Chapter 98: Bon Voyage | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 98: Bon Voyage

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 98: Bon Voyage

The Noah stood, her coat billowing in the wind, stance firm, and her gun pointed straight at Daniel, who had his gun pointed at Anlen.
“Care for a gun fight boy?”
Guns started blazing, Daniel swung a door open and hid behind it, using it to block the barrage of bullets.
Damn Daniel thought, she was good, but then again he was a rookie and she was a Noah. Daniel looked out from behind the door and ducked back as a second volley of bullets hit where his face had just been. Okay looks like Flames is still busy, I’ll have to be the bait for a bit longer, but that doesn’t mean I have to be a wimp. Daniel pushed down on the hammer and he could feel all the sound disappear on the ship and all of it was being absorbed by his gun.

Belle searched through the ship thoroughly, being sure not to miss anyone. She was left with the responsibility to find and secure whoever was left, and certain members were still quite obviously suspicious of her.
As she moved through the ship she came across the door, she pushed and pulled on it, but it wouldn’t budge. She tried to find another way through but this was the only way to get to the passengers rooms, where some crewmates might take refuge. She looked around and found a small ventilation opening and used her baton to pry it open. Once off she slid into the ventilation shaft which turned out to be a pretty tight squeeze.
The steel in the shaft felt cool against her skin while she slid along the shaft. The farther along she went she began to hear noises that sounded like people coming from a room near her, but there wasn’t any openings that would let her see.
Then a tiny clang was heard and she stopped. She looked around but could not see anything in the overwhelming darkness of the shaft. She tried igniting a small flame with her baton, however she couldn’t pull it out from beside her. So instead she disregarded the noise and kept moving forward. Then she saw something moving, it was a chain, but it moved like a snake would move when a snake charmer played his flute. Then struck, it wrapped itself around her neck choking her, and violently pulled her forward. The skin on her arms and legs began to get raw and began tearing as she was pulled through. She tried getting her fingers between the chain and her skin, but to no avail, it was too tight.
With a crash, she was out of the shaft and being held up in the air and was looked upon as if she were a curio in an old antique shop.
As fresh air failed to fill her lungs she began to notice the light in the room diminish. Slowly, the room dimmed from the corners of her vision to its center, and then it started turning black.
Belle noticed through the corner of her eye the door crash down and a figure appearing in the shadow of the door way. The figure quickly disappeared from the doorframe and Belle lost consciousness.

Stephanie turned her face away from the Noah, but she could still feel his repulsively warm breath on her neck, and his fingers crawling on her made her nauseous.
“Oh come on.” He said mockingly looking dejected “You are going to make me think you don’t like me.”
Stephanie turned to his direction and looked him in the eye, silently conveying her message to him.
“Oh you know I love it when you get that look in your eyes.” He said as he straddled her bound body “Oh how I love that look…and how it disappears every time I-“
Silence was all that was heard. Amaterasu looked around, and moved his lips again, more nothing. Agitated he got off of Stephanie and did a more thorough investigation of the room looking under the bed, though all he found was dust.
He went over to Stephanie and touched her, but it wasn’t how it should be. He had to hear her scream. It wasn’t possible to enjoy it without hearing the panic he put her through. Whoever was doing this must pay! Whoever it was who is taking away is pleasure must die!
He went over to the wall where a giant map of the seven seas hung with different routes drawn on it, and he tugged on it. It rolled up to the ceiling and exposed a cherry oak wooden door. Amaterasu opened it and left Stephanie alone, and in tears.

