Class 1-A Death(s?) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Class 1-A Death(s?)

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I believe the reason that fans are not fans of arcs such as the provisional license arc, cultural festival arc, and joint training arc are because A. Too many characters B. No one cares about some of the students due to them not having any quirky traits or gimmicks that make people invested. So I would personally “kill off” or get rid of characters such as tail man, sugar man, maybe even iida, and ALOT of the 1B Students cause they are BORING. I know some people that stopped reading the manga during the joint training arc due to how boring the 1B students are. Alas won’t happen but it is something to think about

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Personally, I believe the reason that fans are not fans of arcs such as the provisional license arc, cultural festival arc, and joint training arc are because A. Too many characters B. No one cares about some of the students due to them not having any quirky traits or gimmicks that make people invested. So I would personally “kill off” or get rid of characters such as tail man, sugar man, maybe even iida, and ALOT of the 1B Students cause they are BORING. I know some people that stopped reading the manga during the joint training arc due to how boring the 1B students are. Alas won’t happen but it is something to think about
I wouldn´t cry at class 1-B literallly being wiped out, but it would still be shocking.
Unless its a graphical death (and Horikoshi seems to be pushing his limits with the latest arc), I wouldn´t give 2 fucks about class 1B dying.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn´t cry at class 1-B literallly being wiped out, but it would still be shocking.
Unless its a graphical death (and Horikoshi seems to be pushing his limits with the latest arc), I wouldn´t give 2 fucks about class 1B dying.
Spare Monoma pls

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

sho87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shouto hasn't had his own specific arc of course but realistically speaking he has had the most characters development out of any of dekus peers. Even if he has rare solo moments, whichever asshole has had the most character development after him does not even reach todorokis knee in that department. With that in mind, iida dying would be forgetable. Ochako dying would just result in fan complains about dekus chronically blue balls. Bakugo dying is an objectively good thing, he just sucks. Kirishima or mineta dying would be hilarious. Momo dying would spare us her incompetence. The rest dying would have us wondering who were those assholes.
Still the same quiet and hesitant boy we see him as after the fighting festival. Still acting as a supporting boyfriend to the main protags and putting them on higher pedestal than him.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Still the same quiet and hesitant boy we see him as after the fighting festival. Still acting as a supporting boyfriend to the main protags and putting them on higher pedestal than him.

But he has come miles away in daddy issues.

I still think hes too popular to kill.

A fake out last arc death for sure, but no real death

Petko Metko

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I do not think anyone from 1A will die. But if I had to pick one I would go with yaoyorozu.
After getting over her insecurities and having her character development she could sacrifice herself for other 1A students or something like that.

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know what I was thinking about... since black whip is so similar to sero’s quirk, what is the odds that horokoshi finds him not needed and kills him off

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Baku should be the one. But he is the foil so thats unfort unlikely. Unless the theory of him being OFA connected is true and he will vanish diffrently.
I dont want any Class A to die, maybe the traitor if there is anyone.
But maybe teh teachers will die. so that teh Class can be united more in being a true Team

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Does anyone think that any student will end up dying in the future at all?

We just had a big war arc where several mentors and teachers were maimed or killed.

In saying that, I think it would have be when they are close to graduating, or near end game stuff. I don't think Horikoshi would kill off anyone before they'd developed as a character.

Aside from the popular characters(who are more likely just to get heavily injured), I could see plenty of characters from 1 A potentially being axed at some point(not mass death, but a single student dying in intense circumstance).

What do people think?

As disgusting as it sounds, I think that a student dying would be a 'stumble', as opposed to a fall as the heroes begin rising again.

I only see the possibility of 1 student dying over the course of the story, at the very least before the end game.

Last edited:

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure I see anyone from class 1A dying.

However, I don't think the big 3 are safe (I'm really getting some death vibes from Tamaki right now).

That said. I do think 1A student deaths could be incorporated in the story in very interesting ways.
For instance, Shoto trying to save his brother Toya but failing and paying for it with his life would be a terrible but poignant way of showing a character like Midoriya that not everyone can be saved and that some people are simply too far gone.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm not sure I see anyone from class 1A dying.

However, I don't think the big 3 are safe (I'm really getting some death vibes from Tamaki right now).

That said. I do think 1A student deaths could be incorporated in the story in very interesting ways.
For instance, Shoto trying to save his brother Toya but failing and paying for it with his life would be a terrible but poignant way of showing a character like Midoriya that not everyone can be saved and that some people are simply too far gone.
Firstly, I think Tomura is probably going to be the one who teaches Deku that some people are simply too far gone to save. I don't think it would work with Toya, because right now, Shoto isn't trying to 'save' Toya, his trying to take him down. To Shoto, taking down Toya is a way for him to progress beyond his hatred for Endeavour, with Toya literally representing all of Shoto's own self destructive hatred.

