Cleaning - Clean Manga Pages In One Click | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cleaning Clean Manga Pages In One Click

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Here is the way I clean my pages, Just load this action in your Photoshop, and press Shift+F2 after opening the page U want to clean, It's done.
All U have to do now is save it or do some other minor changes that u would like.
Rapidshare (2kb file)
To load this, in photoshop goto-Window/Actions, a popup will come, click on the icon on the top-right corner below the fast-forward sign(looks like a small downward facing arrow and 3 horizontally parallel lines) click on Load actions...
I made it on CS3, not quite sure if it'll work on any other, just give it a try.
And let me know if it is of any help, and suggest something U didn't like, so I can correct it.

For further cleaning of Greys and Borders etc, there are a lot of tutorials here.
This site is the one I found best for this purpose http://senbonzakura.kageyoshi.net/

U can re-level the pages because different raws need to be leveled differently.
After applying my action using Shift+F2, just press Ctrl+L and adjust the whites and blacks here is what the leveling window looks like, just keep in mind not to make the blacks too black, and whites too white, that's called over leveling and is considered a bad thing. Re dust the page if dust still remains.

Last edited:

FFz

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
dude can u upload that to like another fire download place?

THE KING

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
India
dude can u upload that to like another fire download place?
Did it on rapidshare, it's just a 2kb file.

LegACy

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
May I know what the action consist of?

Waeyen

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Germany
hmm not bad.
It`s not perfect... but it`s ok :)

THE KING

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
India
Tell me why it's not perfect, and I'll improve them.
As for the actions, leveling, b&w replacement, diffusion, blurring, high pass...
U can level the pages a little more, if not satisfied with the one done by my procedure.
After applying my action using Shift+F2, just press Ctrl+L and adjust the whites and blacks here is what the leveling window looks like, just keep in mind not to make the blacks too black, and whites too white, that's called over leveling and is considered a bad thing.

Last edited:

hanamaru

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hem...
it just same with another tutorial that i found here..

but i wanna to try first. is it become good or not...
btw, thanx...

deJeer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hum,...
nice

AkiraxMamiFTW

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
could you repost that or put it on another sever because it doesn't work when i click it. thanx.

mangafoe2

Reaction score
Country
France
Can you please Re upload it to another Downloading server ?? Link doesn't work

leeloochan

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Link doesn't work. Could you upload it again?

Randme

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
Anyone have this action [ravijha85_s_way_to_cleaning_a_manga_page.atn] and could reulpoad it in mediafire or somethink like this?
Regards Randme

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
There's no such thing as one action that will clean anything you want it to. Certainly not if you're trying to get results better than LQ/MQ.
Sometimes a single action will even bring different results for two pages of the same chapter. It all comes down to the quality of the raws - you use different methods for magazine raws, volume raws and webraws. And the quality of raws for each of these categories can also vary from low to high. Even scans done by the same person, using the same settings can look different depending on the quality of print and paper.

If you're new to Editing and you want help starting out, just make a new thread here: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/874-Manga Editors-Academy
Post there a few sample raw pages and your attempts of cleaning then. I'll review them for you.
If I have the time, I might even make you a video showing you how I'd clean them.

Randme

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I just want to see how this action work. Did it clean bubles etc. I'm not neewbie in Edited Mangas word ;>
Thanks for your answer ;)
Regards Randme

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I doubt that. There are actions that will automatically fill in the bubbles with white or whatever color you set them with (it can also be the foreground/background color), but they require that you use wand selection to (partially) select the area within the bubbles first. And it wouldn't work without properly leveling (and maybe denoising) the pages first.
Besides, as far as I know, six years ago there were no bubble-cleaning action yet.

Randme

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I see. Ok thanks for your time.
Bye ;}