Daniel was confronted with the daunting task of keeping a Noah busy. Easier said than done Flames.
The sound seal was invoked, now he had one of two choices. He was either going to use Shatter or Unload. To use either he was going to need a clean shot, and the only way to get that would be to somehow get behind the Pirate Wench and shoot her then. He peered from behind the door, and the Noah let out another round of fire from her gun. Now she must have noticed that the sound is all gone, damn! He slid down behind the door and crawled over to hide behind some knocked over boxes. From behind them he managed to find more debris to hide from the sight of the Noah.
Doing this reminded him of that month he spent with Zane.
“The key to using innocence is first, understanding the ability. Second, you must understand the application of the form the equipment types, meaning: How do I use this thing in front of me? Once you understand these two elementary concepts, you would then proceed to combine the two aspects of your Innocence and create various uses and applications of them in combat.”
Daniel stood there looking a bit weary and perplexed. “I’m sorry, but what is it exactly that I’m doin’ here?”
“I’m sorry what was it you said?” Zane said as he cupped a hand around his ear
“I said, what is it exactly that I’m doin’ here?”
“First things first, Mr. Southern State, I do not appreciate you using words like doin’ or goin’ and such.”
“But sir, that’s just how I speak!”
“I’m sorry, but Daniel you’ll have to bring back the g’s. “ Zane looked at Daniel, and sighed Looks like I have my work cut out for me “Okay so I’ve heard that you’ve been a finder, so that means you have met the physical requirements, but I’m sorry to say that I don’t think that is anywhere near enough. I have heard that 2 children have somehow become finders. Anyway I need you to be able to keep up with me.”
Geez if the exorcists back at the base knew how formidable Zane was; they’d be a little less bitchy. On top of that their training regimen was his easiest course available. Zane has a Class SS training program, which only people General class, could complete. He was a genius at making people strong
Daniel was finally positioned behind the Noah. Keeping his hand at the ready, he stood up ready to fire, but the Noah wasn’t there. He looked around his eyes darting around and he saw a dagger fly in his direction. He rolled to the side and rolled out again his gun pointed in any direction.
Argh a sharp pain hit him in his shoulder and leg simultaneously. When he looked he had gotten shot in the leg and a dagger was embedded into his shoulder. He turned to the Noah “Shatter!” and a burst of sound shout out of the barrel of Daniels revolver. The bullet created a screeching sound as it flew through the air. Anlen dodged the bullet as it passed and all sound returned to the ship, but she was still damaged by the explosion of sound which caused the ship to shake violently and knock Anlen over. Daniel, still standing, checked the chamber on his gun. The long duration allowed it to fill up.
He pointed the gun at The Noah who looked up defiantly at the exorcist brat.
“Your that little bastard who did this last time aren’t you?”
Taken aback Daniel turned around and saw the other Noah. The Noah behind him didn’t waste time; she grabbed the dagger from his shoulder and put it to his throat.
Amaterasu looked menacingly upon the boy’s handsome face. It looks as if I’ll receive some pleasure after all. he thought as he pulled off his gloves.

Flames took his spear and wedged it in between the links of the chain embedding it into the ground. Then his face elongated into the snout of a wolf and his jaws chomped down onto the chain and shattered it with his powerful teeth.
Belle fell to the floor and then Flames, hand still on the spear, channeled a deadly current of electricity through the chain, following it back to the end, to that of its master, the akuma. The akuma died instantaneously.
Flames walked over to Belle and checked her vitals like Ying had taught him during their trip to collect the bookman so long ago. She was still alive, and Flames tried to reviving her with mouth to mouth. As he reached down Belle opened her eyes and in astonishment lifted her head immediately and knocked Flames in the face with her head, thus giving him a bloody nose.
“Oh I’m so sorry!” she ran to one of the bedrooms and grabbed a sheet to stop the bleeding she motioned for Flames to take the sheet, but he declined. He pulled out a cotton ball and used to plug up his nose.
“It is something handy to carry around rather than a sheet.” He said as he stood up. “I have a plan to get the invaders off of the ship, and I need your help.” Flames looked around the room. “By the way, where is Stephanie?”
“Oh she and I split up to see if we could find all the crew.”
Flames eyes narrowed for a second and then removed all doubt from his mind, I cannot afford to be suspicious of my comrades right now .
“Well I have a plan.”