I'm not sure that Horikoshi would kill off a character like Shoto until he completed his character arc and took down Dabi.

I think it would be far more likely that a lesser focused class mate would be killed. Outside of the big three(Shoto, Bakugo and Deku), and a few I don't think Horikoshi would kill off like Uraraka(due to her connection to Deku), I think the rest of the class is pretty much fair game. In saying that, I think they'd probably be more likely to kill off characters that don't really have that much of a focus, like Saito, Ojiro, Shoji, Sero, Sato, Koda or Hagakure. They're characters that would probably have an impact on the heroes, but are pretty much just background characters. Pretty much every other student in 1-A has some kind of important connection except those guys. Momo, Mineta, Fumikage, Aoyama, Kirishima, Ashido, Asui, Kaminari and Jiro all seem like they'd be too painful for Horikoshi to kill off given each of them has been fleshed out with some character arc here and there.

I'm basically saying that Horikoshi wouldn't have the guts to genuinely kill off one of the more significant class 1-A members.

Last edited:

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Firstly, I think Tomura is probably going to be the one who teaches Deku that some people are simply too far gone to save. I don't think it would work with Toya, because right now, Shoto isn't trying to 'save' Toya, his trying to take him down. To Shoto, taking down Toya is a way for him to progress beyond his hatred for Endeavour, with Toya literally representing all of Shoto's own self destructive hatred.

I'm not sure that Horikoshi would kill off a character like Shoto until he completed his character arc and took down Dabi.

I think it would be far more likely that a lesser focused class mate would be killed. Outside of the big three(Shoto, Bakugo and Deku), and a few I don't think Horikoshi would kill off like Uraraka(due to her connection to Deku), I think the rest of the class is pretty much fair game. In saying that, I think they'd probably be more likely to kill off characters that don't really have that much of a focus, like Saito, Ojiro, Shoji, Sero, Sato, Koda or Hagakure. They're characters that would probably have an impact on the heroes, but are pretty much just background characters. Pretty much every other student in 1-A has some kind of important connection except those guys. Momo, Mineta, Fumikage, Aoyama, Kirishima, Ashido, Asui, Kaminari and Jiro all seem like they'd be too painful for Horikoshi to kill off given each of them has been fleshed out with some character arc here and there.

I'm basically saying that Horikoshi wouldn't have the guts to genuinely kill off one of the more significant class 1-A members.
I see your point, but I don't want to make any statements on what Horikoshi would or wouldn't do. I'll just wait and see.

However, on your point of Shoto taking down Toya; that's not how I understood that scene in last chapter. Shoto feeling that he has to be the one to 'handle' his brother, and the way it was framed there, seemed to me like he wants to try to save Toya because he understands where Toya is coming from like no other. He gets it. Therefore he knows that only he stands a chance of getting through to Toya.
Whether he'll succeed in doing so... Hmm I'm gonna say 'nah' for now. Toya seems too obsessed to let anyone get through to him.
But we don't know what events are coming up, the role Rei, Natsuo and Fuyumi are going to play, what Endeavor's gonna do (if he's gonna survive these surgeries at all). So it's all up in the air.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
However, on your point of Shoto taking down Toya; that's not how I understood that scene in last chapter. Shoto feeling that he has to be the one to 'handle' his brother, and the way it was framed there, seemed to me like he wants to try to save Toya because he understands where Toya is coming from like no other. He gets it. Therefore he knows that only he stands a chance of getting through to Toya.
I don't think Shoto framed it like that though. I think that Shoto may try to help Toya, but I don't think his as delusional as Deku. Considering how much harm his caused, I think Shoto is well aware that Toya is a lost cause that needs to be stopped. Only after he stops Toya do I think that Shoto would try to help him.

I see your point, but I don't want to make any statements on what Horikoshi would or wouldn't do. I'll just wait and see.
In saying all that, I'm a bit of a sadistic sort. I would actually love if Horikoshi had the guts to kill off one of the secondary, though still relevant cast members I listed above(though I'd prefer if it wasn't Aoyama or Mineta, since they don't really pack that much of a emotional punch for me). Having Momo, Fumikage, Kirishima, Ashido, Asui, Kaminari or Jiro die would be a real gut punch to the reader, while also not making the plot untenable. Those characters have some importance to readers, but their death wouldn't necessarily grind the gears of the story to a halt in the same way if Bakugo, Deku or Shoto died, since those three or major driving forces of the story.