Semifinal - Chloé d'Apchier vs. Shikimori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Chloé d'Apchier vs. Shikimori

Who is the best Waifu?

• Chloé d'Apchier

• Shikimori

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
CAMPAIGN

Communication, Love and other things

In the last round, I demonstrated how Shikimori's interactions with the environment around you makes her an excellent partner. For this round, I want to display how Shikimori's interactions with YOU make for an excellent partner.

Communication is the most important part of a relationship. But what do we define communication as? As your lover, as your partner, as your friend, how does Shikimori communicate with you. How does she display to you the depths of her love for you, how much she adores you?

Through several means, really. The message lies in:

The late-night talks. Staying up late with you at night to talk to you, be it the week or weekend:

Flirting in public, even in the middle of your friends. Careful enough so they don't notice and tease you guys about it :p

Exchanging notes with you in class, even when you're supposed to be focusing :XD (Don't worry, she won't do this all the time:P)

Making promises to you:

Sharing secret (Maybe embarrassing) things about yourself:

Developing an interest in the same things as you, no matter how long you've spent together:

Enjoying outdoor activities together:

Communication doesn't have to be all verbal, no. There are several other ways of showing you her love. Through gestures, facial expressions, and unspoken communication.
For example:

Letting you see her ugly side:

And your beautiful side:

Watching out for your well-being on a hot day:

And on cold days as well:

And letting you know how much you mean to them:

It's unrealistic to expect that everything will be rosy and dandy when you're together. There'll be fights, arguments and misunderstandings. She'll get angry at you:

You'll get angry at her. And maybe she does deserve it when that happens:

What's important though, is recovering from these bad times, and reforge the bond you have with each other. Making it stronger than before:

And knowing that she will always, always be there for you. Both in the good times:

And the bad:

And you'll realize that through it all, your feelings for her are the real deal. Strong enough for you to vote her as your candidate this round;)

Last edited:

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Campaign I-Backstory
Campaign II-Chloe and Jean Jacques
Campaign III-Her many sides

CAMPAIGN IV
Chloe D'apchier- She's Not just a loli Perfect

What else can I say about Chloe?

She's not perfect.

And that's why she is beautiful.

She suffers

She smiles

She learns and grows

She's wise but a kid at heart

She gets angry

With her you will never get bored.
She will teach you and she will learn. You will never stop going forward along with her passionate but warm love.
She's not perfect but she's yours.

And look, she's so cute and funny:

Just vote Chloe already bakas!

She will embrace your darkness
and your light:

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Do I choose Hermit who defeated Marin, or Juviii who aided in the defeat of Marin (used a heart reaction on Shikimori, used a thumbs up reaction on Marin)...

If any of you apologise and do it well, I'll give you a heart reaction + the vote - and I will not like your opponents campaign. I am offering a differential of 3.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
If any of you apologise and do it well, I'll give you a heart reaction + the vote - and I will not like your opponents campaign. I am offering a differential of 3.

I'll entice you with some similarities that both Marin and Shikimori share :pleased

Going to a festival together with their S/O:

Or going shopping for clothes for your S/O:

You get to see Shikimori in different hats as well:

Plus, get an idea for your next date plan :wub

As you can see from the demonstrations above, Shikimori is a student from the Marin School of Fashion and Arts. So Marin would like it very much if her hubby candidate voted for her protege :smile-big

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That's an exceptional reply, I am moved. I'll still give Juviii the opportunity to reply, but that was good.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
That's an exceptional reply, I am moved. I'll still give Juviii the opportunity to reply, but that was good.
Are you fine with those "similarities"? Is going to festivals or shopping what a gf is all about?

I'll give you the real similarity between ours: Acceptance (I can add to this when I'm home).

Marin accepts what people likes even if it's not regarded with good eyes by others. As for Chloe she just wants to be accepted and therefore she accepts others. (See the bigger quote I posted in the collage I made).

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Are you fine with those "similarities"? Is going to festivals or shopping what a gf is all about?

I'll give you the real similarity between ours: Acceptance (I can add to this when I'm home).

Marin accepts what people likes even if it's not regarded with good eyes by others. As for Chloe she just wants to be accepted and therefore she accepts others. (See the bigger quote I posted in the collage I made).
Chloe's Acceptance

Chloe was a human. She suddenly turned into a vampire.
Her family and the generations that followed have tried for centuries to turn her back to human.
But she never wanted that because:

-She ACEPTED that she was now a vampire. She even accepted that she was different from other vampires - as the first gen of vampires, her body stopped growing some years after she went from human to vampire, as opposed to the likes of Noe who was born a vampire, in a world where vampires can live freely.

-She ACCEPTED Jean Jacques, whose parents have rejected and mistreated and protected him ever since they met.

She even ACCEPTED her people who hunted her and tried to kill her.
Let me tell you something. My father taught me being born a noble meant I had a duty to protect the people of my domain. He told me that was the pride of the d’Apchiers. And so you see… no matter what they do to me! No matter how badly I want to kill them! I could never hate the d’Apchiers’ people!! I love them!! As a d’Apchier, that is my duty!!”

She ACCEPTED that Jeanne to whom she gave nothing but love was trying to kill her.
" I'm glad... you finally returned to me, Jeanne!"
" Hurry... Use those fangs of yours… yours claws… your flames and… Go on. Go on. Go on. Go on "

She just wanted to be accepted herself:
“I wanted to be human. Because that… was what Father wanted. Father spent his whole life in research to return my humanity to me. It made me very happy, and… it was all an expression of Father’s… love… and—and that’s a lie. It’s a lie. The truth is, I was always… lonely. After all, didn’t that mean… that if I wasn’t human, I wasn’t really me?”
“I wanted them to accept me. As Father’s daughter. As a member of the Marquis d’Apchier’s family. I wanted them… to love me."

But Marin once said that it's good Gojo has things he won't compromise as well.

Chloe has it too.

She refused to give her reasearch to August for him to use against humans:

And she refuses to forgive those who hurt the ones precious to her:
“…But… you’re no good. He’s mine. Mine alone. My ‘one and only’… and you meddled with him. You defiled Jean-Jacques’ True Name. I’ll never forgive you for that. Remember what I told you? I am a terribly jealous woman!!”

Who would even dislike my strong and cute vampire girl?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

I like the way you refer to your waifu. Hermit put a lot of effort into his response, so I cannot discount that. But you do highlight the fact that Shikimori lacks personal attributes. Meanwhile your babe has a backstory which (seems to) reinforce the person she is.

I'll check the previous campaigns once again. Thank you for your response, it just might have convinced me.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The author of Shikimori (Keigo Maki) did a few Shikimori doodles earlier this week. Going to post them, they were three in total.

a) For the anime official fanbook:

Ignore the thumbnail please :p Not sure if its possible for that to be cleaned

b) For the upcoming anime exhibit:

c) For a concert (Which is next month, don't miss it ;)). Still a very pretty done piece of art:

Status
Not open for further replies.