Recipes - Chocolate and cola cake | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Recipes Chocolate and cola cake

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I made my first ever successful cake today! Never in my life, have I made a cake right since I was a little kid and my mum was standing over me. But this one was perfect, only we don't have a big enough cake tray for a round sponge cake so I used a loaf tin instead. The texture is perfect for cake, I had to bake it for extra time though, because of its unusual shape. The time below assumes you won't be using a loaf tin like I did lol. And the plain white flour, salt and 1 1/2 level teaspoons of baking powder are equivalent to 6 oz (175g) of self raising flour.

6 oz (175g) plain white flour
4 1/2 level teaspoons baking powder
pinch of sea salt with taha'a vanilla or use any salt
1 oz (25g) cocoa powder
3 1/2 oz (100g) white sugar or any sugar
4 1/2 fl oz (125 ml) olive oil or vegetable oil

11 1/2 fl oz (325 ml) cola
splash of vanilla extract
splash of essence of rose water
splash of essence of orange flower water

For once I measured the weights properly unlike baking bread which is no natural for me now that I never even bother. On top of the weights above I added extra flour, cocoa powder and sugar to thicken the cake mix.

First stand the cola at one side to let it go flat, and add in a bit of the vanilla extract and the essences.

Next mix all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and when the cola has gone flat, pour the oil into the mixing bowl, and then the other liquid, and mix them all together.

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5 whilst you pour the mix into a greased tin. When the oven's hot enough, bake it for 30 minutes, then cool it on a wire rack.