TV - Cobra Kai | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV Cobra Kai

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
COBRA KAI

Thirty years after their final confrontation at the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, Johnny Lawrence is at rock-bottom as an unemployed handyman haunted by his wasted life. However, when Johnny rescues a bullied kid, Miguel, from bullies, he is inspired to restart the notorious Cobra Kai dojo. However, this revitalization of his life and related misunderstandings find Johnny restarting his old rivalry with Daniel LaRousso, a successful businessman who may be happily married, but is missing an essential balance in life since the death of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi. Meanwhile, even as this antipathy festers, it finds itself reflected in their protegees as Miguel and his comrades are gradually poisoned by Cobra Kai's thuggish philosophy. Meanwhile, while Daniel's daughter, Samantha, finds herself in the middle of this conflict amidst false friends, Johnny's estranged miscreant son, Robby, finds himself inadvertently coming under Daniel's wing and flourishes in ways worthy of Mr. Miyagi.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have always been a huge fan of the Karate Kid Movies, but it wasn´t until YouTube keep repeatedly showing me ads for the Second Season of this series that I decided to give it a try. And I am so glad I did! I have just finished watching Season 1 and I cannot wait to start watching Season 2.

I created this thread to talk and discuss about this surprisingly awesome spinoff series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So as I mentioned it before I finished watching the first season of Cobra Kai. The series feels very faithful to the Karate Kid Saga but it has a twist that keeps it fresh and new at the same time. As of the end of episode 10 of season 1, these are my thoughts.

Johnny is one of the most interesting characters of the series IMHO. It is interesting to understand things from his perspective.

Daniel...is still Daniel...a good guy who is not perfect.

Miguel...I loved the journey he went through to become stronger; however, in the end, he became what he disliked the most at the very beginning of the series...a bully.

Sam...she is okay...I like how she was able to figure out who her true friends were and how she put Kyler in his place at the movie theater.

Robby...I really like how he has changed for the better under the tutelage of Daniel. He is a very good kid...just like his father, he had a diffusional family but the difference is that he was lucky to have a good teacher, not like his father that had a horrible human being as a teacher.

Hawk...I don't like him. Karate made him stronger but he is using it to become arrogant and too aggressive ...he became another bully in the end.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I just finished watching Episode 3 of the Second Season and ...I don't like what Miguel has become...and Hawk...I don't think he is cool...I think he is a ruffian...I dislike him more and more with each episode.

On the other hand, I like Robby more ...and even though I found Sam and Miguel cute...I actually like this "friendship" forming between Sam and Robby.

I must say I did like that intimate conversation between Miguel and Johnny.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
According to creator Hayden Schlossberg.

Season 3 will be out in a matter of weeks.

:super

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking forward to Season 3 but if I read correctly, it will air next year.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Also, it has jumped from Youtube Premium to Netflix.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, it has jumped from Youtube Premium to Netflix.
Yep...and Season 3 is supposed to air in January 2021. I was considering having a Season 1 and Season 2 marathon in preparation for Season 3.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow...even Elon Musk likes it. :XD And I already finished watched Season 3...now I can't wait to watch season 4!