Theory - Characters' Fate Predictions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Characters' Fate Predictions

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think its time for me to give my predictions on the characters' fates. Not that I want Fairy Tail to end cuz that's the last thing I want.

I'll keep adding characters to the list if I need to.

Well, here goes:

Natsu Dragneel - Survives

Live with Happy and become a wandering nomad, similar to Gildartz but without the perverted magazines. His reasons for doing so is to "pretend" that he is searching for Igneel like he had been ever since he was a child. He might even believe he can find Igneel in the heavens if he searches long enough. Happy will definitely live with him and Lucy may or may not follow him.

Happy - Survives

Eat fish! Live with Natsu! Aye sir!

Lucy Heartfilia - Survives

She will either live in an apartment and keep writing stories about her adventures in Fairy Tail or she will leave Fairy Tail and explore the world with Natsu. She will probably be searching about her keys and Celestial Spirit Magic, find the truth about her family line, or finish Layla's legacy in searching for the truth about One Magic. Either way, she will record about her adventures and write about her life in Fairy Tail.

Makarov Dreyar - Deceased

Makarov will most likely die in one of the upcoming arcs. Rest in peace old man, sorry gramps.

Laxus Dreyar - Survives

Take over the guild as whatever # master. Will lead and raise the next generation of FT. All of the Thunder God Tribe will be helping Laxus. Mostly Freed doing paperwork while Bickslow and Evergreen fool around.

Freed - Survives

Fanboying Laxus and doing his paperwork for him while blushing 24/7.

Bickslow - Survives

BABIES!!! And fool around....

Evergreen - Survives

Marry Elfman and have/raise children.

Erza Scarlet - Survives

Live with the guild while taking long trips away from time to time (to visit Jellal if he is still alive). If Jellal is still alive, Erza will reunite with Wally, Sho, Millianna, and Jellal. Erza will also most likely marry Jellal or become his fiancé. If Jellal dies, Erza will be visiting his grave alone and crying her two little eyes out..excuse me, one eye out.

Jellal Fernandes - Unsure (Leaning on Survives)

Basically continue to atone for his sins... I mean rid evil in the world and eliminate dark guilds. Will finally decide to start over fresh and forget his past, but still fighting evil. He will visit Erza from time to time. If he dies...then really sorry buddy, you will end up like old man Makarov. Don't worry buddy, Erza will visit your grave by herself...

Gildartz Clive - Deceased

Will die in an upcoming arc. Either he will sacrifice himself for Natsu or Cana. It will be extremely sad as FT will go and hold a big funeral for him before he is buried. Cana would visit his grave from time to time on the anniversary, either by herself or with one other person to comfort her. Eh, you were a good old buddy wandering as a weary nomad across the vasts land. Salute to you Gildartz.

Cana Alberona - Survives

Will continue to hang around the guild and drink alcohol. Will have to visit Gildartz's grave if he does die.....

Wendy Marvell - Survives

Will grow up and become stronger. Will most likely hang around Cana, Erza, and Lucy if they are still around. If not, then maybe Mest or Carla.

Carla - Survives

Hang around with Wendy and train.

Mest Gryder - Survives

Train with Wendy or reapply for Council position even after realizing he was an FT Mage.

Gajeel Redfox - Survives

Live with Levy and marry her. Most likely continue to train with Pantherlily. Otherwise, if Natsu is still around, Gajeel will also fool around with Natsu. Will also sing regularly at the guild.

Levy McGarden - Survives

Marry Gajeel and take care of Gajeel and Pantherlily while reading books.

Pantherlily - Survives

Train with Gajeel or spar with Erza.

Lisanna Strauss - Survives

Will help out Mira at the bar and continue to talk and hang around with Elfman and Evergreen, maybe even around Natsu and Lucy if they are still around.

Elfman Strauss - Survives

Marry Evergreen and raise children. Will hang around with Lisanna and Mira an keep boasting about him being all manly.

Mirajane Strauss - Survives

Will continue to work at the bar and hang around her siblings Elfman and Lisanna. Will confess her love to Gray and fall for the demon slayer. She might even think about raising a family of her own with Gray. She will also continue doing modeling for Sorcerers' Weekly and other magazines.

Juvia Lockser - Deceased

Die.

Gray Fullbuster - Survives

Could swing both ways. He could be still living in Fairy Tail if everything is resolved. If he still has mysteries, whether it be about his past, Silver, or END, he may go alone and isolate himself in the northern continent of Isvan. He might even assume the role of Ur and train the unfortunates with Ice Magic. Or he might just live with Mira...

