Cleaning Challenge #02 - The Lesson | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cleaning Challenge #02 - The Lesson

silveril

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Please make a new thread for yourself entitled: "[NICK] attempts Cleaning Challenge #02" when attempting.

okay so i found one that is super cool, easier than the last one (no yellow); and not THAT hard... when you know what to do :
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5079/17myhime165lc.jpg

this one has a LOT of grey that are fading xD.. this is really usefull to know how to do it; it's often used for flashbacks and stuff.. so this will be a training for it :)
2 different techs to do a UNIFORM gray fading:

• do the grey as usual and then create a gradient (black to white) layer over it (but only on the grey selection of course) and lower opacity! BUT you need to be careful that the tone is like in the original manga -use the sample thingy to take the right colors for your gradient- (i already told you how to use the gradient in the 1st topic i think?)

• use the stamp tool, by having as a start point ( ALT + Click ) some place next to where you wanna remove the white cone so you get a uniform gradient (i dont wanna see a gradient gray with cones of "white" like on the floor that you see there)
~ btw, if you dont click anymore and the click again for using the stamp tool, it will stamp the new page that you just draw; if not then it still stamps the original page :o ~

DONT FORGET TO CHECK this LINK : http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2433.0

Anyway the result should come out a bit like this: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2493/041023el.jpg
but PLEASE play the game if you wanna learn and dont copy from it IN ANYWAY (i'm just posting so that you know what it should look like at the end! look at is ONCE and close it.. you won't have a volume scan everytime you clean.. after all why clean when we have THAT right? :p)

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cleaning Challenge #02

Ok... will get to work on it as soon as I can just a quick question though... what manga is it from?

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Cleaning Challenge #02

It's from My Hime.. err... Otome.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France

oh. so it IS a cleaning challenge :O *wow*. lol

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well only around 300 OP chapters left till I can start with this xD (OP is just too good =) )

vlado

Reaction score

Damn silveril how the hell did you get that result O_O i suck? :((

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States

He did not get that result... that is a different scan and better scan from the volume.

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Cobra2150 said:
He did not get that result... that is a different scan and better scan from the volume.
What!? Is Silveril cheating?
I will go to Paris to punish him then. brb.

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States

silveril said:
(i'm just posting so that you know what it should look like at the end! look at is ONCE and close it.. you won't have a volume scan everytime you clean.. after all why clean when we have THAT right? :p)
I am not saying that he didn't do any cleaning at all but according to how that is worded it seems like the second one is a volume scan just to let us know what the image should look like.

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Where did he said that its his/her results? Its just how it should look like :P

edit: oh cobra beat me xD

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France

I never said i cleaned it O.o where did you get that from :o
But if you want i can do it.. and delay the rush OP release :D[br]Posted on: 17-07-2006, 00:29:37_________________________________________________and I repeat.. I just posted that so that you know how the Gray Gradient should look like; I know that it wont be as good (i can't do that anyway xD), as the scan.. well it sux and it's small.

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

silveril said:
But if you want i can do it.. and delay the rush OP release
noooo :o and another Nooooooo for the 2nd challenge! *glug glug glug glug...drowning in the deep end* i don't even know where to begin :blink the borders are even worse than Zoro's flapping jacket! whatever happened to the step-by-step cleaning lessons? :scry *graduation day from MH accademy looks very very very faaaaaaar away for brede...* i'll give it a go...just nobody laugh at the result :mad

cobra2150

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ya the borders are gonna be a pain... reminds me I still need to fix them up... but oh well all I got left besides some "fine tuning".

Casaubon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Um seriously this one looks a lot harder than the Zoro one. Aren't we supposed to be beginners? No one even has a tutorial covering how to do the gray fading and the 2 sentences you have didn't help. I was pretty sure I could have did the Zoro one but man at least pick stuff thats possible for people who haven't been doing this shit for years.

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France

oh. well this wasnt meant to be a cleaning challenge.. but someone put it here..
Dont do the borders (or maybe just the black on the borders so it looks nice.. the scan is too small to waste time doing the grey stroke of the borders :noworry)!
The IMPORTANT thing of this challenge, is learning how to do grey fading.. (so focus on those.. floor.. sword.. boots.. flame behind)
If you have any questions on how to do them, please ask this thread is here for helping people out :)

And check this link: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2433.0 to see how to do grey!! ^.^

gto0o

Reaction score
Country
Greece

This is really tough... Greys are my worst nightmare... That's why i admire u guys... really tough job
I gave it a try... i did find out about patterns and how to use them but still... i don't have enough patterns to do what's needed for the page above... Perhaps if u gave the patterns it would be easier... i downloaded the pattern-static.zip, dotsandscreens2.zip, gris.pat, but i guess it's really difficult to choose one.

The worst is that i don't know how to change the patterns grey tone to match the one i want ;) (with brightness contrast?)

I would be glad if u gave some more info..

ur hints are definetelly usefull ... but this is really difficult for me.. keep on ur great job :) thnx

silveril

Reaction score
Country
France

well actually, when you have multiple types of gray, but only one pattern, technically you *could* get any tone you want
just create a layer above the gray pattern layer, pres CRTL + G, buy doing in so, your new layer is lock on the layer below (in this example that shall be the gray layer) and you can only draw on places that have been drawn on the gray layer (dont know if i made myself clear here, but if you try you should be able to figure that out)
now fill that new layer with black; you'll notice that only the parts that were gray patterned (yey a new word x) are gonna be filled with black
Then play with the opacity of your black layer until you get the tone that you want!.. Keep that black layer (dont merge it) in case you wanna get that tone again for other places (caus then you'll know what opacity you have to put in order to get that exact same tone) ^^
You can also do the same with a white layer (the pattern will be lighter than the original.. whereas with black the pattern will be darker ;))

algojyo

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

waaa.....so this is it all about

rasenshuriken

Reaction score
Country
United States