Characters vs World | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Characters vs World

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am sure many would say that Guts is one of the most strong willed people in fiction, though I can see him being strong both mentally and physically, it is an add on that makes his character complex, he is not perfect but these traits help him out. Others posses rather human traits as well, like Caska even got mentally ill after she saw that World! And yes I do mean the dark world which has now actually become the World of Berserk. How do these character cope? I mean we know about the main ones but towards the end will Miura make it more about the characters and their survival and emotions tied in the crazy world of this manga or more about the spiritual hierarchy of that world so we know it better and understand how and why it effected the characters?

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know if Miura will switch gears from simply illustrating the story to getting inside the characters heads. But I hope that he does. You would think that this has to be a certainty concerning Casca's case. As for the other characters, I hope he expands upon them instead of them being just there, ya know?

Airget

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He's been slightly getting into the characters head though it might not be apparent from just reading.

Guts is slowly learning or maybe he's already realized that even with the Berserk armor he still has a limit and can't do everything by himself even though he did slay the beast it was only cause of the Mermaids help.

Caska may be living in denail, her whole world was thrown for a loop and she blames Guts because Guts is the reason why Griffith was imprisoned and fell apart, I think she might believe that Griffith would have never used the Beheilt if Guts had stayed by his side but because he abandoned him he fell apart and was tempted to use it. It's going to be really interesting to see what happens if Caska retrieves her former self or if she even will, it's really hard to say since Caska's been to traumatized that it seems like her recovery might be impossible unless Guts could turn Griffith back to normal but that's pretty much impossible. It may come down to that Guts will have to accept Caska's hatred for him when he kills Griffith since she may still believe Griffith is "good" or can be helped, in teh end Guts may end up losing everything just so he can exact he revenge on Griffith.

Farnese has been developing well as a character she's accepted the way "reality" is and wants to be able to fend for herself rather then rely on others. Overall she's developing quite normally but may find herself in turmoil if she actually she's Caska turn back to normal, while she has gained feelings for Guts she does know that his heart is for Caska but even then she can't just lock away how she feels. It's possible that she could end up doing something regrettable with her newfound magic powers but Serpico will be there to stop her.

Serpico is going to have problems later on, his whole life was pretty much dedicated to being by Farnese's side but she's becoming more dependant and he may find himself as an unnecessary piece in her life. Though with the above theory it's possible it may be him that saves her or it could be Roderick that saves her since Serpico might wanna pull himself from the slowly more proactive Farnese. We got the idea that he pretty much fights for Farnese but if she can fight for herself and he's not needed I just wonder what his character will do since it seems like the fault of his character is how much he cares for her.

Isidro doesn't seem to have many problems atm, he's pretty carefree given the circumstances and can hold his own pretty well. I can't really think of anything that may happen to him in the future other thena possible love triangle with him, Schierke and the mermaid gal who's name just doesn't come to mind.

Schierke may find herself feeling weak and unable atm, although she's been fighting hard she may be hard on herself that she let her astral projection escape from Guts body and almost got him killed. While it didn't she may work harder to better herself but at the same time her emotions may get to her once she sees the condition Guts is now in. It won't look pretty once he's back on board, while he may have recovered from the whole lightning blast slightly. To go into battle after such wounds damaged his body is pretty insane.

I really wish they could've given us one more chapter, while I'm glad to see the fights over I'd like to see the aftermath of it all, sure everyone is happy that Guts is alive but barely. Once they get a closer look at him they'll prolly be devastated though perhaps if Gut's truly goes out of commission perhaps it'll give Serpico the chance to act as a defender for his allies since while he's shown to be able in battle and even stand up against Guts by using proper strategy he still tends to stay in the back and let Guts handle everything since his Berserk mode is a single player game with astral projection add on feature only.