Compilation of facts about R!Syaoran and Watanuki's parents | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Compilation of facts about R!Syaoran and Watanuki's parents

Flipper

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Here is where we'll compile all information concerning R!Syaoran and Watanuki's parents in an attempt to help make sense of the latest developments. This is a response to a request made in the previous TRC discussion thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47677

If you find some facts concerning R!Syaorans and Watanuki's parents post them here, and don't forget to note, from which series (Xxxholic or TRC), which chapter and which page they're on. I'll put them together when I get some time on my hands. If you have the time you can work on a timeline of events and such to support the facts and I'd be more than happy to put it up here (with credit going to you of course), I'd do it myself but I have way too much work to do right now.

Thank you very much and I hope this will help lift the veil of uncertainty.
:>

Legend: I will expand this as I need.
* = The Delrey manga translation
^ = Non Delrey manga translation

Xxxholic:
We see the original clow version here, and check the TRC column to see the star version.
"The one who owns the original now is the creep's blood relation, a cute young girl" (page 47*, and (3: 05)

"But I haven't met her yet... the cute young girl and her companion. Ahh... but it seems in the near future I will,. Not the same ones, but it'll be them" ( vol 1,page 47* & 48*, 3: 05 & 3: 06)

This one isn't directly related to their parents, but it's related to a previous quote here.
"I have been waiting for the two of you. You're not the same ones, but you are the same of a different world." (Vol 2, page 1* 13: 01)

The blood relations of Clow here, imply the cute young girl who has the original staff.
"We made them for two who are the same as, yet different from, blood relations of Clow" (Vol 2, page 15* 13:14)

"In the world we live in, Sakura-chan and Syaoran-kun; the two you saw exist. They are Clows blood relations" (Vol 2, page 16* 13: 15)

"After all, you learned to cook from your father and his cooking couldn't be beat" (Vol 2, page 100*, 19: 11)

^Mokona (black) says that, "Watanuki's cooking tastes like his dads (see previous quote in this column), where Yûko replies "Yes and that of a more distant blood relation" (Don't have the novel, 165: 09)

Another mention of the star staff, Yûko also mentions that this one belonged to Sakura the true inheritor of Clow's magic. (167: 6)

^Yûko mentions that Watanuki's parents, existing in this world, died to protect him. I'd sugget reading the whole chapter for a better understanding. (167: 12)

^Here the fortune teller is speaking to Yûko, where she confesses that she was incorrect with her first prediction and that his parents are alive, just not in this world. (Don't have this novel, 170: 05)

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

^Seishiro apparently knew, in some capacity, Watanuki/R!Syaoran's father.
(170:17-18; )

^R!Syaoran tells Yuuko his name is "Li Syaoran," just like his father's name...(189:5)

^The Star is a price payed by R!Syaoran's mother for him, shown in TRC (189:11)

^His father taught him about hitzusen, something from CCS (190:8-9)

^He received his sword from his father. The sword his father passes onto him is basically the same jian that Li Syaoran used in CCS(192:6)

^Additionally, his father did say he passed his name onto him. (192:7)

^The pinky promise, which is a recurring event in CCS; it's implied that it is a tradition in CCS aswell as in R!Syaoran's original world. (192: 19)

^Here it is implied that Sakura is infact not R!Sakura's real name. (191: 07 & 196: 03)

^R!Syaoran talks about his father teaching him to cook (just like Watanuki) and that his mother was never too good at it. (199: 09)

^His mother's circle appears under him when his time is turned back--overtaking, as it were, the seal of Clow(201:7-8). Using the above image, this does appear with the pair that we see in 216 and 217 as well

^It is stated that R!Syaoran is clow reed's descendant, and it is implied in CCS that Li Syaoran is also a descendant of Clow (So is the entire Li clan, on the mother's side if I'm not mistaken). (202: 04

Other important details

以前, 四月一日が見つけた杖は
模造品だったけど
これは唯一
真実の "星の杖"

クロウが紡いだ魔術を受け継いださくらちゃんが
対価として置いていった物

izen, Watanuki ga mitsuketa tsue wa
repurika datta kedo
korewa yuiitsu
hontou no “hoshi no tsue”

Clow ga tsumui da majutsu wo uketsui da Sakura-chan ga
taika toshite oite itta mono
------------------
I personally think that the translation of the staff being the "one and only Star Staff" is a good translation. The word "yuiitsu," speaking of the staff, means unique, singular, sole, only etc.

