Fall - College Football Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fall College Football Thread

Fugitive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Alright... time to revive this thread...

Its college Football time!!!
it's going to be a tough year for my wolverines, so I guess I'll just have to look towards the future and hope Coach Rodriguez can deliver:notrust
As long as they give a whooping to Notre Dame. Does anyone even care about this rivalry anymore? Considering that both teams completely suck.

Go State! (MSU, hahaha!)

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is just a bad year for that rivalry, but I do agree that it has lost some of its luster. The reason for that I think is more on the part of Notre Dame then it is on Michigan. Michigan will be back to being a top 20 team and consistently playing on New Years day or later very soon. Notre Dame on the other hand, won't be. Their program has lost all of the mystique and glamor that it used to have... especially with the younger generations. Unless its your alma matar and/or you were raised in a Notre Dame household is there anyone under the age of 25-30 that really cares about the Fightin' Irish anymore? It's going to take a insanely charismatic coach(Weis is definitely not one of them) to lure top players away from the USC's, Oklahomas, and Florida type schools. You compile that with the tough admissions aspect of the school and they're going to have a hard time competing year in and year out with the top level teams.

kehpped.crusader

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why did this thread die?! I was having so much fun reading it...:(

Anyway, as a "girl", I'm not even going to pretend to know how to talk the talk. All I do know is that I enjoy college football and will be sad when the season's over.

Crappy as the BCS is, who do you think is going to the national championship? Or who do you want to see?

As an SEC girl, I'm all for three-years-in-a-row SEC-team national champs - although maybe not if it's Florida, but that's mainly because I'm Dawg. I guess I'll wait until the rankings come out tomorrow. I AM looking forward to the 'Bama/Gators game next-next week. That's almost like a National Championship game right there...I'm rooting for Alabama, of course. Even if I am still bitter towards them.

How about that beating Oklahoma gave Texas Tech? I didn't think it'd be that bad.

And could someone please tell me why USC keeps getting ranked so high? I mean, other than the obvious ::coughmoneycough:: reasons ::coughpoliticscough::.

I hope this thread doesn't die! I like reading what you guys have to say. :tem

LB56

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it's bowl season, and I got my ticket to the Capital One Bowl to see my Dawgs play. Unfortunately, Florida made it to the national championship game. Does anyone else think that it's strange that USC (the real one, not the one in Columbia, South Carolina) wasn't even considered in the hunt for the national championship.

Their only loss came early in the season against a solid Oregon State team who was playing at home. Florida lost to a good Ole Miss team, but they were playing in the Swamp. Both teams have a win against a team that ended up in a BCS game (Alabama for Florida and Ohio State for USC). Couple that with the fact that both the Pac-10 and SEC were very down this year, and the resumes of both teams look startlingly similar. Maybe I'm letting my hatred for all things orange and blue cloud my vision.

In any event, I'm glad I get to see Knowshon Moreno and Matt Stafford play in there last game for UGA. I hope the defense wakes up, so my boy, Rennie Curran, doesn't have his effort go to waste. GO DAWGS! SIC SPARTY!!!

Last edited:

Uchiha Slayer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gamecocks knock off formely #1 Alabama...Bama can role back home now with there loss!!!!

GO GAMECOCKS!!!!

Uchiha Slayer

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Gamecocks are going to Atlanta to play Auburn!!!Auburn is going to be tough but we can do it.

Let's bring the SEC to SC.

juliadesusa

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Football is the game which I like the most.But for that we want the surface of the field is good should not sleepery and the other thing is the shoes which you are wearing for that are quite comfortable for running.

fleshcut

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else think programs like Florida who mainly use the spread are not training qb's the skills you need to make a living in the nfl? We have seen T-bone need to work on his footwork, taking snaps, and just overall throwing mechanics that the if he wasn't in the spread and would of been in a more nfl friendly offense would of all worked themselves out.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
77 heisman winners before a freshman won it...manziel is that good...just think he has three more yrs of eligibility