Discussion - Characters Not in the Spotlight | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Characters Not in the Spotlight

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello there,
so I just finished binging My Hero Academia in 3 weeks, 20 chapters at a time whenever I could. I wanted to post something on the dedicated thread, but I found a dedicated sub-forum instead, lol. So I'll have to create a topic for that.

For the whole reading I was expecting the chapter dedicated to Hagakure. Improvements, realizations, important fights, flashbacks...nothing. Of all the class 1-A students, she's probably the less utilized of all, she seems there just to round up the number. Who is she friend with? Who is her rival? How did she get stronger from the beginning of the first year to now? Why does she want to become a hero? Nothing. And yet she seems so interesting, as a character to explore (at least to me).

So I wanted to turn the question to you: what is your favourite character that hasn't done anything relevant yet? Who do you hope that will have soon his/her time to shine?
Another class member? A student from class 1-B? Some hero we know only by name? Some minor villain?

Let's discuss!!

G3kken

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Personally I have a soft spot for Class 1B, since I feel their quirks are more diverse and technical than what we see in Class 1A. It's a shame that they're always there to show that 1B is inferior to 1A, so just a few chapters where we get to see more 1B action would be AMAZING.

(especially if they're going to show more of Monoma's copy ability. It's pretty S tier stuff)

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Personally I have a soft spot for Class 1B, since I feel their quirks are more diverse and technical than what we see in Class 1A. It's a shame that they're always there to show that 1B is inferior to 1A, so just a few chapters where we get to see more 1B action would be AMAZING.

(especially if they're going to show more of Monoma's copy ability. It's pretty S tier stuff)
Monoma could easily be S-tier if Horikoshi wanted to. I say this because I think if Monoma copies OFA, he would gain an unlimited load of Quirks he’s allowed to copy at a time thanks to Stockpile, and the more he copies Quirks, the stronger those Quirks get, and essentially an OFA that is just as strong as Deku’s. He’d still have the same time limit imposed on him, though. But for those few minutes, the heroes have what is basically AFO 2.0. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been training to combine multiple Quirks like AFO after watching Kamino.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Shiketsu trio and Mina.

Monoma could easily be S-tier if Horikoshi wanted to. I say this because I think if Monoma copies OFA, he would gain an unlimited load of Quirks he’s allowed to copy at a time thanks to Stockpile, and the more he copies Quirks, the stronger those Quirks get, and essentially an OFA that is just as strong as Deku’s. He’d still have the same time limit imposed on him, though. But for those few minutes, the heroes have what is basically AFO 2.0. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d been training to combine multiple Quirks like AFO after watching Kamino.
I don't think Monoma can hold OFA because I don't believe his physical abilities are good enough.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The Shiketsu trio and Mina.

I don't think Monoma can hold OFA because I don't believe his physical abilities are good enough.
Copy Kirishima/Tetsux4 then.

But even so, I don’t think he’d be getting the stockpiled strength because the super strength requires years to be cultivated. Either that, or one of the predecessors’ Quirks jumpstarted the strength stockpile.

raikou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The Ketsubutsu Academy.

Shindou and his team seems like a dark horse. I'm interested how Horikoshi gonna use them.

Also, I really want Hagakure screentime. I wonder if Horikoshi hold her because she was the traitor...

Shinsou and Monoma should team up and have an arc that is dedicated to them.

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I read about the traitor theories after posting this thread. I hope it doesn't come to that...my guess is quite the opposite, for Hagakure to thwart some villain plan (for example by sneaking to their base and stealing an important item or something) because she's invisible and nobody ever pays attention to her.

I would like also to see something more from the animal based characters, main example being the UA principal: you can't climb this high in hierarchy without having something up your sleeve! Another one that piques my interest is the dog-faced policeman.

G3kken

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Shinsou and Monoma should team up and have an arc that is dedicated to them.
That'd be the coolest shit, sounds like a total idea for Team Up Mission

TommyBoy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Ojiro is someone I wish was explored more in bnha, he's not my favourite but because of the limitations he has with his quirk makes me want to see him get more of the spotlight. A team up with him and shinso would be interesting to see in the 2nd year of the school.

Yoroi musha the number 9 guy from the billboard. He's old guy in the top 10 so he must be strong, was hoping to see him in action this arc.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ojiro is someone I wish was explored more in bnha, he's not my favourite but because of the limitations he has with his quirk makes me want to see him get more of the spotlight. A team up with him and shinso would be interesting to see in the 2nd year of the school.

Yoroi musha the number 9 guy from the billboard. He's old guy in the top 10 so he must be strong, was hoping to see him in action this arc.
I am kinda expecting the reveal that the old man was the #1 Hero prior to All Might, if not top 3, to hype him.