Misc Attempt - Clean attemp (trying to maintain full details) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt Clean attemp (trying to maintain full details)

FANtomCore

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, here is my attempt to clean and maintain most if not all the details.

RAW is LOW QUALITY MAGAZINE SCAN

So am I cleaning right?

The raw
My clean

Last edited:

aegon-rokudo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fantom to be honest I really dislike topaz clean(I think it's that filter right?). But it seems that a lot of people in the community regard it as a standard and scan using that effect as high quality.
Said that, althought I don't like the method, this is better than a lot of other scans that I have seen, you have greatly improved.
But, you know, the image is quite symple with few black tonalities that are the ones that suffer the most with this kind of method. You should try to clean the first page of chapter 406.

FANtomCore

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, I didn't use Topaz clean on this one, but I did use Topaz Denoise, at this point I'm trying to get all lines darken, but leveling the blacks or sharpening ruins the grays, so I don't know what to do about improving this clean. I might have to accept this is as far as I can get with LQ magazine raws.

aegon-rokudo

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well mine is a personal opinion, but if leechers like it and in this way their appreciation raises and their bitching goes down, it is a good choice to use it.
Anyway we shoud wait for an expert cleaner opinion

Name-Undecided

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not an expert cleaner by any means, but that clean is so blurry and messy, I don't know what to say. FANtomCore, the truth is that "Trying to maintain full details" and "Using Topaz Denoise" are at two opposite ends of the scale. If you really want to maintain full details, don't use any filters. Crop, level, burn and dodge in moderation and dig out the white and black brush tools when needed. Leave the greys alone.