Zeref Dragneel - Deceased

Will die, I just don't know how. I'm calling his bluff though about him actually being immortal and having a life-link with END.

Acnologia - Survives

Will become good and rule over Alvarez in the end in place of Zeref.

Summer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Kinda like what u said about natsu and happy. For Lucy I dont think she will stay with fairy neither follow natsu becoz she said that she want to buys "Heartfilia" back.. meaning she want to buys her family fortunes back .

I ship gray and Mira! Lol... juvia should just die what a pain in eyes lmao.... Laxus shud just be with freed lmao...

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't want any FT people to die. Everyone else is expendable though.

Even the awful villains they can be redeemed like others before so I don't know who deserves death other than Acno/Zeref. I hated Minerva before but now she seems alright which is nice.

On a different but no less of a morbid subject, who in FT can pull the trigger (kill someone)? Laxus, Makarov, Gildarts, Natsu (Zeref already), Lucy (Brandish) for me. Pretty random right

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I don't want any FT people to die. Everyone else is expendable though.

Even the awful villains they can be redeemed like others before so I don't know who deserves death other than Acno/Zeref. I hated Minerva before but now she seems alright which is nice.

On a different but no less of a morbid subject, who in FT can pull the trigger (kill someone)? Laxus, Makarov, Gildarts, Natsu (Zeref already), Lucy (Brandish) for me. Pretty random right

Good point. I actually think Acnologia is cool. Yeah, I know he is evil, but I don't think he is evil forever nor do I think he is gonna die. Acnologia probably just has something against dragons. How do we know that a dragon didn't kill his parents and family?

Acnologia could be mad and his hatred for only dragons could have turned into hatred for everything around him. Either way I think he is cool.

Zeref I don't like. Sure, his situation is less evil but I hate his personality. I really hate his obsession and bias towards only one person, Natsu

I actually liked Minerva when I first saw her. I thought she looked cool and badass and that she would eventually switch over to the good side.

As for trigger-pulling, it's difficult cuz some people with the power to pull the trigger don't have the guts to do so. Imo, there are very few characters that have the capability and would pull the trigger.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like your predictions. But the Juvia and Gray one is sooooooo bias.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Good point. I actually think Acnologia is cool. Yeah, I know he is evil, but I don't think he is evil forever nor do I think he is gonna die. Acnologia probably just has something against dragons. How do we know that a dragon didn't kill his parents and family?

Acnologia could be mad and his hatred for only dragons could have turned into hatred for everything around him. Either way I think he is cool.

Zeref I don't like. Sure, his situation is less evil but I hate his personality. I really hate his obsession and bias towards only one person, Natsu

I actually liked Minerva when I first saw her. I thought she looked cool and badass and that she would eventually switch over to the good side.

As for trigger-pulling, it's difficult cuz some people with the power to pull the trigger don't have the guts to do so. Imo, there are very few characters that have the capability and would pull the trigger.
I like Acnologia, but he has to go after killing Igneel.

Zeref is one of my least fave characters. Immortal emo's are pretty lame.

Minerva just pissed more than anything. I like her nicer look now, she's actually quite cute.

Yes that's what I mean, it's hard for me to think of people actually killing anyone for FT (Zeref called it FT's weakness). I do like that about FT even though it is a war.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Erza, Happy, Frosch, Juvia, Wendy, Zeref and Jellal have all to go (maybe Gray or Natsu too). At least, I think they should.

EDIT: I actually think everyone on the main cast should die and in the end we see Acnologia laughing :derp

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I'm pretty sure Acnologia is going down. Everybody is out to kill him.

Pretty sure Lucy will survive until the end, and unless the ending is going to be super angsty for her - I'm assuming Natsu would be there as well.