“Caaaaaaaptain!” an akuma minion said as he ran through the ship looking for his master “Caaaaaaaptain! We have an emergency!”
Anlens ears perked up at this and dagger still at the exorcists throat she turned around and looked for the messenger. “Where are you!?”
The akuma rounded the corner and screamed “Our Jolly Roger is burning!”
“What! Who did it! I’ll have his head!” She threw Daniel to the floor and ran into sight of her ship. The Jolly Roger was indeed on fire, and the fire was shaped like a small fox leering down from the mast. “Who did this?! I demand an answer!”
“It was me.” Said Belle as she appeared on the deck of the pirates ship
“How dare you!? Light my flag on fire, and then step foot on my ship! I’ll kill you!” Anlen ran toward her ship drawing her cutlass in one hand and aiming her gun in the other.
“Ouroboros!” Belle said as she twirled her weapon and a small spark that looked like a drop of fire, dropped from the center of her baton and touched the deck. As it hit the floor it spread out in several lines and the rose up in pillars that spun. The moving fire preventing Anlen from entering the ship.
“My ship, my beautiful ship, what are you doing to it!?”
“Get off of this ship, and I want everything that was on your ship off of this one. Then and only then can you keep yours Pirate. Sail away and don’t come back” Flames said as he appeared lifting Daniel up with his only hand. The boy had an injury on his back and leg but nothing brutal. He seemed to be knocked out with his hair in his face.
“What are you talking about!? My beautiful ship is already aflame!” Anlen said sounding deeply distressed.
“Look closely Noah, It is but centimeters above the ground. My exorcist is using precise focus to keep all of that fire off of your ship, and if you, your akuma…” then he looked at Amaterasu “...or your brother makes any more of a mess of our ship, she just might lose her concentration and let it fall.”
Anlen looked at the fire and noticed it was indeed floating treacherously close to the floor of her ship. “Deal exorcist.” Anlen said sounding defeated. With that Anlen waved her hand and all of her akuma that were still alive appeared behind her, ready to board at a plank of wood joining the two ships.
Belle created an opening on the wall of fire, sweating from the power it was draining from her. Anlen and her crew boarded. When she noticed Belle didn’t put out the fire.
“Exorcist! Are you betraying me!?”
“Your brother is still not off the ship.” Flames said as he looked at Amaterasu who had moved next to a wall leaning on it trying so obviously hard to look nonchalant.
He began to chuckle and then stood up straight. “Alright exorcist.” He began walking to the plank, and as he stood on the center he turned to Flames “I thought you might like to know that my beloved plaything is downstairs in the Captains quarters, possibly dead by now. She has been there for awhile.” He turned around again and proceeded onto the ship but a bullet from behind Flames howled past him and hit the board destroying it sending Amaterasu into the deep. This cued Belle to quench her Flames and get off of the pirate ship. An akuma got in her way, so the firefox jumped down from the mast and burned the akuma to a crisp and she leaped onto the deck of the ship with Flames.
Anlen stood there and yelled to Daniel “I guess that’s only fair exorcist.”
This caused everyone on the ship to look back and Belle gasped. Daniels normally handsome face was cracking in certain places causing gaping marks all over the left side of his face, but the pirate called out for the exorcists one more time.
“You are clever exorcist. A Pirates ship is their key to freedom. It is worth more than their very life.” She looked at Belle and then at Flames “But don’t you for a second think I will forget that you have used my ship like you just did. You have made a powerful enemy.” She turned around and sailed toward her next destination.
“Bon voyage Exorcists!”

Stephanie was crying in the room, half because of the dreadful memories that had just been revived, and half because the ribbons were cutting through her skin and probably kill her by the time anyone came across her in the Captains quarters.
There was a knock at the door and she went to scream for help, but the ribbons slid up her face and stifled her words. The person at the door knocked once more, and then it went quiet.
The ribbons tightened, causing the ribbons to slide between her lips. She used this opportunity to bite down on the ribbon her teeth gnashing and trying desperately to tear it with her mouth but it tightened again causing the sides of her mouth to bleed from the ribbons deadly grip.
The teardrops from her eyes rolled down her cheeks and stung as they hit the cuts on her face. I’m so damn helpless! I thought as an exorcist I would finally be able to accomplish something great, but I’m still the helpless little girl I’ve always been. She cast her eyes to the bed and she winced in pain. First my organs will probably fail due to the pressure, or it might stop circulation to my brain and heart, or I might die from blood loss or… The teardrops became a stream of pain as she thought of another way she could die …of a broken heart.. She closed her eyes as she realized she couldn’t feel her feet or hands.
She heard a loud sound in the distance and she noticed for the first time the sound had returned. It had returned before when she heard the knock at the door. Then the door for the Captains quarters opened and in walked someone she was glad to see, it was Flames.
“Are you okay?” He asked as he turned his face into a snout and ripped the ribbons off of her feet and pulled them off of the rest of her body.
Crying she grabbed Flames by his uniform “Blade! He killed Blade!” tears fell from her face as she sobbed it out.
Flames wrapped his arm around her and stroked her hair “It will all be fine Stephanie.” She appreciated those kind words and will always like Flames for saying something like that when she needed it most but the thing was she lost faith in things being fine a long time ago. It was time for her to be strong like she never was, but for now she’ll just cry because her tears were her pain and pain was weakness leaving the body.

The beautiful white beach was blemished by a body that washed up onshore.
Coughing, Blade sat him up and gasped for breath, but his body felt dizzy and weak and he fell back down going unconscious. A blonde woman appeared and stood beside his body. She leaned down over him and rummaged through his coat and saw the exorcist badge on his lapel.
“Looks like I might be able to use this one.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am glad that Blade is still alive. The seemingly loss of a comrade will sadden the others really badly. Or maybe they still have hope...
The deal with the ship was crafty. But I do not want to be in their skin when the exorcists encounter Anlen anew. She would turn them into ground meat. The only thing I did not understand: Is Amaterasu on the ship or did he fell into the water?

By the way, I changed the number of this chapter. There was "97" written. ^___^

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol thanks for changing it to the correct chapter number.

i was trying to figure out the whole amaterasu thing too. i'll ask ds to find out ^^

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
wow nice chapter!

I hope Ameratsu fell off he really is a b......
What happened to Daniel? I couldn't really understand it.

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
i talked to ds and he told me that amaterasu has indeed fallen into the water. i'm sure anlen will pick him up eventually. oh he's such a horrible character but is such a joy to read and write.

daniel's face got scarred from amaterasu's power. he probably will be in the hospital ward for a while to recover. i don't know how extensive the injury is.

btw, cool sig, rai!

rosalefay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice chapter! Poor Stephy! T_T At least Blade's still alive. And Amaterasu is such an ahole. Poor Dan, too, but at least he's not, um, dying? Will Tabby still think he's sexyfine? XDDD

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice chapter! Poor Stephy! T_T At least Blade's still alive. And Amaterasu is such an ahole. Poor Dan, too, but at least he's not, um, dying? Will Tabby still think he's sexyfine? XDDD
i don't know. i guess that's up to dj ^^

now i have to think of a part for chapter one hundred...

Djmewmew

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whee~ Great Chapter~

Tabby is going to be severely concerned for Dan of course D:

BTW, who the blond chick at the end is Cloud right 8D? *wants to write Cloud again <3*

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
BTW, who the blond chick at the end is Cloud right 8D? *wants to write Cloud again <3*
nope it's not cloud but she has been mentioned before. it's just that her role was... not really written before ^.~

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
She was mentioned before? Well, well... I have absolutely no idea who it might be....
I first though Gabriel was revived xD

Djmewmew

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
nope it's not cloud but she has been mentioned before. it's just that her role was... not really written before ^.~

njdbvgjsdfgagvsajkgd

*rifles through chapters trying to find her* XD

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some exorcists were found by her so she just acted indirectly. :sweat

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
you'll find out her identity in the 100th chapter. i think he's planning to write more about her in his part and you'll be surprised who it is.

rosalefay

Reaction score
Country
United States
C'est IRVINE! Yes? No? Lobster?

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
nope, and irvine is a guy. my sister is going to introduce him in her part for ch. 100.

rosalefay

Reaction score
Country
United States
xDDDD I so knew that, too. ^^;;; Hmm...