Discussion - Coffee Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Coffee Thread

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I realize there's no coffee thread! :gwah

source

So, the questions are:
- Do you like coffee? Are you a big fan? Why? (you can also state if you do not like coffee and why)
- Which do you like the most? Arabica or robusta?
- What kind do you like the most? Aceh Gayo? Ethiopia? Vietnam? Brazil? Or else?
- What coffee drink do you like the most? Espresso? Americano? Frappuccino? Or else?
- Do you like other coffee-derivative product? For example: tiramisu, coffee bun, coffee candy

Discuss!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oohhhh look a coffee thread!!

I'm actually not that big of a coffee fan. I drink it at work during breaks, because that's faster than drinking a cup of tea. Lately I have been experimenting with making Latte Macchiato (with almond milk), which is kind of nice from time to time. Shall make a pic for this thread for it one of these days.
Oh, I do like it when coffee and chocolate are combined (like those little chocolates that have a bit of coffee in them).

How about yourself?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I am a big fan of coffee ☕ Although, I have to limit my consumption due to fast average heartbeat per minute. I drink only 1 cup a day at max. I just..like its taste. It smells so good.

I prefer robusta to arabica. Robusta is more bitter (arabica is sour) and blends well with sugar and milk (yes, I drink coffee with milk and sugar. I don't really like espresso).

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Im a huge coffee fan :teehee i do drink 3/4 cup a day, and it tend to ease my migraine too. I tend to drink americano , or expresso (americano more often) but no ristretto its way to strong/bitter. i dont drink coffee with milk and sugar. I prefer pour-over, coffee made with freshly ground beans, and i dislike instant coffee. I do drink it only if i have no other options.

oh i like dessert with coffee, did a tiramisu recently :zomg

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Lately I have been experimenting with making Latte Macchiato (with almond milk), which is kind of nice from time to time.
almond milk.. thats interesting! I don't think it's common here, especially in small coffee-to-go cafes. Worth trying

Im a huge coffee fan :teehee i do drink 3/4 cup a day, and it tend to ease my migraine too. I tend to drink americano , or expresso (americano more often) but no ristretto its way to strong/bitter. i dont drink coffee with milk and sugar. I prefer pour-over, coffee made with freshly ground beans, and i dislike instant coffee. I do drink it only if i have no other options.

oh i like dessert with coffee, did a tiramisu recently :zomg

oh wow.. thats a lot! considering coffee is diuretic, how do you handle with dehydration, water consumption, and urination? and how about your sleep patterns?

oh btw guys, if you encounter a delicious coffee, you can share your review and photo here! I hang out a lot at cafes with my brother and we usually take photos. Many of the coffee drinks were tasty

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh wow.. thats a lot! considering coffee is diuretic, how do you handle with dehydration, water consumption, and urination? and how about your sleep patterns?
Its not a lot, its the average coffee consumtion, actually. Also its the amount recommended to get the most benefits of coffee. High coffee consumption is like 10/12cups+ and yeah theres people who drink like 15 cups a day or even more.

+

oh btw guys, if you encounter a delicious coffee, you can share your review and photo here! I hang out a lot at cafes with my brother and we usually take photos. Many of the coffee drinks were tasty
Oh i tend to do that but i ve lost plenty of pics, waiting for restaurants and coffee shops to open back to rtake more. Heres a couple of pics i could find n my computer :

Taken in my fave coffee shop, when i was in Ireland. :zomg

And heres a Buna ceremony (before it started) in an Ethiopan restaurant where ive been before Covid thing started last year. Its a coffee ceremony, i havent intended to the ceremony sadly, but i think it consists in roasting coffee with incense in the jebena pot (gray device)

More about Buna : https://magazine.crema.co/grace-of-buna-the-ethiopian-coffee-ceremony-ca71cef494a9

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I'm starting work before 8am, I tend not to have breakfast so I'll have a cup of coffee as an energy boost until a break later on. That's the only time I ever drink coffee at home. I'll really only have half of whatever cup I make (see below), so I need to change this.

Socially, I do have some coffee here and there. Through trial and error I have found my bladder would much rather have an espresso machiatto or flat white than anything else. But I will have an iced latte or maybe even a frappuccino if the weather is nice.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I like coffee because of the caffeine and taste when sugar is added. I usually add about four to ten packets of sugar, depending on the size and how bitter the coffee is.

Thank you for reading this post, may you all have a coffee day.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like coffee because of the caffeine and taste when sugar is added. I usually add about four to ten packets of sugar, depending on the size and how bitter the coffee is.
Why so much sugar? you're killing off the taste of the coffee itself...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
yeah M3J I was shocked at the "10 packets of sugar"..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Its not a lot, its the average coffee consumtion, actually. Also its the amount recommended to get the most benefits of coffee. High coffee consumption is like 10/12cups+ and yeah theres people who drink like 15 cups a day or even more.

+
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/11/171122190659.html
😱 😱 I am so naive....
Oh i tend to do that but i ve lost plenty of pics, waiting for restaurants and coffee shops to open back to rtake more. Heres a couple of pics i could find n my computer :

Taken in my fave coffee shop, when i was in Ireland. :zomg

And heres a Buna ceremony (before it started) in an Ethiopan restaurant where ive been before Covid thing started last year. Its a coffee ceremony, i havent intended to the ceremony sadly, but i think it consists in roasting coffee with incense in the jebena pot (gray device)

More about Buna : https://magazine.crema.co/grace-of-buna-the-ethiopian-coffee-ceremony-ca71cef494a9
oohh interested in that ceremony. Wish I could try it someday!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Because I dislike how bitter coffee is, and the ten packets would be for XL coffee.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
- Do you like coffee? Are you a big fan? Why? (you can also state if you do not like coffee and why)
- Which do you like the most? Arabica or robusta?
- What kind do you like the most? Aceh Gayo? Ethiopia? Vietnam? Brazil? Or else?
- What coffee drink do you like the most? Espresso? Americano? Frappuccino? Or else?
- Do you like other coffee-derivative product? For example: tiramisu, coffee bun, coffee candy
  • It's okay, neither here nor there
  • Not sure tbh
  • Whatever is local, preferably a small business
  • Cappuccino
  • Not really
I'll drink coffee at work. Usually mid morning, put my feet up for a bit. I rarely meet up for coffee socially tho.

Olive00

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Now I am drinking decaf coffee. It’s coffee from coffee beans that have had at least 97% of their caffeine removed. I just want to reduce the negative effects of caffeine on my organism, especially on the heart. I can also drink it after 18 hours and I will still sleep normally, this is a big plus for me.Іf you compare decaf coffee and regular coffee, there is almost no difference between them. Well, unless decaf has a less expressive, softer taste and aroma, but it's still delicious.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
how can anyone like coffee+soda+strawberry jam? ew
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

also coffee+tonic water. ew

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I started espresso (double) a little while back because it's easier, now I prefer it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I kinda am addicted to cawfee, and it sucks. Starbucks' coffee is horrid though, unless it's blonde roast.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Be careful with teh covfefe.

:hurr

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I never tried all of those tbh. Branded products are overrated.

my barista coach said starbucks dont sell coffee, they sell sugar

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Do you like coffee? Are you a big fan? Why? (you can also state if you do not like coffee and why)
No i don't like coffee, and i'm not a fan, I hate it because of it's taste. It's just that bad.