The last sentence/bubble was rather difficult for me, so if the romanji is wrong, correct it. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Not that this is a huge revelation or anything, but when Yuuko is speaking of Sakura and the price paid being the Star Staff, it might also be noted that her name is in hiragana, not in katakana. This same rule applies when Father!Syaoran shouts her name, as she's taken away. So... there's a difference between the two, when speaking of the TRC pair and Mother!Sakura, apparently. In CCS, Sakura's name was also spelt with hiragana. (PirateFiend)

RSyaoran and Watanuki's parents:
The easiest way to state this is; they are C!Syaoran & C!Sakura! I've dedicated this section to the latest developements.

Ok, we'll start at the basics, the clones, as identical as they seem to other biological organisms, they are different in one specific aspect, the death process. Since they are artificial, they don't "die", this means that they can be reincarnated (220: 06-07). When they are reincarnated they are inevitably going to meet.
They are reincarnated and meet in Hong Kong due to a school trip and hitzusen (222:06 and the rest of the chapter). They later give birth to R!Syaoran, which implies that C!Syaoran and C!Sakura are R!Syaoran's parents. There was a bit of foreshadowing of this, though only in retrospect are they distinct. Anyway, here's some of them, feel free to notify me if I'm missing some.

The clothing shown in the previous flashback episodes matches the Hong Kong theme of their meeting (199:09 & the page proceeding it). It is also implied that R!Syaoran's father has knowledge exceeding that of someone who hasn't witnessed it through some medium.

Here is is heavily implied that Seishirou has met R!Syaoran's father, now taking into consideration the fact that C!Syaoran is the father of R!Syaoran, the statement, "you're so very like that father of yours in that respect. Though that may be because you truly are your father's son." (170:17) It is stated that Seishirou trained C!Syaoran in martial arts, which explains how he knows him so well. (42:16)

Now Watanuki's parents are a bit more ambiguous, he can't remember what they look like or what their names are. It has never been stated through the story, so we don't know for sure who they are, all we can do is speculate. There are multiple theories surrounding this, I don't have the time to list them all, so I'm going to try to explain one theory. Ok, according to this theory, Watanuki's parents are a duplicate of R!Syaoran's, this theory isn't perfect. It has a bountiful amount of flaws. Like, why would they get duplicated (not to sure on the specifics of the duplication, it's as I said very ambiguous), would they have the same soul etc. There are too many gaping chasms in this theory to count.

A few facts to support the duplication was a quote where Yuuko says that something which was a sole object has now become two, she's speaking of the egg that C!Sakura fetched in Acid Tokyo, the same thing could apply to the parents, as a result of the distortion of the wish (this is all guesswork). I'll add a link to the page once I find it, I just don't have time right now:)
This is a collaboration of discussions during the last few weeks, so credit goes to all you people discussing TRC.

Thanks

Thank you DWMU, PirateFiend, Shirubia and all you others for your contributions! Hope to see more people taking an interest in this and helping out, would make it easier for me as I have lots of work ( I'm certain you do too, but if you have some spare time, help would be appreciated).

Last edited:

Tsubasaholic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.

Tsubasaholic

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Last edited:

Flipper

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Last edited:

PirateFiend

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

Silversakura

Reaction score
Country
United States

PirateFiend

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ruito

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

DontWakeMeUp

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

raincloud

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Last edited:

DontWakeMeUp

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited: