Conor McGregor VS Floyd Money Mayweather | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conor McGregor VS Floyd Money Mayweather

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
On August 26, 2017 at the T-Mobile Arena, these two animals go 12, 3 minute rounds in the ring.

I believe he needs no introduction, Conor McGregor a professional MMA fighter with a record of 23-3.

Floyd, a man who mastered the science of boxing with a perfect record of 39-0 holding more than 30 belts.

Who do you think is going to win this battle?

I choose Conor McGregor.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I choose Conor McGregor.
Why is that?

If this was an MMA fight, Mayweather wouldn't last a round. But this is a boxing match. Don't see how McGregor could win unless he gets lucky and knocks the best defensive boxer of all time out clean. Which doesn't seem all that likely.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Floyd ain't losing lol gonna be 50-0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Don't get me wrong, I would looove to see Mayweather get his stupid ass knocked out. But I don't see how one could rationally expect that to happen. Hoping is another thing though.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Floyd, at the end of the day will run like he does best and then quick jab. I see it lasting all 12 rounds

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A heap of big hitters have tried to knock Floyd out, he just evades them, and wins on points.

Conor McGregor is not a great boxer. Floyd will win via KO.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As much as I'd like to see Mayweather lose, I very much doubt that will happen. It'd make a mockery of boxing if an MMA fighter defeated one of (if not) the best defensive fighters in a boxing ring.

McGregor is fast and agile, I'll give him that. On top of that, he's got the years on Floyd but that by no means makes the latter rusty or diminishes his experience.

I honestly don't even see this lasting very long. In the UFC you fight for a maximum of 5 rounds, whereas in boxing that could go to 12 and at the very least Mayweather can drag this out until then. Does Connor have the stamina for that? we'll see.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Floyd will win via KO.
Wow really? A legit KO or a TKO? I could maybe see McGregor not being able to finish the fight, but I don't think I can imagine him getting knocked out by Mayweather. It might even be more likely to me that McGregor actually gets lucky and hurts him instead of Floyd actually doing that.

I honestly don't even see this lasting very long. In the UFC you fight for a maximum of 5 rounds, whereas in boxing that could go to 12 and at the very least Mayweather can drag this out until then. Does Connor have the stamina for that? we'll see.
MMA Rounds are longer (5 minutes). Boxing rounds last for 3 minutes. The exertion is a bit different depending on the fighter and style, but yeah. The transition isn't as huge as it looks IMO.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Wow really? A legit KO or a TKO? I could maybe see McGregor not being able to finish the fight, but I don't think I can imagine him getting knocked out by Mayweather. It might even be more likely to me that McGregor actually gets lucky and hurts him instead of Floyd actually doing that.
Yea I don't see it going 12 rds, so TKO/KO. I actually think it's possible to land a legit KO. He's a very defensive fighter, against top line boxers, but he might open up against Connor. He's got KO's before in his career iirc. But yea not going to hang my hat on this prediction xD

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yea I don't see it going 12 rds, so TKO/KO. I actually think it's possible to land a legit KO. He's a very defensive fighter, against top line boxers, but he might open up against Connor. He's got KO's before in his career iirc. But yea not going to hang my hat on this prediction xD
Idk, I feel like it could happen if McGregor is embarrassing himsefl, but I can't bank on that happening. I feel like it's more likely that he'd be too afraid of getting counterpunched.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just reading through some predictions made from some fighters and celebrities.

My favourite is from Sly "I really think Conor is a great fighter in his own right, especially in his own arena, but Mayweather will be facing first-degree murder charges."

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Floyd claims he's going to stand in front of McGregor.if he does i think he will be making the worst decision he's ever made in the ring.
But i wont hold my breath....cause he will run like a little bitch,like usual.

He can counter punch and win by points...but he lost his pop the more he moved up in weight.
I dont think theres a fear in McGregor of being KOed,i got a feeling he's going to be like a pitbull on Floyd early in the fight.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Mayweather went close to dropping him in the 9th rd. Conor needs a miracle shot but he looks stuffed.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, he's done. Prior to this he kind of held his own, even though he was still pretty much out-boxed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, ref stopped the fight in the 10th. Sort of a shit ending in all honesty, might have been over-protective. Guess he was having trouble defending himself.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I was actually expecting it to more of a turd than it turned out to be though. Probably helpful that Mayweather was actually attacking at certain points, rather than his usual running away.

30 million for your first professional fight seems rather decent. :lmao

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yea Conor did well, won the first 2 rds I would think. Probably was allowed to do that though so he would tire, and Floyd went after him to make it worse. This was probs more entertaining than the Pacquiao fight xD

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently he landed more punches in this fight than Pacquiao did but that would make sense if it was Mayweather's strategy to tire him out. He wouldn't take that chance against Manny.

Fair play to Connor, one fight and 30million.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The predictable outcome. McGregor got a heft sum of money for his first Professional League fight.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
30 million for your first professional fight seems rather decent. :lmao
The scary thing is that 30mil is the minimum payment. He will probably be pushing 100~ once the PPV portion is accounted for. That should be more than he is made in his entire career so far, for one fight.

Might as well stick to hyped boxing fights, the money is there.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yea Conor did well, won the first 2 rds I would think. Probably was allowed to do that though so he would tire, and Floyd went after him to make it worse. This was probs more entertaining than the Pacquiao fight xD
From my memory, it might have been. But that might be because I expected a lot more out of the Pacquiao fight than this one. So this might just be a pleasant surprise.

I don't get how people are all salty about no one giving Mayweather props for standing and attacking like he said he would. The dude didn't really bother doing that until McGregor was gassed. Definitely the typical cerebral Mayweather approach, but in no way was he actually going to do that from the jump. He was always going to let McGregor punch himself out.

The scary thing is that 30mil is the minimum payment. He will probably be pushing 100~ once the PPV portion is accounted for. That should be more than he is made in his entire career so far, for one fight.

Might as well stick to hyped boxing fights, the money is there.
Really? I know Floyd had 100m guaranteed, and I figured McGregor could increase his cut if he won or something. They do typically split the PPV money though, not sure why I'm surprised.

You think he'll do that? I mean, Connor won before he ever stepped in the ring really. He has all the chips now.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
From my memory, it might have been. But that might be because I expected a lot more out of the Pacquiao fight than this one. So this might just be a pleasant surprise.

I don't get how people are all salty about no one giving Mayweather props for standing and attacking like he said he would. The dude didn't really bother doing that until McGregor was gassed. Definitely the typical cerebral Mayweather approach, but in no way was he actually going to do that from the jump. He was always going to let McGregor punch himself out.
Yea that's probably right, the expectation was high from years of anticipation.

lol.... Floyd shouldn't be congratulated for getting 100mil to fight someone with limited experience.