Voting Round 1 - Charlotte Roselei vs. Rhya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Charlotte Roselei vs. Rhya

Who wins?

• Charlotte Roselei

• Rhya

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Charlotte Roselei
Rhya

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless Rhya starts with magic already stolen, he's at a huge disadvantage. Even with stolen magic, he would probably have a hard time against Charlotte unless he has the specific counter. With her ability to have her briar vines automatically hunt her opponent, and the large area she can cover with her magic, Charlotte would have a much easier time catching Rhya without even getting near him then Rhya would catching her.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll give this one to Rhya.

Rhya has no limit to how many magic attributes/techniques he can copy and he has no time limit to retain them, which means he starts any fight with a crap-load of magic powers that give him the edge in versatility. Taking that away from him would be as unfair as taking away the spells in his opponent's grimoires.

If I recall correctly, he can use up to two attributes of magic at the same time, which give him a lot of combination possibilities, and the strength of his copied techniques has been said to be the same as that of the original user's (even captain levels), so he doesn't even need to copy Charlotte's magic to possibly overwhelm her.

Charlotte is a strong magic knight captain but she lacks feats and there's nothing to suggest she's at Mereoleona's level (who especially at the time was at a higher level than the captains) to give Rhya real trouble.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
While it is unfair to say he doesn't have copied magic, it's also unfair to just give him a whole bunch. I think a good balance would just to give him what he could reasonable have available, those of his three allies. First time we saw him, he had light magic, which is plenty powerful.

While we didn't get to see the actual fight, she was shown fully able to go toe to toe with him while he had both Licht and Yami's magic...

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
While it is unfair to say he doesn't have copied magic, it's also unfair to just give him a whole bunch. I think a good balance would just to give him what he could reasonable have available, those of his three allies. First time we saw him, he had light magic, which is plenty powerful.

While we didn't get to see the actual fight, she was shown fully able to go toe to toe with him while he had both Licht and Yami's magic...
I think the fair thing is to consider the canon magics that Rhya he had by the time that arc ended. After all, those are just "his spells" now.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Regarding Rhya's magic, he should have whatever we've seen which is Dark magic, Light magic, Invisibility, Salamander's breath, Sticky Salamander, water magic, lightning, and ice. And just looking at that list, he definitely gets the win here. He's able to use at least two of those at once, top speed due to Light magic, and surprising durability, took a beating from Leona and he has Light Healing magic. Charlotte on the other hand we haven't seen much at all, in that skirmish with Rhya, I belive he just used dark magic which he just copied and didn't even open his third eye. If this was Charla, I'd deliberate about it more.

Last edited:

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
If Rhya can use anything that he has shown us thus far in the story then i think taking on and defeating Charlotte should not be impossible for him, infact, i think he stands a pretty good chance against her. Mid to High diff win for him here. At least IMO.:hi

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rhya is above Charlotte. Too many variations of spells. Funnily enough, if he got her power, he'd use it to a vastly higher level than she ever could, due to both how his magic works and the fact that her curse doesn't extend to anyone beyond herself as Charla revealed.

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Rhya uses Dark Magic, Charlotte gets flustered thinking it's Yami magic and loses. The end. :blushbirb

Status
Not open for further replies.