Josei - Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: [Josei] Chihayafuru by SUETSUGU Yuki

Lazyass release are extremely irregular unfortunately. Maybe it's worth watching the anime for once. Does someone know what part of the manga does the season 2 correspond to?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Lazyass release are extremely irregular unfortunately. Maybe it's worth watching the anime for once. Does someone know what part of the manga does the season 2 correspond to?
The 2nd season starts with the recruitment of freshman to the Karuta club, if i'm not mistaken that part has been scanlated as well.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The 2nd season starts with the recruitment of freshman to the Karuta club, if i'm not mistaken that part has been scanlated as well.
As far as I know, it hasn't. That's why I'm still not reading the manga.

Lazyass scans stop around the duel for the master position (won by Suoh Meijin) and TDX picks it up when

Arata is fighting him, at least that's how it looked when I was risking a short glimpse to see when I can pick up the manga

So right now everything shown in the anime hasn't been scanlated yet, at least I can't find any translated scans out there.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Very unfortunate. I didn't research properly before I started reading the series. nii-kun is correct about where the Edited Manga by LazyAss stopped. I haven't checked the next chapters though, the jump was too big and I was afraid I'd spoil myself for the anime. I guess it is indeed better to stick with the anime, since reading the manga so far and comparing it to the anime, it has been pretty faithful. I think the anime decreased some screen time for Arata, which is actually quite interesting for exploration of his character.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Arata is fighting him, at least that's how it looked when I was risking a short glimpse to see when I can pick up the manga
You are so far off... The one Arata is fighting is Shinobu. Also the last match was between Taichi and Chihaya nobody is currently fighting the Meijin himself or is in any qualifying matches yet, Chihaya skipped it but Taichi went for it. .

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Chihayafuru Creator Auctions Chance to Appear in Manga

An auction is currently being held by Chihayafuru manga creator Yuki Suegetsu (Flower of Eden) that gives the winning bidder the right to appear in the Chihayafuru manga. Suegetsu has listed possible roles as rivals, classmates, karuta teachers or students, and is open to requests to choose which character they want to be in the same scene with. All profits from the auction will go to helping those affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster. The bidding began at 5,000 yen (about US$52), but as of Tuesday is at 100,000 yen (about US$1050). The auction will end on Wednesday at 8:04 p.m.
Aww, how sweet ;__;

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Reactions: Nii

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

If I have the chance to appear as the main character of one of the most popular current manga, US$1050 seems like a fair deal. :p Not sure my face would fit the josei-ish art of Chihayafuru though.
Main character? I thought it is supposed to be just a minor, side character. I agree though, i would pay that though i doubt my looks would fit in a manga that is supposed to play in Japan and is supposed to be about a Japanese game.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Main character? I thought it is supposed to be just a minor, side character. I agree though, i would pay that though i doubt my looks would fit in a manga that is supposed to play in Japan and is supposed to be about a Japanese game.
That's why I said "If" at the beginning. Being a minor character and paying US$1050 seems a little bit too much, if it's not because its charity purpose. I mean, I couldn't imagine myself has big eyelashes and eyes like shoujo characters.. it's just an unfitting depiction of my physical appearance :p

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Oh, just heads up for those who are waiting for releases in proper chapter order like me, there are scan groups who made Chihayafuru their joint project. And they will work on the missing chapters, starting from chapter 44. It's up to chapter 45 now. So happy to know that, I hope we'll see steady releases of Chihayafuru! Although the plot covered so far I've seen in the anime, it's a good refreshing and I still wanna see how it's originally shown in the manga. There are moments we don't see in the anime which add more depth to the plot and characters so it's a yay. <3

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

So I started reading the series now that the anime catched up with the Edited Mangas. There's not that much stuff left (Anime stops at chap 93, Edited Mangas are at 113, raws at 115) but damn, it was really enjoyable.

Some very much needed focus on Taichi, I loved it :wtf He really improved a lot but his insecurities still prevent him from going even further.
I really like how the manga is focusing on a lot of characters though, you can easily sympathize with characters who only had a minor appearance so far. It makes up for the fact that Chihaya and Taichi are missing the chance for the Queen/Meijin title again. I guess I can at least cheer for Harada-sensei now :( And Inokuma became quite likeable too

windy van

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Some very much needed focus on Taichi, I loved it :wtf He really improved a lot but his insecurities still prevent him from going even further.
I really like how the manga is focusing on a lot of characters though, you can easily sympathize with characters who only had a minor appearance so far. It makes up for the fact that Chihaya and Taichi are missing the chance for the Queen/Meijin title again. I guess I can at least cheer for Harada-sensei now :( And Inokuma became quite likeable too
I'm not rooting for Harada sensei coz he is a little annoying with his excuse(he was good looking though:p)..
OMG he is an adult yet he bothered Arata like that, so not cool..
I can't understand if he is really dedicated to karuta or just ambitious to winning and get the meijin title..
I hope Arata win this qualification.. I'm not team Arata but tbh Harada sensei pissed me off..
Oh, btw should I put this in spoiler tags? I wonder if there are reader who don't like to be spoiled, so..

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I eventually picked the manga. I had it on my list for years but, I was too lazy to catch. Though, i watched the anime, so considering the anime adaptation is very faithful, i started reading it from the end of last season, roughly around Mashima's confession, i haven't caught it yet. I'm only around chap 150. But I wanted to share a little of my thoughts. 1st, both the anime and the manga are criminally underrated. It's really a lovely coming of age romance with a traditional art/sport setting. Karuta is fascinating, i enjoy the most its poetic aspect, and i regret i cant understand all of it (rules are not all clear to me, but it doesnt prevent the understanding of the story), we are only given a glimpse of the poetry signification but it is enough to enjoy its aesthetics. Art is beautiful, some panels are just gorgeous. Charadesign is good too, i like the focus on the eyes expressions.​
Regarding the romantic aspect, Im shipping so badly Mashima x Chihaya, i really refuse the Arata route, as a character i dont dislike him ( I'm shipping him with Shinobu, actually) but i hate the Arata x Chihaya ship, his confession was way too bland compared to all the emotions we could read in Mashima's.​
As for the characters Mashima, Shinobu, Kanade, Sakurazawa are my faves. I like the devlopment of Sumire character she starts growing on me. But, i dislike Tamaru a lot, and everything she did to Chihaya just for attention whoring, but i like how shes aware about her need of attention addiction and that she cant help it.​

Some fave panels :​
Mashima's confession :zomg ( I like better the manga panels, but honestly, the anime did adapt it beautifully)​

Mashima x Chihaya scenes are the best :wtf

scenery :​

exple of stunning eyes expressions :​
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

vol 47

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Hi,

Have not posted on here before, just found this thread today. But have been following this manga religiously since 2020. The last chapter came out this month and got translated today.

And hurray, for Team Taichi :smile-big

Beautiful manga really. Definitely gonna collect physicals once I save up a bit. Hope we get a season 4 announcement soon.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I havent caught yet... but I know coz I wanted to know, :arf I'm just happy, that's the perfect way to deal with a romance, 'Im glad Suetsugu didnt choose to please readers with the popular choice/character (nb I disliked that ship, Arata as a char is fine, as romance with her is plain bland, Mashima was so much more genuine, touching. I'm indifferent to the popular, perfect kind of chars, i prefer the flawed, human, relatable ones).
Also their romance scenes were always the most beautiful, poetic :zomg

Such a beautiful manga/anime and so underrrated, yet. :(

smokeesid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Could somebody tell me where to read this manga? I dropped it a long time ago. Now I intend to pick it up when it has been completed