Zeref is a little bit tricky. The easy way out would for him to just be nakamized and become a good guy. That, or they find a way to sever Natsu's connection to the book of END. I've been playing with the idea that Gray might use Iced-Shell on Zeref, therefore keeping him alive and ensuring that Natsu won't be endanger. The only problem with that is that I feel like Zeref deserves a happy ending as well or at the very least some resolution, and being stuck in a prison whilst still being evil doesn't really resolve his issues. Unless, of course, he becomes a ghost like Mavis and actually find happiness there. Actually, I really don't know about Zeref's fate.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I think Laxus is going to die. He has been suffering over the past year. No way he will be cured. Also, his fight against Wahl, there are a lot of possibilities he can't win. There is Acnologia, too. He can one-shot Laxus anytime.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The one thing about Laxus' illness is that he's being stubborn about it. This is a male thing, guys just hate going to the Dr - his prioritizing of protecting everyone is getting in the way of his health. The Raijinshuu might know he is suffering as they might be as well. I think Laxus can be cured but first he has to be examined.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
1)Natsu will live.Lucy will go with Natsu.They will Marry.
2)Happy will live.
3)Lucy will live and go with Natsu.They will Marry.
4)Wendy will live.
5)Gajeel and Levy Marries.
6)Gray and Juvia Marries.Hiro Said Musica's Counterpart will not suffer The Same Part as Musica.
7)Jellal and Erza Marries.Hiro was so sad about Sieg's Death so doubtful Jellal will die.
8)Evergreen Marries Elfman.
9)Mest Marries Lissana.
10)laxus if He survives Becomes Guildmaster and Marries Mirajane.If He Dies Natsu Becomes GM.
12)Mirajane if laxus Survives Marries Laxus.If Laxus Dies lives alone.
13)Zeref is Tricky but I Believe He Will Survive and Marry Mavis.Wendy may Marry Romeo.

DarkSoulz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy will die which will awaken END

EDIT:
What are the chances that Zeref will survive at the end of the manga but without the curse?

Last edited:

Keran

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Lucy, Natsu and Happy go in search of Aquarius key.
Gajeel and Levy marries.
Jellal will die protecting Ersa.
Juvia will die. May be the killer will be Zeref.
Gray left FT for few years and go alone for his own journey in search of himself and meaning of his life.
Makarov will die.
Laxus will become the next Guild Master and marries later on Mira.
Gildarts will die.
After some years:
Lucy, Natsu, Happy return to guild. Then Natsu and Lucy marry. Gray appears at their wedding and here we get a hint on Gray/Ersa. Gray and Ersa will be the best men and bridesmaid on their wedding
As for other characters I don't care of them

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
The only thing I hope is that Crime Sorciere's history ends in a good way. You know, they suffered a lot so I don't want to see they suffering more. So I think that Erik meets Kinana, Richard meets Wally or so on.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The only thing I hope is that Crime Sorciere's history ends in a good way. You know, they suffered a lot so I don't want to see they suffering more. So I think that Erik meets Kinana, Richard meets Wally or so on.
Erik Marries Kinnana and Richard Finds Wally.

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
6)Gray and Juvia Marries.Hiro Said Musica's Counterpart will not suffer The Same Part as Musica.
Where did he say that? Not that I think otherwise but I'm just curious. Of course he won't.
Gray won't lose another person he loves, especially not the woman he's always with. They will both survive and end up together. OP is clearly biased.

I do agree Makarov will die. It's time. I could see other side characters like Elfman kicking the bucket too if there comes a time we need more deaths. Other than that I don't see Hiro Mashima killing off anyone important. Maybe members of other guilds. Zeref will finally be able to die in peace as well and meet Mavis on the other side.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Where did he say that? Not that I think otherwise but I'm just curious. Of course he won't.
Gray won't lose another person he loves, especially not the woman he's always with. They will both survive and end up together. OP is clearly biased.

I do agree Makarov will die. It's time. I could see other side characters like Elfman kicking the bucket too if there comes a time we need more deaths. Other than that I don't see Hiro Mashima killing off anyone important. Maybe members of other guilds. Zeref will finally be able to die in peace as well and meet Mavis on the other side.
Yes He Said That.But Unfortunately I don't have The Link to prove it.Most Probably in Tumblr about Hiro's Statements.

darkenedreality

Reaction score
Country
United States
^You sure it wasn't just a rumor? Ah, I've also heard FT will be happier than RAVE.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
^You sure it wasn't just a rumor? Ah, I've also heard FT will be happier than RAVE.
No It's Not Rumour.I believe as it was in Tumblr with links.I will try to find The link and post it Here.It was long ago.Yeah Hiro said Fairytail will have a Happier Ending So None of The Major Characters may not Die.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
No It's Not Rumour.I believe as it was in Tumblr with links.I will try to find The link and post it Here.It was long ago.Yeah Hiro said Fairytail will have a Happier Ending So None of The Major Characters may not Die.
Can you list all the major characters I'm not sure which characters are major characters?