he always has when legno is sleeping. The sound that awakaned him came nearby. Krrrep, Krrrep. And there it stood in front of him....

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
wonderful flashback :)
i wonder what/who is in front of legno... :D

i'll want to post my chapter now, but i'll need a reply from snoogen0120 to see if her chapter will coincide with the end of mine...

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice background story! So tragic and sad though. Anyway, it was very decriptive and I could imagine the scene with your brother in my head. It reminded me of John and Leo... ::sniff sniff::

Oooooooooo... I think I have something in mind for your character :)

tune said:
i'll want to post my chapter now, but i'll need a reply from snoogen0120 to see if her chapter will coincide with the end of mine...
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I had class in the morning (9am is too early!). I look forward to seeing it

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Uih, a nice and long flasback. ^_^ like it.
So Legno's mother turned into an Akuma cause the little brother wanted her back and the Earl granted the wish? And when Legno came home years later, he killed his mother aka the akuma? Is that right?

"Bowing is a recognition of a sin."
This sounds really cool *O*

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I kinda make it that long years because I wanted to make it harder the fact an akuma stands there before him after several years...

+ the bowing is a recognition of sin, came up in my thoughts. Walking with a stick suddenly, bowing over. I had to find a reason for that, and that's was the sin part he accepted

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i'm really looking forward to your future development of legno :) there's a great promise for the possibilities of what could happen to change him... :D

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
With Legno I pictured an old guy who walked around with his little stick and then when his Innocence activated he would turn into the guy who made the girls jaws drop that would be a funny thing to have and we need more funny! lol Tabbyis carrying tha burden on her shoulders

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think all excorsists and noahs have a burden. Lenalee, allen, kanda, skin, they all seem to have a burden.

Why can I not go with that. + it is a flashback, I could behave myself funny. The walking is only the walking, the characteistics are not setted yet

@tune: yep the stick can do more, my first attack (I hope you guys agree) was kinda original. And I have some attackings in my mind